One of the most complex structures of the human body is the lymphatic system. Lack of physical activity, junk food, and a number of other external factors lead to disruptions in its work, which most negatively affects the state of human health and its appearance.
Disruption of the lymphatic system can cause metabolic pathology, the appearance of puffiness, cellulite and increased fat deposition. The solution to these problems is manual or hardware lymphatic drainage massage. Specially developed techniques allow you to smoothly establish the normal functioning of the lymph flow.
Reasons for disastrous changes
In order to increase the effectiveness of the impact, it is necessary to have a general idea of the lymphatic fluid, its movement and the causes of disturbances.
Lymph is one of the components of the human internal environment, a transparent and viscous fluid, which is a type of connective tissue. Its presence in the human body helps to moisturize and transport a number of components from soft tissues to the circulatory system.
- Nervous disorders, stress.
- Bad habits (alcohol, tobacco).
- Water deficiency in the body.
- Incorrect food.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Sleep deficiency, disturbed daily routine.
- Chronic diseases of the internal organs.
It is possible to eliminate unpleasant phenomena only in a complex, fighting the cause of their occurrence and external defects.
All types of lymphatic drainage massage are carried out in order to correct the figure and improve the condition of the skin. Direct indications for it are:
- Varicose veins.
- Metabolic disease.
- Slow lymph flow.
- Local body fat, overweight, tendency to be overweight.
- Sagging skin, sagging soft tissues.
Before proceeding with the procedure, it is necessary to clarify in what cases it may be prohibited. Regardless of whether massage is carried out at home or in the salon, contraindications to it must be taken into account. In order not to harm the body and not provoke undesirable complications, the procedure should be postponed with:
- Fever, fever.
- Diabetes mellitus and other pathologies of the endocrine system.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin (wounds, cuts, etc.).
- Skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema and others).
- Heart disease.
- Fragility of blood vessels and capillaries.
- Inflammation of the lymph nodes.
If the type of massage performed is hardware, the list of restrictions can be supplemented by individual intolerance to electric current, the presence of a pacemaker or metal implants.
Both manual and hardware lymphatic drainage massage operate on the same principle. Their task is to restore the normal, correct flow of lymphatic fluid, which ultimately ensures the release of tissues from toxins and toxins. At the same time, the delivery of beneficial components and nutrient particles to the cells, on the contrary, is enhanced, normalization of metabolic processes, destruction and removal of fat cells takes place. The skin is tightened, acquires a homogeneous structure, cellulite passes. For a positive result of the procedure, 2 – 3 is performed once a week.
Types of hardware massage
Lymphatic drainage massage of the body or face can be either hardware or manual. In the first case, the procedure requires less effort from the specialist, and time from the patient with equal or greater impact effectiveness. There are several ways of such an impact:
It is carried out using compressed air pressure. For the procedure, you need a special suit, consisting of individual elements, reminiscent of the principle of the cuff of the tonometer. Air is pumped in them, and the material presses on the soft tissues, stimulating the lymph flow and blood circulation.
The air in the suit for pressure therapy is supplied alternately, the sensations during the procedure are relaxing and painless. As a result of exposure, fat cells break down, normalize metabolism, and reduce swelling and cellulite.
The principle of operation of the technique is based on the use of weak pulses of electric current, which has the following characteristics:
- Voltage – 11 – 14 V.
- Frequency – 0.1 – 300 Hz.
- Strength – up to 600 μA.
The charge supplied through the electrodes affects the entire dermis, muscles, and fiber. As a result of regular exposure, the patient can count on the following positive changes:
- Activation of intracellular biochemical processes.
- Improvement of metabolism.
- Accelerating cell regeneration and enhancing fibroblast production.
- Activation of blood circulation and oxygen delivery to cells.
- Synthesis of hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin fibers.
- Increased tone of facial muscles.
- The removal of excess fluid.
- For its implementation, special devices or medical cans are used that act on the deep layers of the dermis using a vacuum. The effect provokes:
- Normalization of blood circulation and lymph movement.
- Metabolic optimization.
- Active collagen production.
- The breakdown of fats.
- Skin cell renewal.
Vacuum exposure is not carried out to treat the area of the lymph nodes and inguinal zone.
Types of Hand Massage
Manual lymphatic drainage body massage often provides no less pronounced results than hardware techniques. Experts subdivide this method of influence into the following areas:
- Surface. The goal is the stimulation of capillaries, the removal of excess fluid.
- Deep. The goal is the effect on the lymphatic vessels, the outflow of fluid from the internal organs.
- Internal. The goal is the effect on the lymph nodes.
Professionals perform massage for 1 – 1.5 hours using various techniques; at home, it is recommended that the procedure be reduced to half an hour and carried out using basic techniques.
Massage at home alone
Massage of this kind at home is a responsible event, it is necessary to have certain general and specific knowledge and skills for its implementation. If you decide to carry out lymphatic drainage yourself, take the following recommendations into service:
- Only problem areas of the body are subject to processing, leave the face to specialists, the chance of side effects is great.
- Before exposure, apply massage oil to the skin (alternative is natural honey).
- Read the contraindications and carefully follow them.
- The movements during the massage are performed in the direction of the lymph flow (i.e. from bottom to top).
- The impact should be moderate and delicate, pressure and pressure damage the capillaries.
- Upon completion of exposure, reduce physical activity by 2 – 4 hours.
How to do lymphatic drainage massage? The whole process is conditionally divided into two mandatory stages:
- Preparation. It consists in quick, but delicate stroking along the lines of the lymph flow. The task is to warm up the tissues and speed up the metabolic processes.
- Main impact. It is carried out by various methods, the simplest solution is direct sliding with the edge of the palm at an intense pace, but again without pronounced pressure. The task is to normalize the lymph flow.
Manual lymphatic drainage massage largely depends on the location of the problem area. Its advantage over the hardware lies in the possibility of working out the most delicate areas.
Features of manual massage
So, lymphatic drainage massage of the breast not carried out using devices, but if necessary, can be done by hand. To conduct it, adhere to the following rules:
- Stroke the mammary glands with your palm from top to bottom.
- Fix the thumbs in the armpits, and the rest to stroke the chest with a slight pressure.
- With the base of the palm, stretch the shoulders to stimulate blood circulation.
- Make smooth rolls with your fingers from the nipple to the armpits.
Lymphatic drainage massage of the abdomen It is carried out to improve the peritoneal organs, the breakdown of fatty complications and skin tightening. The starting point in this case is the navel, lock your palm in this area and make circular movements in a clockwise direction.
How much does lymphatic drainage massage cost? The price of the procedure directly depends on the method of its implementation, the availability of additional services and the qualifications of a specialist.
Lymphatic drainage massage of the body or face is a type of massage aimed at stimulating the circulation of lymphatic fluid. Her stagnation provokes cellulite and fat deposits, puffiness and sagging skin. You can get rid of this with the help of a massage course carried out manually or with the help of special devices (pressure therapy, microcurrents, vacuum).