After peeling with acids, many clients of beauty salons expect to instantly see delicate, velvety skin, freshness and healthy radiance, but in return they get a red face and active peeling of the skin. How to properly care for your face after chemical peeling to achieve the desired result as quickly as possible? What should and cannot be done during a recovery period difficult for the skin?
What happens to the skin after peeling
Chemical peeling is a serious stress for the skin. During the procedure, a concentrated chemical compound is applied to the face, which leads to an extensive burn of soft tissues. The higher the concentration of the product used and the longer the time it affects the skin, the stronger the burn and the more layers of the epidermis are damaged.
After peeling, an important stage awaits the skin – restoration. The fibers damaged by chemical compositions die off, in their place new, elastic and elastic ones appear. Outwardly, this does not look the most pleasant way: the skin begins to actively peel off, peel off, as if you were burned in the sun. In addition, for some time the face remains red, inflamed.
To make the process of post-peeling rehabilitation as smooth as possible, without complications, cosmetologists recommend adhering to certain rules in skin care after chemical peeling, and use special cosmetics. Only fully observing these requirements will you achieve maximum success and the desired results.
Features of post-peeling care
After surface cleansing
Superficial peels are considered the easiest for the skin, after which the integument is quickly restored, and the risk of complications is minimal. Regular surface cleansing eliminates minor skin problems, prevents the appearance of wrinkles and other age-related imperfections.
Some procedures are used for medicinal purposes. For example, after salicylic peeling, problem acne is dried, inflammatory processes inside the epidermis are reduced, which leads to a noticeable improvement in problematic skin type and a reduction in cases of acne in the future. But keep in mind that for owners of dry and sensitive skin, salicylate may not work.
Before performing cleansing, be sure to consult a beautician. His recommendations in choosing a procedure will allow him to correct existing imperfections on his face without worsening the situation.
Rehabilitation after superficial exfoliation lasts 7 – 10 days. Let us consider in more detail what processes occur with the skin after such peelings:
- The first 24 hours after the procedure – the face is red, later there is a feeling of tightness, as if a cling film was applied to the skin. This is a normal reaction to an acid effect. On 1 – 2 day, exclude contact with water.
- 2 – 3 day – active peeling of the skin appears. Starting from the second day, use wound healing ointments (for example, Panthenol). It is necessary to apply funds 4-5 once a day to accelerate the regeneration of the epidermis and alleviate its condition. Do not peel off exfoliated skin films, this can lead to wounds and, accordingly, there is a high risk of infection. As a rule, after such actions there are scars that look unaesthetic. For washing, you can already use tonics and gels that do not contain abrasive particles.
- Active peeling after surface cleansing lasts 3 – 4 days. At this time, cosmetologists advise using special hypoallergenic cosmetics, devoid of chemical additives, fragrances that could harm the weakened epidermal fibers.
- In addition to the care products, it is very important to use sunscreen during the rehabilitation period. Please note that the protective function of the skin after peeling is noticeably weakened, and scorching sunlight can provoke skin pigmentation and even lead to burns.
Facial care after superficial and other types of cleansing includes a number of general, binding recommendations, we will talk about them later.
After the middle peeling
Of the medium acid facial cleansers, exfoliation with trichloroacetic acid or TCA peeling is especially popular. The procedure for this procedure is identical to the surface exposure to acid, the only difference is in the concentration of the chemical ingredient. In median cleansing, all layers of the epidermis to the basement membrane are involved.
After TCA peeling, the face relief is smoothed out, average wrinkles and scars are corrected, the skin acquires lost elasticity and firmness.
The rehabilitation period after TCA peeling can last up to several weeks. It is worth noting that there is a rather high risk of complications in violation of the cleansing procedure and with improper post-peeling care. Therefore, conducting TCA face peeling at home is dangerous unpleasant consequences.
Facial skin care after median TCA peeling can conditionally be divided into several stages:
- 48 hours after exfoliation – contact with water is strictly forbidden. The first time you can wash only on 2 – 3 days.
- During the procedure, fairly deep layers of the skin are involved, so in most cases in sensitive areas on the face there is a slight swelling, the face is red, inflamed. If we talk about the normal course of rehabilitation after a facial peeling, these side effects will go away on their own. If you notice unusual changes with the skin, immediately contact a specialist for help.
- After the median TCA peeling, you can use only special cosmetics recommended by the cosmetologist. Panthenol can be used to speed up regeneration. It is necessary to apply the product up to 8 once a day with a thick layer, and after 20 minutes the remaining product can be soaked with a paper towel. Often Panthenol nibbles – this is normal. After the procedure, the sensitivity of the integument increases, which leads to a similar reaction to the active effect of the drug.
- The first peeling on the face can be noticed a day after the procedure. The sagging skin cannot be torn off, it can only be carefully cut with scissors. On average, the skin after peeling TCA peels 1 – 1,5 weeks.
- For half a year after the last cleaning, apply sunscreen on your face even if it is raining or snowing outside, overcast and gloomy.
Skin care after the middle type of cleansing includes only high-quality cosmetic products, so be prepared to waste money on buying special cosmetics.
After deep cleaning
The main representative of deep chemical cleansing of the skin is phenolic peeling. This is a complex and responsible procedure, which is carried out only in clinical, sterile conditions. During cleaning, the deep layers of the skin to the papillary are involved, which is why the procedure and recovery period are so painful.
Phenol is a dangerous substance, the improper use of which is even fatal. For the skin, phenolic peeling is a lot of stress, it can partially be smoothed out with high-quality pre-peeling preparation and skin care after exfoliation.
Features in the care of integuments after phenolic exposure include:
- During 2 – 4 days after the procedure, you can’t wash yourself, you even need to drink through a tube.
- Phenol exfoliation is performed only in adulthood. This is a one-time procedure, rehabilitation after which can take several months.
- The slightest mistake and violation during the procedure or in leaving after it will turn into serious problems. Accordingly, approach the procedure as scrupulously as possible!
- In addition to special cosmetics, antiviral drugs and vitamins are included in post-peeling care. This will strengthen the body, accelerate recovery and restoration of the integument, and also prevent the occurrence of complications in the future.
- The skin after exfoliation with phenol will necessarily darken – this is an acceptable reaction. A side effect will pass on its own and will not affect the result.
- Get ready for the long-term use of special cosmetics, but put off the usual face care products.
- After phenolic peeling, sunscreens are applied continuously.
If all recommendations are followed, your final result is minus 10 – 15 years. Is it possible to take risks for such an effect – you decide, but it is important to note that the final result is comparable only with plastic surgery.
General recommendations from cosmetologists
In order to mitigate the negative impact of external environmental factors, as well as not to delay the rehabilitation process, beauticians strongly recommend listening to their advice. First of all, they relate to such moments:
- It is impossible to paint, use tonalnik, powder until the skin is completely restored after chemical peeling. Firstly, you can bring an infection, and secondly, particles of makeup and foundation will clog pores, give the person a groomed look.
- Going to the sauna, bathhouse, playing sports and performing increased physical activity after peeling is unacceptable and harmful. All these actions lead to fever and copious sweat particles, which are considered excellent carriers of infections. Plus, the expansion of blood vessels will delay the passage of redness of the face. For the same reason, you will have to postpone fitness, drinking alcohol, spicy and spicy food.
- Do not wash your face in the first days after the procedure, even with plain water.
- Before the end of the rehabilitation period, use the line of funds recommended by a specialist. Such products have a useful composition, high moisturizing effect and do not irritate the integument.
- At the slightest suspicion of deterioration of the skin after a peeling procedure, you need to go to a specialist. Self-medication is dangerous to the health of the client!
- Dry cleanings are characterized by pronounced peeling of the integument. How many days this side effect lasts depends on the type of cleansing. However, in any case, it is forbidden to peel the resulting film, the crust. This will not accelerate the recovery process, but only lead to the appearance of scars.
- Lotions, gels, cream after peeling should not contain abrasive particles and acids, you will damage the already burnt fibers with them.
- Try not to touch the surface of the face with your hands, do not go into the pool until the epidermis is completely restored so that the infection does not get inside.
Do not ignore the instructions of the cosmetologist, carefully study the rules of face care after the procedure to reduce the risk of post-peeling complications and enjoy smooth, clean and radiant skin health faster. Only with this understanding will you achieve the perfection of the covering without the hassle and worries.