Restructuring of the body after childbirth, lack of sleep and a strict diet are not reflected in the best way on the skin, so a great desire to do peeling during breastfeeding (HB) and a share of doubts about its harmlessness for the baby torment every second young mother. Even going to the beautician does not always work out to answer all the questions unambiguously. What peeling to choose to be useful and as safe as possible for the baby?
Coercive measure or postpartum depression
The appearance of the baby is the greatest joy for the mother, but clogged pores, the appearance of an extensive rash, ulcers on the face can darken the minutes of oblivion. What can provoke such troubles?
- A special hormonal background is the main culprit of skin imperfections. Pregnancy and lactation cause numerous changes in the body. Only from the rearrangement of hormones can mom have serious skin problems, it becomes oily, pores instantly clog, and a lot of inflamed acne, ulcers appear;
- A strict diet – the diet of a nursing mother before the introduction of complementary foods (about 4 – 5 months) is very limited. Food, scarce on vitamins and mineral components, weakens immunity, protects skin cells, slows down their functioning;
- Important micronutrients also leave the woman’s body with milk, so their insufficient intake from food products for the skin is doubly “painful”;
- Permanent lack of sleep, imperfection of the figure after childbirth cause nervous tension and depression. Nursing mother begins to notice the slightest defects on the skin – and is even more upset.
Beauticians advise new mothers not to give up and not to wait for the completion of breastfeeding. Skin problems must be dealt with without delay. Of course, nothing can be done with hormones, but issues with a lack of vitamins, mineral components and clogged pores are resolved by proper skin care and regular cleansing.
Facial peeling during breastfeeding is not a whim of a nervous mother, but part of the mandatory skin care. The main thing is to properly organize it so as not to harm the baby. You do not need to store skin problems before the end of lactation, because it will be very difficult to fix them later.
What beauty salons offer
For most peelings, breastfeeding is a contraindication, we will not consider them. We will focus on peeling that is safe for the baby:
- Ultrasonic skin cleansing – refers to gentle hardware peeling techniques. Ultrasound gently acts on the skin, destroys dead cells and sebaceous plugs, normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands and stimulates the metabolism in cells. Peeling is painless, but some discomfort may still be present. The peeling procedure is quite popular, but ineffective according to reviews of nursing mothers;
- Glycolic peeling – delicately affects the skin, eliminates the problem of excessive oiliness, cleanses the pores and smoothes the relief of the face. Glycolic acid peeling takes place without pain, and the result will please a few days after the procedure.
- Almond peeling is an option of acid peeling for the face, which can also be used with breastfeeding. Mandelic acid has high cleansing, bactericidal and antioxidant effects. Peeling with this acid provides a narrowing of the pores and an increase in the immunity of cells, affects problem rashes and increases the elasticity of the fibers. For a young mother, such a peeling will be a real find;
- Pyruvic peeling – the procedure refers to a series of acid peels. The procedure seems to be created for nursing mothers. The fact is that many women during pregnancy and after childbirth complain of extensive rashes on the face. Pyruvic acid has a high therapeutic effect, therefore it is often used to treat problem acne and acne;
- Milk peeling is a favorite of cosmetic procedures in women during lactation. Lactic acid helps to cope with dryness and age-related defects. It gently affects problem areas, cleanses the skin and pores from dirt particles, which prevent it from breathing fully and absorbing the beneficial components from makeup products. Part of the lactic acid is already contained in the cells of the epidermis, so the risk of an allergic reaction, complications and all kinds of troubles after peeling is minimized;
- Mechanical cleaning – the procedure can be used for breastfeeding. However, nursing mothers should consider peeling is harmless, but painful and with long rehabilitation.
Beauticians say that acid peeling during lactation can be done, but only superficial and exclusively under the guidance of a professional in the salon. With a deep effect on the skin, acid can enter the bloodstream and be passed to the baby with milk, so such peels should be avoided.
A safe alternative to salon treatments
For nursing mothers, folk beauty recipes will be useful. Expect a striking effect from them is not worth it, and prepare for painstaking work. Similar procedures must be carried out regularly.
Note that if you are allergic to one ingredient from a prescription, then you can not use it. Try to replace it with another product with similar properties or use a different composition.
We offer nursing mothers a favorite homemade cosmetology recipe for all skin types.
Sugar & Sour Cream Scrub
Home scrub from sugar and sour cream will help get rid of keratinized layers. Sugar is used as an abrasive, and sour cream softens its effect, moisturizes and nourishes the skin with useful trace elements.
Ingredients for peeling:
- 1 Art. l granulated sugar;
- 1 st. l. sour cream.
- Mix the ingredients until smooth.
- Cleanse your face with a special gel or milk.
- For greater effectiveness, it is recommended to steam the skin.
- Apply the prepared scrub without touching the area near the eyes.
- Massage your skin with your fingertips, pay special attention to problem areas.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the peeling agent with warm water or a herbal decoction.
- Apply moisturizing cream.
Before using a new ingredient or unfamiliar peeling formula, perform an allergy test.
Parting words from cosmetologists
In order for the peeling procedure for hepatitis B to not harm the baby, it is important to listen to the advice of cosmetologists:
- Performing acid peeling at home is unacceptable;
- Before any peelings consult a beautician;
- The hormonal background of a nursing woman is slightly changed, therefore, peels do not always have the desired result. There were cases when the effect was zero, and the skin reacted very sensitively to chemical compounds, unexpectedly unpleasant consequences appeared;
- Before any peeling procedure, do an allergy test. Internal changes in the body of a woman can cause an allergic reaction to the drug, which was previously perceived without comment;
- Do not trust peeling to lay people;
- Strictly refer to the requirements of facial after peeling, the success of the procedure depends on this;
- Do not delay in solving the problem, wait for the end of lactation and accumulate problems – an unsuccessful exit. For any questions, contact your doctor.
A pregnant and lactating woman in a hurry to always look beautiful. All the emotions of the mother are transmitted to the baby, so do not upset him with your worries about the rash or unaesthetic oily sheen. Engage in your transformation, but do it wisely!