One of the most popular cosmetic procedures carried out in order to increase skin elasticity and fight against cellulite is parafango. The technique got its name from a unique mixture of the same name, consisting of paraffin, marine healing mud and algae. This composition is used to carry out the procedure in the form of medical applications and baths, it has almost no contraindications, it is highly effective, it contributes to the general relaxation of the body and even mood improvement.
The history of the methodology
For the first time, a mixture called parafango began to be used in Germany. Used it mainly for therapeutic purposes in diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In addition to the pronounced therapeutic effect, medical workers noted a positive cosmetic effect.
The procedure began to be actively practiced in beauty salons and cosmetology centers, as one of the areas of spa therapy and quickly received positive reviews from patients around the world.
Indications and Expected Results
Parafango is a universal procedure and is suitable for the care of the skin of the thighs, buttocks, abdomen, as well as arms and legs. Indications for its implementation are the following aesthetic and physical defects:
- Cellulitis (prevention and treatment).
- Local body fat (correction of the volume of problem areas).
- Flabbiness and sagging skin, its low level of elasticity.
- Dry skin of the hands and feet, the presence of cracks, corns, corns.
Positive changes can be assessed after the first procedure. The skin becomes moisturized, more toned, the volume of problem areas is reduced by 1 – 2 centimeters.
Maximum results appear only after a full course consisting of 8 – 15 sessions, carried out approximately 2 – 3 times per week. They consist in increasing the elasticity of the skin, stimulating the breakdown of fatty deposits, accelerated skin regeneration, and a general relaxing and calming effect.
The composition of parafango and its principle of action
Parafango consists of three main components, each of which is designed to ensure the achievement of positive results:
- Refined paraffin. Used to create a film on the skin. Due to the temperature in 50 – 55 degrees, it slightly heats problem areas, enhancing local processes of blood circulation, metabolism and sweating. It removes toxins to the surface and helps reduce puffiness. As it hardens, paraffin decreases in size and puts pressure on soft tissues and skin, contributing to their tightening. In addition, it contributes to the expansion of pores and the optimal absorption of useful elements added to the composition used.
- Sea mud. Consists of the remains of algae, silt, plankton. Contains useful components that nourish and moisturize the skin, enhancing cell regeneration.
- Seaweed. As a rule, two types of algae are used for parafango: kelp and bubbly fucus. Their benefit to the human body is explained by a large amount of fatty acids, vitamins, iodine and a number of other trace elements. Such components determine the normalization of metabolism, enhanced fat breakdown.
Methods of Use
The parafango procedure can be carried out in several ways, depending on the task set for the cosmetologist. So, it is customary to distinguish:
- Applications. Application of the composition to the skin in several layers without the use of additional devices. Used for medicinal purposes to reduce the manifestations of diseases.
- Body wrap. Application of the composition to the skin in several layers under a food film and an element that fixes heat. It is used to reduce body fat and fight cellulite.
- Baths. Application of the composition to the skin by immersion. It is used to care for the skin of the hands and feet.
If you decide to carry out the procedure at home, first of all, take care of the purchase of the finished parafango mixture. Like hot cosmetic paraffin, it must be prepared in advance, that is, melt. To do this, you can choose one of the methods proposed below:
- Special device for paraffin baths.
- Water bath.
- Oven (with a fixed temperature up to 70 degrees).
- Microwave (in defrost mode).
The mixture for wrapping can not only be purchased, but also prepared independently. To do this, you need three of its main components, all of them can be found in a regular pharmacy.
First of all, it is necessary to melt the paraffin and bring it to a liquid, but viscous state (approximate temperature of the composition 50 – 55 degrees), then add crushed mud and algae to the resulting mass. Do not forget to mix the mixture so that it has a uniform consistency.
A parafango session lasts about 60 – 90 minutes and involves not only a healing wrap, but also the implementation of a whole range of auxiliary measures that contribute to enhancing the positive effect. So, the procedure consists of the following steps:
- Peeling. It is carried out to eliminate impurities and dead cells using scrubs or home cosmetics with natural, abrasive particles (for example, sea salt).
- Application of auxiliary materials. In the case of severe defects, before applying to the skin of the treatment mixture, it is customary to use auxiliary products, anti-cellulite or nourishing creams.
- Application and endurance of a medical mask. It is carried out with a brush and in several layers. After applying the mask, the problem areas of the body are tightly wrapped with a film and a warm towel (bedspread). Exposure time – at least 30 minutes (maximum up to 1.5 hours, you need to focus on your own feelings).
- The final stage. The mask is removed manually and does not require rinsing with water. A moisturizing or nourishing cream is applied to clean skin to consolidate the result.
The parafango procedure has a lot of contraindications to conduct. Before the session, the cosmetologist must notify the patient that the effect is not recommended in the following cases:
- Chronic diseases of the heart, liver and kidneys.
- Violations of the integrity of the skin.
- High blood pressure.
- Dermatological and fungal skin lesions at the intended site of exposure.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
- Gynecological diseases (including those not in the active stage).
In addition, procedures of this kind are strictly prohibited for allergies or individual intolerance to the components of the composition.
Parafango is a cosmetic procedure, the meaning of which is to apply medical applications to the skin, consisting of a mixture of seaweed, mud and cosmetic, refined paraffin. They are used to eliminate cellulite, moisturize and nourish the skin, fight ptosis and correct the contours of individual parts of the body. Positive changes are achieved due to vitamins in the mixture and the thermal effect it produces.