Peeling for men is a procedure that allows you to cleanse the skin of the face and entire body with the help of special cosmetics. Men are increasingly turning to specialists who help in the elimination of various skin defects, contributing to the maintenance of natural beauty.
Features of men’s skin
Men’s skin is very different from women’s skin, this is primarily due to the difference in sex hormones.
Characteristic features of male skin are:
- strength. Men’s skin is on average 20-25% stronger than women’s. It has a rather thick stratum corneum, as well as a large amount of collagen in the epidermis;
- a large number of sebaceous glands. Men are characterized by oily skin, a combination type is rare;
- dark color of the epidermis. Men have more intense blood circulation, so the skin color is much darker;
- resistance to the early appearance of wrinkles. Wrinkles in the stronger sex appear much later than in the weaker sex.
The reasons why men go to a beauty salon to cleanse the epidermis are diverse:
- increased fat content. Men’s skin is characterized by excessive production of subcutaneous fat, which with regular shaving causes some problems. Shaving helps cleanse the face of dead skin cells, but if after the procedure you do not degrease or disinfect the skin, then the sebaceous secret will fall into the resulting wounds, and this will lead to inflammation and irritation of the skin;
- enlarged pores. For some men, the presence of enlarged pores is associated with a genetic predisposition, but in most it is an acquired disadvantage. To eliminate the aesthetic defect, special narrowing pores have been developed that can be used even at home;
- blackheads, scars. The occurrence of acne in men is associated with heredity, gastrointestinal diseases, improper care, etc. Peelings help smooth the surface of the epidermis and get rid of skin defects;
- pigmentation. Brown spots may appear due to prolonged exposure to the sun, stress, various diseases, etc. Medium and deep peels can eliminate age spots.
Men need effective facial cleansing both in case of skin defects and for prevention, because peels nourish the skin with the necessary vitamins, which helps to maintain the health and attractive appearance of the epidermis in the face of environmental pollution and constant stress.
It is important to remember that peels are carried out no more than twice a week. Frequent use can lead to unwanted skin problems.
Types of Peelings
The most common types of peelings for men include:
- chemical peeling. The procedure is carried out using various acids: glycolic, malic, lactic, citric, retinoic, trichloroacetic and others. Acids contribute to the destruction and removal of keratinized epidermal cells. This is an effective tool for young men whose skin is prone to acne. Chemical peels can be very painful, but quite effective;
- mechanical peeling. In this procedure, agents containing abrasive particles are used. The solid granules included in the peeling composition act on the epidermis as a result of friction. This cleansing action eliminates dead skin cells as much as possible. In addition, during the cleaning process, blood circulation is stimulated, which positively affects the condition of the skin, which takes on a fresh and healthy appearance;
- hardware peeling. These are procedures that affect the epidermis with a laser, ultrasound or vacuum. This type of purification is also called physical. Measures with the help of the apparatus are aimed at rejuvenating, increasing tissue tone, removing age spots and effective skin nutrition. The procedure is painless.
The choice of the type of procedure depends on various factors: on the sensitivity of the skin, its type and existing problems. Before cleaning events, consult a specialist.
It must be remembered that a positive result from peeling procedures is achieved through several sessions.
The procedure includes three stages:
- pre-peeling. The preparatory stage is the primary cleansing and degreasing of the epidermis, for example, with a special lotion or tonic;
- actually peeling. A product containing chemical acids (if chemical peeling) or fine abrasive substances (if mechanical peeling) is applied to the skin. If this is a physical peeling, then this or that equipment is used to cleanse the epidermis;
- post-peeling. After the event, the face is again cleaned, for example, warm water is suitable. Then it is necessary to moisturize the epidermis in order to maximize its saturation with useful substances. For this purpose, you can use a moisturizing or nourishing cream.
You should not shave immediately before and after peeling, as the skin after shaving and after peeling is irritated and needs time to soothe.
Peelings at home
Cleansing events can be carried out not only in the salon, but also at home. For the procedures, both ready-made cosmetics and self-prepared formulations based on natural products are used.
For chemical peeling, you can take kefir, apple, strawberries, black currants, lemon or any other product containing acids.
- 2 Art. l kefir;
- 1 tsp. honey;
- 1 egg white.
- Beat the egg white until foamy.
- Add honey and kefir.
- Stir until smooth.
- Apply the mixture on the face in a thick layer.
- Wash off the mask with cool water after 15 minutes.
Light and nutritious composition cleanses and tones the skin, helps to narrow pores.
Washing with kefir is an excellent tool for men, which eliminates excess fat, whitens and helps relieve inflammation. This method of purification can be used daily.
For mechanical cleaning products with small abrasive particles, for example, oatmeal, ground coffee, crushed nuts, sea salt or sugar, are taken.
- 1 / 2 Art. l oatmeal;
- 1 / 2 Art. l starch;
- 1 Art. l cucumber gruel;
- some boiled water.
- Grind a fresh cucumber on a coarse grater.
- Grind oatmeal.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Apply the mixture.
- Massage your face for five minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
Regular use of cucumber-oatmeal composition helps to lighten, heal and moisturize the skin. In addition, excessive shine disappears and wrinkles are smoothed out.
After home procedures, it is necessary to apply a cream to effectively moisturize and nourish the skin.
Peelings for men are aimed at improving the condition of the skin, as well as solving many cosmetic problems. Procedures effectively cleanse the sebaceous glands from excess sebum and dirt, narrow pores, eliminate pigmentation and post-acne, and, of course, heal the skin!