Physical exercises and dietary correction do not always give positive results in the fight against extra pounds, some parts of the body are not amenable to external influences under any circumstances. Especially for such cases, mesodissolution has been developed – an injection cosmetology procedure, the purpose of which is to break down local fat deposits. The procedure involves a course of injections of the active components in the subcutaneous fat.
Definition and features of the procedure
Mesodissolution is a relatively new injection technique. This is a type of mesotherapy popular in cosmetology. The task is local volume correction, fat breakdown, cellulite reduction. The procedure has the following features:
- The use of lipolytic drugs (sodium deoxycholate, hypotonic solution, phosphatidylcholine).
- The introduction of solutions deeper than the dermal layer, to a depth of 1.3 centimeter.
- The need for a course of sessions (up to 10) with a break of one week.
- The total volume of injected drugs in one session does not exceed 20 ml.
- Introducing into strictly fixed areas (second chin, neck, elbow and knee joints, anterior abdominal wall, areas under the shoulder blades and in the armpits).
- To process the problem area requires several injections with a distance of up to 2 centimeters between them.
- The method of introduction involves placing the syringe at an angle of 90 degrees to the skin surface.
Used drugs and their characteristics
Mesodissolution involves the introduction of components such as sodium deoxycholate, hypotonic solution, phosphatidylcholine into adipose tissue. The listed substances are used individually and in combination with each other. If necessary, the cosmetologist can add to them a number of auxiliary components.
What properties do the main active ingredients have? Let’s talk more about these substances:
- Sodium deoxycholate. Secondary fatty acid, is present in the human body in its natural form, with additional introduction does not cause rejection. Destroys the membrane of fat cells, promotes the penetration of beneficial components into the cell.
- Phosphatidylcholine. It is produced by the human body. Appointment – splitting and removal of fats (through lymph, blood). Without additional components has a low ability to penetrate through cell membranes.
- The aqueous solution is hypotonic. It is used as an auxiliary component. It is not used for injection on its own, as it leads to scarring.
Complications and rehabilitation after the procedure
Mesodissolution in 90 percent of cases is accompanied by the development of temporary side effects. After injections for 3 – 4 days, patients note:
- Soreness and hypersensitivity at the injection site.
- Itching and irritation.
- Local redness of the dermis.
- Desires for vomiting.
- Increase in body temperature to 37 degrees.
- Decreased appetite.
Similar phenomena are observed partially or in combination. In general, they do not pose a threat to the health of the patient, but they provoke a certain discomfort.
Antiseptic treatments are performed before the skin is punctured, after which, if necessary, it is allowed to make cool compresses and use ointments for bruises. In the absence of appetite, do not overpower yourself, it is important to maintain water balance, since excess fluid provokes increased edema.
In addition to side effects after the procedure, in some cases, such complications are noted: allergies, inflammatory processes, necrosis. To prevent their development, additional consultations with a specialist may be required; allergy symptoms should be immediately stopped with antihistamines.
The complications should be notified to a specialist conducting a course of mesodissolution.
Before and after photos
The procedure is governed by general contraindications for all injection techniques. Mesodissolution is not recommended for:
- Pregnancy and during lactation.
- Individual intolerance to the components in the composition of the drugs used.
- Violation of blood coagulation, pathology of the circulatory system.
- Ailments of a mental nature.
- Damage to the skin in the problem area (inflammation, wounds, cuts) and numerous moles.
- Infectious skin diseases in the acute stage.
- Renal failure.
- Diseases of the pancreas and liver.
- Cardiovascular pathologists.
With menstruation or elevated body temperature, exacerbation of chronic diseases, it is necessary to transfer the procedure to another time.
Mesodissolution is an injection procedure used to break down fat cells and reduce the orange peel on the skin. It is carried out exclusively by using special drugs – lipolytics, which are introduced under the skin, into fatty tissue to a depth of 13 mm. It is also characterized by the presence of a contraindication and a number of complications.