Peeling and scrub what is the difference and similarity of these two concepts is not known to everyone. Some argue that these are different methods of purification, while others are one and the same. In one, both sides are right: a scrub or peeling positively affects the condition of the skin, improves its breathing and nourishes with useful substances.
Peeling is the process of freeing the skin from the upper stratum corneum. After it, the skin condition improves, it becomes elastic, clean, refreshed. Modern cosmetology is actively developing in this direction, therefore, it is possible for each patient to choose the most convenient, comfortable, effective, taking into account the individual characteristics of the skin from the whole variety of cleansing procedures.
The depth of exposure to peeling can be controlled. The more serious the problem with the skin, the patient is older than the patient, the more layers of skin need to be cleansed. For convenience, cosmetologists divided the peels into main groups:
- Superficial – provide a mild effect, affect only the upper layers of the epidermis (horny and granular);
- Median and superficial median – under the influence of a peeling agent, the entire epidermis enters the capillary dermis;
- Deep – a complex, responsible process, cleansing takes place up to the deep layers, including the reticular dermis. After the procedure, a long rehabilitation period is required, strict monitoring of the condition of the integument.
To remove dead cells, keratinized layers, special compositions and equipment are needed. According to this principle, peels are classified into:
- Chemical – concentrated acids are used to cleanse the skin;
- Enzymatic (enzymatic) – cleansing, normalization of the skin occurs due to enzymes;
- Hardware impact – cosmetologists use laser beams, radio-frequency and ultrasonic waves, high and low temperatures to cleanse;
- Mechanical – a simple type of cleaning, involves the removal of the keratinized layer using abrasives, a kind of polishing of the skin.
Scrub refers to means for soft mechanical peeling. Its composition includes small abrasive particles, which provide a soft and gentle removal of dead cells, dirt particles, which are embedded in the pores of the epidermis.
So, peeling is the removal of dead and non-working cells from the skin. For the purification, various techniques and formulations are used. Scrub refers to one of these products and has a mild effect on the skin.
What is the difference between scrub and peeling
If peeling is considered as a separate cleansing technique (for example, peeling with acids or laser resurfacing), then you will find a lot of differences from scrub. Exfoliation or skin cleansing is very popular in beauty salons, for a better perception of the importance of such procedures, we will consider the differences between peeling and scrub in more detail.
What is the difference between a scrub and a peeling:
- The scrub provides a soft, but only superficial cleansing, and peels affect various layers of the skin, even deep ones;
- After cleansing with a scrub, the skin does not require special care, rehabilitation;
- Facial scrub can not guarantee such a high result as concentrated acids;
- Acid formulations if used improperly lead to serious complications, while home formulations are made from natural ingredients and do not carry a great danger, even if the rules of use are violated;
- Scrubs can be used regularly, and exfoliation is carried out in courses with a certain interval between sessions;
- Scrubs have much fewer contraindications, can be used without fear during pregnancy and lactation;
- A high level of peeling effectiveness is accompanied by a decent price and a sufficient list of contraindications, and it will be necessary to carry out cleansing courses. Scrubs are very accessible to everyone, can be performed weekly without time limits, do not require special training and equipment.
It is difficult to say which peeling or facial scrub is better. For proper and good skin care, it is necessary to use scrubs and peels. These are separate procedures with different capabilities and depth of exposure, but only their competent combination guarantees youth and elasticity of your skin for a long time.
Beautician’s advice: for high-quality, timely skin cleansing, it is not recommended to pin hopes on one peeling technique. Carry out hardware polishing of the facial skin, but in between courses, do a good home cleansing scrub. It has been proven in practice that a combination of procedures guarantees an improved result and does not harm the skin.
The similarity of peeling and scrub
What are very similar scrubs and peels, so this is the main goal in cleansing the skin and contraindications. Of course, scrubs made from natural ingredients do not have such an extensive list of restrictions, but even a few points are enough to harm the epidermis:
- Violations of the integrity of the surface are open wounds, abrasions or cuts;
- Purulent rashes and foci of inflammation – a cleansing procedure can provoke the spread of infection to healthy areas of the skin;
- Herpes, SARS and fever – all the body’s attention is focused on healing, and not on recovery after cleaning;
- An allergic reaction to the composition;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding – if the peeling product contains toxic or chemical substances, a large amount of vitamin A, which can cause a negative reaction of the woman’s body. This is due to the restructuring of the hormonal background;
- Oncology and moles on the face;
- Fresh tanning or recent tattooing can cause inflammation, irritation and infection inside the epidermis;
- Individual characteristics of the body, poor health.
The list of contraindications for median, deep peelings may differ in addition to restrictions, so if you dare to do skin cleansing, be sure to consult a cosmetologist. Perhaps at the moment it’s better to use only scrubs for your skin or radical measures are needed, you can’t do with home remedies alone.
To all of the above, what distinguishes peeling from scrub, I want to add that these are completely different and unequal concepts. Scrub is a homemade cleansing composition that provides soft and timely skin care. But peeling is a more extended concept. Often peeling involves a deeper impact with an expressive final result.