Lymphatic drainage foot massage is an indispensable procedure in many respects; its implementation helps to combat body fat and the effect of the orange peel, improve blood circulation and supply the cells with oxygen, and prevent varicose veins. Let’s take a closer look at what types of it exist, what are the indications and contraindications for conducting, how much it will cost.
The goal of lymphatic drainage massage is to normalize the circulation of lymph. Slowing down its movement due to malnutrition, nervous disorders or other external and internal factors leads to:
- Metabolic disorders.
- The accumulation of body fat.
- Reduces skin elasticity and dryness.
- The development of inflammation.
- Feeling of discomfort, fatigue, pain in the legs.
Massage effects stimulate the normal flow of lymph, which enhances the elimination of toxins and toxins, provides cells with the necessary nutrients and oxygen. Metabolism is established, and fat cells are destroyed and excreted naturally, a feeling of lightness appears in the legs.
In what cases is lymphatic drainage foot massage performed? The procedure is both preventive and therapeutic. With its help, it is possible to prevent the appearance of pathologies and defects, reduce their severity or completely eliminate external defects. Indications for exposure can be cosmetic or medical:
- Cellulite, sagging and uneven skin.
- Local body fat.
- Total leg fatigue.
Lymphatic drainage foot massage has contraindications. Restrictions on its implementation apply to professional and home procedures. Among them:
- Infectious diseases, accompanied by fever, general malaise.
- Pathology of the internal organs and circulatory system.
Lymphatic drainage massage is divided into types depending on the method of exposure: there are manual and hardware methods for its implementation. The choice of a particular direction is determined depending on contraindications and the severity of a patient’s problem. Each method also includes separate, specific techniques.
Hardware lymphatic drainage foot massage allows you to achieve the desired results in a short time and without visible effort. Currently, the following methods are used to normalize lymph flow:
- Pressotherapy It implies a positive effect on the body through periodic pressure of compressed air. For the procedure, special inflatable segments made of dense material are used. They work according to the principle of action of the cuff of the tonometer. Through a hollow tube connected to the compress, air is introduced into them, which contributes to pressure on the skin, then it descends and the pressure weakens, and a rest period begins. Massage is achieved by alternating air supply, manipulations have a general relaxing effect and enhance the movement of lymph. This technique is especially indicated for varicose veins and cellulite. It is carried out by a course of 10 — 30 procedures with a frequency of 2 — 3 times in 7 days.
- Microcurrent therapy. It belongs to the category of general health procedures, has a positive effect, including on the circulation of lymph. The essence of the procedure is to affect the skin, muscles, subcutaneous tissue with weak impulses of electric current. As a result, biochemical processes are activated, blood circulation, lymph flow, and metabolism normalize. Cells receive more oxygen and nutrients, are more actively restored, and fibroblasts produce more collagen, which is responsible for skin elasticity. The technique is contraindicated in varicose veins.
- Vacuum massage. As the name implies, the effect is carried out using a vacuum (negative pressure). The procedure is carried out by means of special devices or medical cans, which are used for massage sliding in the direction of lymph flow. In case of varicose veins, this method is also not relevant, in all other cases you should undergo a full massage course from 10 — 20 procedures with breaks from 3 to 7 days between each.
Lymphatic drainage massage with hands is no less popular than hardware techniques. It has fewer contraindications and often allows for a deeper study of problem areas, paying attention to hard-to-reach areas. Another plus of manual massage is that it is easy to carry out at home without having to purchase a large number of additional devices.
Treatments at home should not be done daily and constantly, but a massage course is needed to achieve the effect. Exercise intermittently from 2 to 7 days to 15 sessions per course. Before processing the skin, be sure to apply massage oil or a moisturizing cream on them that makes it easier to slip.
For the procedure you will need two chairs of the same height, you sit down on one, and put your foot on the other. The technique of lymphatic drainage massage is simple, follow these recommendations:
- Preparation. Relax and start by stroking from the bottom to the top, from the foot to the knee and from the knee to the inguinal region, without affecting the intimate area. Movements should be smooth, without pressure, over time, their intensity increases.
- Main impact. It is carried out with the help of pats and strokes, sliding with the edge of the palm of the hand. Movements are carried out along the lymphatic current, without pronounced pressure, but with constantly increasing intensity.
- Development of individual sites. Particular attention should be paid to the feet. For them, active rubbing without pressure and provoking painful sensations is provided.
Lymphatic drainage foot massage – manual or hardware impact on the hips, lower legs and feet in order to restore the circulation of lymphatic fluid. Thanks to the normalization of the lymphatic flow, swelling and severity of varicose veins are reduced, the skin becomes elastic and toned, cellulite disappears. Procedures should be carried out on a course basis and regularly.