What is more effective: yellow peeling or TCA, almond or glycolic? How not to make a mistake in choosing a cleansing technique? Only an experienced cosmetologist can answer these important questions. The condition and type of skin of the patient, the presence of indications and contraindications, age – all these factors affect the choice of a cosmetic procedure.
Choose a surface peeling
Almond or glycol
Glycolic and almond peels are superficial cleansing methods. With their help, you can easily get rid of keratinized deposits, eliminate the foci of acne, and also prevent its occurrence in the future, improve the quality of the epidermis, correct shallow irregularities on the face and give the skin a natural glow. Let us consider in more detail the features, the subtleties of using each peeling.
Glycol peeling is a gentle and safe type of cleansing. As the active ingredient, concentrated glycolic acid is used. The molecules of the exfoliant are very small, so the composition easily penetrates deep into the integument, where it immediately acts. The procedure is applicable for all skin types and ages starting from 15 years. With proper use, glycolic acid does not cause complications and disorders in the patient’s health.
The main component of glycolic acid exfoliation has a pronounced exfoliating effect, relieves inflammation and has an antibacterial effect, stimulates the synthesis of its own collagen, and eliminates comedones. After the procedure, patients note a smooth skin texture, a healthy glow and even shade. Glycolic acid is also used to combat acne and acne.
Almond peeling also refers to superficial, delicate types of cosmetic procedures for the face. He is not picky about the type of cover, the age of the client. Mandelic acid – the main active ingredient, has anti-inflammatory, exfoliating effect, promotes neocollagenesis of the skin, stabilizes the sebaceous glands. After almond cleansing, there are practically no complications or problems with the patient’s health, so the procedure is very popular.
Unlike glycolic peeling, almond peeling can be carried out both in the cold season, when solar activity is slightly reduced, and in the summer. This is a significant plus of this kind of cosmetic services. The almond ingredient also has a negative point: the molecule of mandelic acid is larger than glycolic acid, therefore it penetrates deeper into the integument more slowly, and later it affects the problem.
When choosing a method of cleansing, follow the opinion of a specialist. A detailed examination and analysis of the condition of the integument will finally determine which peeling is best used in a particular case.
In some cases, it is very difficult to choose between two procedures. That is why cosmetic companies went forward by creating almond-glycol and almond-milk products. They combined several acids with each other, thereby expanding the possibilities of the exfoliant.
Dairy or salicylic
Milk and salicylic peels differ significantly in the mechanism of action, so the choice in this case is easier to predict.
Milk peeling is carried out using lactanoic (lactic) acid. The active component is well known to the cells of the epidermis, therefore it does not cause rejection, rarely accompanied by the development of complications.
Facial milk peeling simultaneously acts in several directions:
- gently, painlessly cleans pores, eliminates dead cells and seals (hyperkeratosis);
- intensively moisturizes the integument;
- starts active neocollagenesis inside the integument, guarantees a pronounced anti-aging effect;
- possesses high antioxidant properties, reduces the activity of free radicals and their negative effect on healthy epidermal cells.
You can exfoliate with lactic acid at any age, without restrictions on the type of integument. The composition for cleaning is so harmoniously perceived by the integument that it practically does not cause irritation.
Salicylic peeling refers to more stringent methods of exposure to integuments. This is the exact opposite of milk peeling. Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxide acid with a pronounced drying, anti-inflammatory effect. The procedure is ideal for owners of problematic and oily type of integument, but for dry skin it can even harm.
After peeling with salicylic acid, patients note a reduction in acne foci, a decrease in inflammatory processes, and instead of a greasy sheen, a slight blush appears.
To choose between milk and salicylic peeling, it is enough to weigh the goals. The first option is used more to combat early aging, dryness of the integument, and the second is ideally used to treat skin problems, against excessive oiliness, greasy shine on the face.
Which median peeling is better?
Median peels affect the entire epidermis, somewhat painful, but guarantee a more noticeable result. Yellow peeling or TCA are considered popular among a huge assortment of cleansing techniques. Which of them is more effective against skin problems, we will try to figure it out after a detailed analysis of both procedures.
Retinoic or yellow face peeling is a worthy fighter against aging of integuments, a dull, unhealthy skin tone. As the main active ingredient, retinoic acid (retinol) is used. Cosmetology considers yellow peeling as one of the most delicate, despite the deep impact. The rehabilitation period proceeds calmly and quickly, in most cases without complications, unpleasant consequences.
Retinoic acid exfoliation has a wide range of indications. These include:
- slowing down the production of natural collagen, which leads to rapid withering of the integument, the manifestation of age-related changes on the face;
- skin pigmentation, grayness and dullness of the shade;
- a problem with dryness or oily integument;
- acne, frequent acne, seborrhea;
- uneven relief of the face surface (wrinkles, acne, scars, etc.);
- photoaging of the skin;
- the need for high-quality cleansing of pores, comedones, black spots.
Retinoic peeling is somewhat different in execution technique. The patient leaves the beauty salon or beauty parlor, with a peeling composition applied to his face, washes it off on his own, at home.
The procedure is suitable for year-round use, but still retinoic cleaning is best done in the period from late autumn to early spring.
TCA peeling is another option for median cleansing. The impact on problem areas of the face is carried out using trichloroacetic acid. It reduces inflammation in the skin, dries the skin and stimulates the production of its own collagen (neocollagenesis).
Please note that TCA peeling is more of a medical procedure than a cosmetic one. Therefore, for its conduct, the availability of appropriate evidence is required.
During the TCA peeling, the professionalism of the cosmetologist plays a huge role in the success of the outcome of the procedure. After applying a special composition to the face, he observes changes with the skin. The appearance of white plaque (“frost”) indicates the depth of penetration of trichloroacetic acid. The more intense, saturated the frost, the deeper the impact. The cosmetologist’s task is to stop the effect of an acidic agent at the right time so as not to harm the patient.
Trichloroacetic acid exfoliation is a complex, responsible procedure. Before cleaning, it is important to properly prepare the skin to minimize the risk of developing post-peeling complications.
Choosing between yellow peeling and TCA, it is important to understand that the first option is more gentle and delicate, and the second is more effective. Do not forget about the risks of unpleasant consequences after cleaning.
If you are planning a pregnancy in the coming year, you cannot perform exfoliation with retinol. It is proved that it adversely affects the fetus. In the direction of protecting this type of cleansing is the ability to prevent the development of skin cancer.
Beautician tips for choosing a peeling
The choice of purification method is an important and crucial moment. To choose the best option for themselves, cosmetologists insist on paying attention to such nuances:
- The condition of the integument (excessive dryness, greasy or problem with acne, acne, etc.). Each type of exfoliation (glycolic or almond peels, milk, salicylic), in addition to cleansing, has an additional effect on the skin: moisturizes, heals, has a drying quality. Compare your own skin problems and exfoliant properties to increase the effectiveness of the procedure several times and choose the best option.
- Client age Surface exfoliation with fruit acids is best done at a young age (20 – 30 years). For 30 + clients, middle cleansing (for example, yellow peeling) is suitable, and after 40 years it is recommended to resort to more aggressive formulations (for example, based on trichloroacetic acid).
- Indications, contraindications. Neglecting contraindications is unacceptable! This causes post-peeling complications, worsening skin problems. It is impractical to perform cleanings that are not able to fix your problem (there is no indication for peeling).
- Availability of free time. If you do not have time for long-term rehabilitation, choose peels with less pronounced side effects or with a short rehabilitation period.
- Financial opportunities. Chemical peels are among the available procedures, but it is still necessary to take into account the alleged waste. Ask in advance about the cost of the procedure, about possible waste in the future.
When choosing the type of cosmetic procedure, listen, first of all, to the opinion of a specialist. His experience, professional skills will save you from mistakes and failures.
To look beautiful, young is the main goal of a woman at any age. To achieve its embodiment, modern cosmetology will help, a huge selection of cosmetic procedures, cleansers of various manufacturing companies. Be attentive to your health and trust professionals!