Acid peeling allows women to look perfect. This type of cosmetic procedure is considered one of the most popular and priority in preserving the beauty and youth of the face. Concentrated acids are used for peeling. They mercilessly eliminate dead cells and sebaceous plugs, fight acne and smooth wrinkles, scars on the face.
The specifics of acid cleansing
Over the years, our skin loses its ability to cope with age-related changes on its own, becomes flabby and wrinkles appear. And if you look inside it, you can see an excess of dead, non-working cells. They interfere with the normal functioning of other cells, form keratinized layers that block the respiration of the skin and the filling with nutritional components from cosmetics.
Clogged pores and dead “accumulations” increase skin aging, ptosis and deepening of wrinkles. Peeling with acid will be the best assistant, it will quickly correct the imperfections of the skin, relieve dead particles and activate internal processes. Let’s talk about acid peels in more detail.
Acid facial peeling involves exposure to the skin with concentrated acids. After applying the composition to the face, a controlled chemical burn is obtained. Such an effect causes an active renewal of the integument, replacement of weak, damaged fibers with new ones. After peeling, the face looks refreshed, the tint and relief of the covers are leveled, the skin becomes soft and velvety.
Such procedures should be carried out in late autumn and winter, when solar activity is reduced. The fact is that acid-weakened integuments are prone to hyperpigmentation. There are several acids that are less sensitive to this factor, but the risk of a side effect from this is still high.
Attention! Acid peeling does not end in a beauty parlor. An equally important part for achieving high results is the rehabilitation period. Improper care threatens with residual effects and complications.
Which peeling to choose
Beauty salons offer a wide range of acid peels. Which is better to choose depends on the type of cover and the degree of exposure needed to solve the problem.
In general, all acidic facial peels are divided into 3 types:
- Superficial – ideal for preventing skin problems, normalizing the functioning of cells and sebaceous glands. After the procedure, the face looks fresh, glows with health, small wrinkles disappear and more serious defects are partially smoothed out. Superficial peels do an excellent job with acne, have a therapeutic effect on the problematic type of epidermis at a young age. It is preferable to carry out similar procedures at the age of 25-35 years or as a preparation for more complex cosmetic procedures.
- Median – have a pronounced anti-aging effect, therefore, suitable for women in 35-45 years. After middle peelings, a long rehabilitation period awaits you (up to 2 weeks), complications and side effects are possible. Often after acid exposure, the face is covered with brown crusts, which can not be torn off. It is important to ensure proper care for damaged fibers.
- Deep – the most difficult type of exfoliation for the patient’s skin. The procedure is one-time, and only first-class professionals need to trust it. The slightest hitch, a mistake in the technique of conducting dangerous post-pilgrim scars, prolonged rehabilitation and even ugliness. Deep peeling requires special preparation and quality care during the rehabilitation period. All these efforts will justify the outcome of the procedure: the skin will be toned, soft and supple, like 5 – 10 years ago. Such cleansing is suitable for mature skin, with pronounced wrinkles, scars and scars. As a rule, women after 45 years resort to a similar effect with acid.
When choosing a peeling, the type of epidermis also plays a role. For example, for oily skin, multi-acid peels, salicylic or retinoic acid products are recommended. They stabilize the sebaceous glands, have a drying effect.
If your skin suffers from a lack of moisture, refer to milk peeling. Lactic acid perfectly moisturizes the skin, accelerates the regeneration of integuments and prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
For owners of sensitive skin, peels with glycolic or mandelic acid are useful. These ingredients delicately affect the problem, cause a minimum of side effects.
The demanded acids for face peels: retinoic, glycolic, lactic, almond, salicylic, trichloroacetic and phenolic.
Provide a choice of face peel to a beautician. At the consultation, the specialist will analyze the condition of the integument and offer the best and most effective option. It is difficult to independently predict the effectiveness of the composition chosen to solve your problem.
Acid peeling for the face is part of quality care. Indications for its implementation can serve:
- the appearance of the first wrinkles on the face or a deepening of existing ones;
- noticeable signs of withering of the skin;
- decreased skin tone and turgor;
- the appearance of sagging, lethargy;
- increased dryness of the integument, peeling;
- pigmented and stagnant spots, freckles;
- scars, stretch marks (striae), acne;
- unusual pallor and dull skin;
- excessive fatness of the epidermis, enlarged pores.
Facial peels with acids gently and well remove dead cells, dirt particles and sebaceous plugs, therefore, they are often used as preparation for laser resurfacing, plastic surgery.
Surface exfoliation can be done as a preventative measure after 30 years. They refresh the face and prevent earlier aging of the integument. In addition, there are ready-made peels for home use, they contain less concentrated acids and are practically safe for the client. You only need to adhere to all the recommendations of the manufacturer.
To whom such procedures are contraindicated
Peeling with acids is a pretty strong stress for the skin, so not everyone can do it. Before performing exfoliation, a professional examines the patient, is interested in his health and sensitivity to drugs.
It is better to postpone the procedure if there is at least one of these contraindications:
- fever, SARS, or the flu;
- there are ulcers on the face, rashes of herpes, wounds or any damage. They can cause the spread of infection, the appearance of complications;
- allergy and individual intolerance of the components of the peeling agent;
- inflamed and hypersensitive skin;
- tendency to keloid scars;
- fresh tan;
- recently transferred chemical procedures (chemotherapy, other peels);
- a number of dermatological diseases (atopic dermatitis, psoriasis);
- neoplasms in the face, papilloma;
- chronic diseases, diabetes;
- disorders of the cardiovascular system, emotional disorders.
For deep peelings, the cosmetologist may require additional clinical tests. This is done to minimize the risk of complications after the cosmetic procedure.
It is recommended that patients postpone cleaning with acids during pregnancy, lactation and with hormonal failures, during menstruation. Medium and deep peels are uniquely dangerous for the baby’s health, and after a superficial cleansing, the result can be unpredictable, due to the altered hormonal background.
Please note that deep and medium acid cleanings are carried out only under the guidance of a specialist, in sterile conditions. Carefully approach the choice of clinic and staff, first take an interest in patient reviews.
Stages of the acid procedure
The principle of cleansing the skin with acids implies 2 stages, each of which is important in achieving high, expected results:
- Directly peeling – treatment of the skin with an acid solution in a beauty parlor.
- The rehabilitation period is the process of restoring the integrity of the integument and the rejection of damaged fibers.
We do peeling
Acid cleansing is a simple but responsible process. It involves the following actions:
- The face is cleaned with a tonic, lotion or gel for washing from dust, makeup residues and particles of fat.
- An even layer of acid is distributed over the surface of the face. This is done quickly to ensure a smooth effect. The one exception is phenolic peeling. In it, rush can lead to intoxication of the body.
- After a while, it all depends on the concentration of the composition, type of integument and other factors, the acid effect is neutralized by a special agent.
- The remnants of the drug used are washed off with water.
- In most cases, a moisturizing and soothing mask of natural ingredients is applied to the face.
- In conclusion, the beautician treats the skin with a cream with high SPF (sun protection factor).
Before carrying out a cleansing procedure, an allergic reaction test is performed. To do this, part of the drug is applied to the wrist, the area behind the ear or on the inner fold of the elbow. After a while, the patient is examined for irritation and unacceptable allergic reactions.
For home procedures, use special cosmetic products containing acids of lower concentration. Before cleaning, carefully read the instructions for use of the product and consult with a cosmetologist if possible.
Carry out acid peeling courses. In this case, the effect will be pronounced and lasting. The number of procedures and the interval between them is determined by the cosmetologist based on the individual characteristics of the patient.
Almost all acidic peels are accompanied by severe peeling, facial redness, and swelling in the eye area. After peeling, the cosmetologist acquaints the patient about possible complications and precautions.
Post-peeling care involves following these recommendations:
- You can not contact the damaged skin with water for the first day.
- Use natural cosmetics, without aggressive chemicals, perfumes, parabens and preservatives.
- In the early days, cosmetologists, as a rule, recommend the use of therapeutic wound healing ointments (panthenol, bepanten and others). Later, compounds with hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, aloe extract and other natural additives are included in the care.
- Within a month after peeling with acids, the skin should not be exposed to direct sunlight, and sunblocks with maximum protection against ultraviolet radiation should also be used for a long time.
- It is unacceptable to visit baths, saunas, swimming pools until the covers are completely restored, eat spicy foods and alcoholic beverages, and engage in active sports.
To look perfect at any age, you can not do without cosmetology. Modern cleansing techniques will help to correct possible violations, increase the activity of cosmetics used. Acid peeling will help you with this!