Peeling for the scalp is a chance to accelerate hair growth, improve their health and cope with the problem of dandruff. Beauty salons, professional beauty clinics are ready to offer a wide range of such procedures. You can carry out hair peeling at home. For this, simple and natural ingredients are used.
Tasks and types of head peelings
The lack of vitamins and nutrients, scorching sunlight, poor ecology and aggressive sulfates in the shampoo weaken the hair shaft and follicles, inhibit hair growth and contribute to a number of problems. To correct these unpleasant consequences, peeling for hair will help. More information about peeling of the scalp, why it is needed and how it is carried out correctly at home, we will consider further.
Peeling for the scalp is done in a specialized salon, clinic or at home. Compliance with the rules of cleansing and the concentration of constituent components provides quick restoration and healing of hair, the compositions used soothe itching, and treat dandruff. Effective cleansing and therapeutic effect are the main tasks set for this procedure.
Peelings for hair, depending on the used cleansing technique, are:
- Chemical peels. To clean the scalp, acidic compounds of low concentration are used. Provide the choice of a remedy to a specialist after a detailed examination of the hair and analysis of the complexity of the problems.
- Hardware Impacts This type of cleansing includes ultrasonic, gas-liquid peeling. They are carried out using special equipment. These techniques are distinguished by a high therapeutic effect, soft impact. It is worth noting the high cost of hardware intervention, associated with the high cost of equipment, the need for special staff training.
- Mechanical methods. In this case, scrubs that cleanse masks are used. Their compositions gently and deeply cleanse the skin, fill the hair follicles with vitamins, nutritional components.
When choosing a type of peeling, please note that chemical and hardware cleansing of the scalp is carried out exclusively in specialized institutions, but scrubbing is suitable for home care. In the latter case, it is not necessary to buy ready-made formulations, they will be adequately replaced by folk remedies.
The effect of the procedure
Improvement of the hair after peeling is noticeable immediately. Regular cleansing of the head will ensure a healthy shine, eliminate the appearance of split ends and hair problems, in particular dandruff.
Peeling the scalp contributes to a number of internal and external changes:
- removal of dead cells from the epidermis of the head helps to normalize the respiratory function of the integument;
- after cleansing, the nutrients, vitamins from the care products and masks are absorbed by the cells of the epidermis faster, the follicles are strengthened, from here the hair becomes stronger and healthier, dryness and dandruff disappear;
- peeling is a skin massage that enhances the blood supply to the hair follicles;
- the procedure normalizes the secretion of sebaceous glands, so the problem with high fat content of the hair disappears;
- natural shine, silkiness appears;
- hair is easy to comb and style;
- dry curls are filled with moisture, useful minerals, acids.
The healing effect of peeling is reflected in accelerated hair growth. They become strong and split less.
Contraindications for cleaning
Chemicals for peeling the scalp, hardware methods can not be used:
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- with any damage to the integument in the scalp (wounds, abrasions, inflammation and ulcers);
- the patient has inflammation on the head, various neoplasms;
- with infectious diseases;
- There is an allergy to the composition used and its components.
Do not rush to be upset if any procedure is forbidden to you. Consultation with a beautician will solve your problems. The specialist will recommend an acceptable technique, taking into account individual characteristics.
For pregnant and lactating mothers, you can do scalp exfoliation at home using natural scrubs and masks. These procedures will be beneficial to the hair and safe for the baby’s health.
We do peeling at home
Home peeling of the scalp is an optimal, budgetary and safe option to improve the condition of hair. No need to make an appointment and wait a long time for your turn, spend time visiting beauty salons, you have the opportunity to engage in transformation at any convenient time.
Next, we’ll show you how to peel your scalp using simple, natural ingredients. You can find them in almost every kitchen.
The simplest and most economical method of cleansing the scalp is salt peeling. The procedure will provide deep cleansing, eliminate the problem with oily hair. To prepare the product you will need:
- fine sea salt;
- warm water.
- Take the ingredients in the same amount (2 – 5 tablespoons), taking into account the thickness and length of the curls.
- Mix salt and water, and then gently rub into the scalp.
- Massage for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stay with the product on your hair for another 5 – 10 minutes to fill the cells with minerals.
- Rinse hair thoroughly. Use shampoo for this.
- Dry and lay in the usual way.
We clean oily hair
For problems with oily curls and dandruff, an ideal composition of the following ingredients will be ideal:
- lemon juice;
- 2 Art. l sea or table salt;
- 2 drops of lavender oil extract.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- With light, massaging movements, distribute the mixture over the scalp.
- After 5 – 10 minutes of massage, rinse with water.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Dry your hair.
Before peeling, be sure to check the composition for an allergic reaction. Pre-apply the product on the inner fold of the elbow or on the skin behind the ear. After a while, look at the reaction. Redness, burning warn about the sensitivity of the skin to the composition, replace the recipe with another.
Dry hair scrub
Dry hair is thinner and more demanding on the ingredients. When choosing peels for scalp at home and recipes for them, pay attention to the softness of the effect. Only non-aggressive components are suitable for you, they will not aggravate the situation with dry hair. A great option for peeling this type of curls – a mixture with coffee grounds.
- ground coffee;
- burdock oil:
- warm water.
- Pour ground coffee with boiling water and cover to steam it.
- Add burdock oil and a little water to the thick. The mixture should be as thick as sour cream.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Spread the scrub onto the surface of the head.
- Get a light massage for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse hair thoroughly, for which use shampoo.
7 Home Peeling Tips
High-quality cleansing of the scalp allows you to restore the strength and beauty of curls. How to make head peelings at home correctly, experts will tell:
- Observe the frequency of procedures. Frequent cleansing can have the opposite effect, for example, increasing the dryness and fragility of the strands in return for the expected intensive moisturizing and nutrition.
- Replace regular shampoo with sulfate-free. It has no harmful effect on the scalp. It will also be useful to refuse thermal ironing, hot drying, styling with a hairdryer.
- If you first perform head peelings at home, then learn the recipes and technology of execution, recommendations and instructions in full. If you have any difficulty in cleaning, consult a specialist or take another, simpler recipe. In the future, you will learn how to replace oils with others, to create new compositions for cleansing.
- Scrubs, home-made masks in most cases are applied to slightly moistened curls to prevent them from tangling.
- If you have a dry type of integument, you don’t need to wash your head before cleansing, just moisten it. For oily skin, wash off excess fat with shampoo.
- Keep the funds on the hair for no longer than 20 minutes, then rinse the composition with water and shampoo.
- To consolidate the therapeutic effect, it is recommended to rinse with herbal decoctions.
Frequency of procedures
How often to peel:
- for dry, brittle hair, 1 times in 10 – 14 days are enough;
- For oily hair, cleanse 1 – 2 once a week.
Do not use products identical in composition for a long time, refer to different recipes. The easiest way to achieve variety is to replace the oils in the recipe with others. This will achieve the maximum effect, choose the optimal composition for your type of curls.
Head peeling will provide health, shine and strength to your hair. Regular use of scrubs, natural masks will prevent dandruff, their fragility.