Home peeling is suitable for most owners of problem skin. Regular and properly selected exfoliation solves the problem of acne, blackheads and painful inflammation in an 2-3 session. But for oily skin, it is necessary to repeat the peeling course at least three times a year. Such a frequency of salon procedures for some women is too costly and makes a significant gap in the budget. However, there are cheap and affordable analogues of professional dry cleaning, scrubbing and gommazh. We will explain how to treat problem skin with improvised means and prepare peeling compositions at home.
The benefits of peeling for problem skin
The problem of so-called teenage skin can bother a woman even after she has crossed the threshold of a young age. Clogged and inflamed pores, painful pustules, increased secretion of skin sebum, greasiness and friability of the skin from 18 years smoothly flow into 25, and sometimes in 30, creating a lot of young lady psychological complexes.
To eliminate the progressive defects of problem skin, some girls are taken with the help of “grandmother” herbal decoctions of chamomile or calendula, complex cosmetic lotions and cleansers with salicylic acid, drying masks based on kaolin or zinc. But cosmetologists agree that amateur and decorative ways to care for inflammation are significantly inferior to professional peels for problem skin.
You can prevent the appearance of acne or pimples only if you regularly and thoroughly cleanse the skin from dead particles of the epidermis, the remains of the secretion of the sebaceous glands and ingrown hairs. Contaminants not visible to the eye accumulate on the surface of the skin or inside the stretched pores. Such a “microclimate” becomes an ideal breeding ground for the spread of bacteria and the development of subcutaneous parasites. The products of their livelihoods along with dirt make the complexion dull, causing inflammation and suppuration.
Cosmetic care products give temporary results. Long-term cleansing is achieved only through chemical or mechanical peels that dissolve or polish the keratinized epithelium along with all pathogenic microflora, dirt and defects. Peelings help to keep the skin clean, treat inflammations and increase its immunity. With problematic facial skin, only proper exfoliation will prevent acne and provide a lasting aesthetic effect.
Oily skin and lack of proper care leads to the formation of comedones, subcutaneous inflammation and pustules of various sizes (acne). Sometimes rashes can look like small pimples, redness or whiteheads, which can be caused by internal diseases.
Causes of acne and inflammation
Before you get confused with the selection of peeling for treating problem skin, you need to find out the cause of aesthetic anxiety and inflammation. After all, comedones or miliums can lead to an elementary violation of hygiene rules, and boils, most likely, will be signs of gastrointestinal ailments or metabolic disorders.
Problem acne and inflammation on the face can provoke:
- hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands and excessive secretion of skin sebum;
- the use of expired or inappropriate cosmetics, especially powder, foundation or BB cream;
- the abundance in the daily diet of sweet, spicy or pickled dishes and products;
- violation of hygiene rules (for example, the habit of falling asleep or training with makeup on the face);
- allergic to external irritants (e.g. pollen, wool, nuts or honey);
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- the presence of parasites in the liver;
- metabolic disturbances;
- demodecosis – infection by a subcutaneous tick;
- hormonal failure, especially on the eve or immediately after menstruation.
Some causes of inflammation and skin rashes are temporary. In order to get rid of their consequences, sometimes it’s enough to change habits or, on the contrary, accustom yourself to the regular performance of special peels. If appearance defects become symptoms of serious illness or allergies, peeling procedures will be few, and the problem will have to be addressed in a comprehensive manner.
Exfoliation options for rashes
Choosing the right peeling for oily skin depends on the number and size of inflammatory rashes. If pimples are pale pink or flesh-colored, not purulent and do not cause severe pain when touched, both chemical and physical exfoliation are suitable. The only condition for such peelings will be their softness and a short rehabilitation period.
If the problem of acne has become serious, acne covers not only the T-zone, but also most of the skin, affecting the neck and temples, and pimples quickly fester, mechanical peels with particles of abrasives will be prohibited. Such inflamed skin will help only superficial acid or enzyme peels, as well as light gommazhi with soft particles. Hard crystals of scrubs or brushing (peeling with brushes) can scratch already damaged skin and provoke an instant spread of infection.
For problematic facial skin, cosmetologists recommend only superficial or median peels. Deep peels for skin prone to inflammation are prohibited. Exfoliation of medium depth is prescribed only during periods of remission of dermatological diseases: for mild acne, increased greasy skin, enlarged and clogged pores, “white” acne (milia), and friability of the skin after acne.
Superficial peels, especially multi-acid or enzymatic, can be performed even with acne – blockage and inflammation of the hair follicles. The type of surface peeling should be selected by a cosmetologist depending on the cause of aesthetic concerns.
A slight exfoliation of the keratinized epidermis with superficial peels is enough to help the pores cleanse and “breathe”. Within 5 – 7 days, the skin is completely freed from plugs from sebum and ingrown microwaxes.
Home surface peeling for oily skin can be based on retinoic or fruit acids. The first option, supplemented with almond oil, is suitable for heavy rashes – retinol helps to dry and disinfect problem areas. Fruit or multifruit peelings will help to cope with painful inflammations and bright acne.
Home peels for inflammation-prone skin also have limitations. Peeling of problem areas is forbidden to carry out during periods of exacerbation of the herpes virus and the appearance of ulcers, with individual intolerance to the components of the peeling compositions, in the presence of abrasions, burns or microcracks on the skin, as well as during pregnancy.
Cooking antiseptics at home
In order to save money on regular skin care procedures for problematic skin, you can prepare peeling at home every week. The components for natural peeling mixtures are within walking distance: over-the-counter acid solutions are sold in pharmacies, fruits, cereals and dairy products in supermarkets. Hand-made peels, in addition to affordable cost, have another important advantage. Such a cleansing is not able to cause harm to the skin and cause even more inflammation.
Milk peeling with soda
To perform peeling, prepare:
- 1 a glass of milk of at least 2,5% fat;
- 50 gr. gelatin;
- baking soda;
- Laundry soap or baby soap without additives.
- Dissolve gelatin in milk in the ratio of 1 to 3;
- Heat the resulting mixture in a “water bath” to a jelly-like consistency;
- Steam the skin;
- Apply peeling mixture to the face and wait for it to dry completely;
- Carefully remove the resulting film;
- Mix soda and soap foam in a separate container;
- Apply the obtained peeling agent to the skin of the face;
- After 20 minutes, wash with warm water;
- Moisturize or disinfect the skin with a special cream or lotion.
Rolling Peeling with Calcium Chloride
For peeling you will need:
- 1 ampoule of calcium chloride solution;
- solid soap for babies.
- Carefully perform make-up remover;
- Using a cotton pad, wipe the face with a solution of calcium chloride;
- About 3 – 5 minutes, wait for the first layer to dry;
- We repeat the application of the drug 4 – 5 times, drying each new layer;
- We lather finger pads with baby soap;
- In a circular motion, we rub the soap solution into the skin of the face, moving along the massage lines;
- Carefully roll up the formed particles;
- We wash ourselves with cool water;
- Apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream to the skin.
Rice peeling with cottage cheese
Prepare a peeling product from simple ingredients:
- 1 tsp rice groats;
- 2 Art. l grain curd of at least 3,5 fat content;
- ½ tsp olive oil.
- In a coffee grinder, grind rice groats to a powder consistency;
- Mix rice powder with cottage cheese;
- Add olive oil to the resulting peeling mass;
- The resulting gruel is applied to the skin;
- Leave on face for 15 – 20 minutes;
- We remove the remnants of the peeling mixture with warm water;
- Moisturize the skin with cream or mask.
To prepare a peeling product you will need:
- ½ tbsp l body powder;
- ½ cup of pure water.
- We cleanse the face of the remnants of cream and makeup;
- We dilute the powder of bodyagi with water to the consistency of sour cream;
- The resulting peeling mixture is applied to the face;
- Leave for exposure for 10 – 15 minutes;
- We wash ourselves with cool water, pat our face with a paper towel;
- Apply the moisturizer.
Natural peels based on natural ingredients should be a must-have tool for problem skin. Such peelings significantly save the budget and reduce the number of pimples or black spots. However, performing home peeling procedures, you need to be careful and carefully monitor that the infection does not spread to the neck or décolleté. To do this, during the peeling, observe the sterility of the procedure, and on the eve of exfoliation, consult with a specialist about the ingredients of the composition that are suitable for you.