It would seem that bread and diet are not compatible. Indeed, in any dietary program, the use of this product is strictly prohibited. But what about those who cannot imagine their life without him? Israeli nutritionist Olga Raz found a way out of this situation. Under her strict guidance, a bread diet was born. In this popular diet program, eating bread is considered mandatory and skipping or replacing it with another product is not permitted. What else is needed for happiness?
Of course, you have to confine yourself to low-calorie bread: rye or bran. About rolls and loaves, and even more about buns, you will have to forget about the diet for the time being. Like, by the way, about sweets. But almost everything else is possible. And most importantly, in the diet there are sandwiches so beloved by everyone. Such a weight loss program is very popular in Israel and is already gaining momentum in Russia.
This is evidenced by the numerous reviews of those who have lost weight. In addition, the Israelis have the pleasure of reading a book about this carbohydrate program for weight loss, which has not yet been translated into Russian. But even this did not become an obstacle for the Russians, and the bread diet was firmly established in everyday life.
People found out about her, relying on the reviews and recommendations of friends. And soon amateur translations of this book appeared on the net. Isn’t that the result? And now such a carbohydrate program for weight loss is available to everyone.
- 1 The essence of the bread diet
- 2 Rules and basic principles of the grain diet
- 3 Stages of the bread diet and a sample menu
- 4 Advantages and disadvantages of the bread diet
- 5 Other types of bread diets
- 6 Grain mono-diet with fresh juice
- 7 Conclusions
The essence of the bread diet
You can eat bread and lose weight, while receiving pleasure. This conclusion was made by Olga Raz, the author of this diet program, based on the results of an experiment conducted in one of the large hospitals in Tel Aviv, which she headed. The purpose of this experiment was to create a list of products that contribute to improving mood.
The human body produces many different hormones, which are activated depending on the situation and the impact of many factors. One such hormone is serotonin, which is often called the hormone of joy or happiness. Serotonin is responsible for a person’s mood, and the higher his level, the better.
As a result of the experiment, it turned out that with the use of protein foods, the serotonin level in the body decreased markedly, while foods rich in carbohydrates contributed to its rise. And this is natural, because if you just eat a little sweet, your mood immediately improves. That is why sweet tooth is hard to adhere to carbohydrate-free diets.
But sweets are very high in calories and it’s very easy to recover from them. In this case, bread that is rich in serotonin and at the same time low in calories comes to the fore. In addition, it contains useful and nutritious fiber, which is also a carbohydrate. It charges the body with energy and energy and allows for a long time not to experience feelings of hunger.
An additional bonus to the bread diet will be getting rid of “sweet addiction”. The fact is that such a program for weight loss contributes to the normalization of blood levels of insulin and serotonin – hormones, the imbalance in the body and makes you want to eat sweets.
Rules and basic principles of the grain diet
In order for the bread diet to bring only good emotions and give a good result, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- Do not starve in any way. The daily norm of daily food should be divided into several parts and consumed throughout the day. The approximate interval between meals should be about three to four hours.
- Bread is the basis of the diet. You need to eat 8 – 12 thirty-gram pieces of bread for women per day, and 12 – 16 for men. A single serving should be three to four slices.
- You can use various types of bread: rye, wheat, bran, whole grain. Or give preference to diet bread. It is important to carefully study the label before buying and, if the bread is more nutritious than necessary, reduce its daily serving. The maximum calorie content should be approximately 45 kcal per 100 gram of product.
- It is strictly forbidden to use the loaf and baking in the diet, since these products have a high glycemic index, and therefore can increase the amount of sugar in the blood.
- It is allowed to spread bread with a thin layer of any putty. It may be: curd cheese with garlic and herbs, low-fat mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, vegetable caviar, avocado paste or any other sandwich dressing. It is allowed to put on top a small and thin slice of meat or fish. You can even use cheese, only better if it is low-fat. The main thing in this case is not to overdo it; the layer really should be thin. But the realization that this is allowed should play a major role here and contribute to the production of serotonin.
- Every day you need to eat 200 grams of any low-fat fermented milk product and be sure to eat fruit. Vegetables can be eaten in any form and in any quantities. It is advisable to abandon fried foods, or use very small amounts of vegetable oil when frying.
- One of the main conditions is to drink plenty of fluids. At least two liters of mineral still water should be consumed per day. You can alternate it with green or black tea, natural coffee and vegetable juices. It is better not to consume fruit juices, but if you really want to, you can drink a third of a glass, excluding the fruit component from the diet.
- Any three days a week, you can eat any lean meat or fish instead of a portion of bread.
- On the other three days, it is advisable to add one chicken egg prepared in any way to the diet.
- It is strictly forbidden during this diet to take alcoholic beverages, fatty meat, butter, fatty sauces, various smoked meats, sugar and sweet products, chips.
If you follow all these rules, it will not only help you lose weight quickly and painlessly, without feeling a constant feeling of hunger, but also keep yourself in shape for quite a long time. By the way, many take this diet as a basis, and adhere to it all his life.
Grain diet consists of two stages. The duration of the first stage is usually one to two weeks. A sample menu might look something like this:
- Monday – an orange, an egg, a salad of fresh vegetables, yogurt, three bread servings;
- Tuesday – grated carrots, stewed cabbage with meat, yogurt, an apple or a handful of some berries, two bread servings;
- Wednesday – a little plum, an egg, vegetable stew from any vegetables except starchy, kefir, three bread servings;
- Thursday – yogurt, fish with vegetable salad, any cabbage salad, pear or peach, two bread servings;
- Friday – half a grapefruit, vegetable stew from any vegetables except starchy, yogurt, three bread servings;
- Saturday – a salad of any fresh vegetables, meat with stewed vegetables, yogurt, a little apricot, two bread servings;
- Sunday – a salad of fresh vegetables, an egg, half a grapefruit, kefir, three bread rations.
The whole daily diet should be divided into 5-6 parts and not skip meals. A bread serving means about 3-4 slices of bread depending on gender. Salads can be seasoned with a small amount of olive oil or lemon juice. When stewing vegetables, it is also allowed to add a little vegetable oil.
The second stage can last as long as you like, even if it is a lifetime. Its main difference from the first is the replacement of one bread ration per day for:
- rice, buckwheat or a glass of pasta, preferably from hard varieties;
- one big potato;
- one head of corn;
- four tablespoons of oatmeal;
- two tablespoons of muesli.
Advantages and disadvantages of the bread diet
The advantages of this method for losing weight include:
- rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber diet;
- product availability and ease of preparation;
- improvement of mood, due to the production of serotonin, lack of hunger and a rich choice of food;
- prolonged use of the diet, for better results;
- On such a diet, you can lose up to five kilograms of excess weight in the first period of weight loss, in the second period this figure rises to seven kilograms weekly.
The disadvantages of the bread diet are:
- the diet is not balanced, so it is advisable to use an additional complex of vitamin preparations;
- low-calorie diet is not suitable for people engaged in active physical activity.
Like every diet, bread also has its own contraindications:
- It is strictly forbidden to use such a diet during pregnancy and lactation;
- children and adolescents;
- diseases of the digestive system or organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
Other types of bread diets
Olga’s Diet Raz is not the only one of its kind. There are other types of bread diet, which also have the right to exist. Of course, they are not as popular as the famous method of the Israeli nutritionist, but they are quite effective and easy to use.
Diet on black bread and water
Such a diet is less effective than the Israeli. The loss of extra pounds when it is applied reaches four. At the same time its duration is limited to eight days. The diet of the diet is very poor, it is inherently hungry diet, so its long-term use is prohibited. Sample diet menu may look as follows:
- breakfast – a portion of oatmeal on the water, a small slice of cheese;
- lunch – a portion of fish or white chicken meat, not limited to the amount of black bread;
- Dinner – 500 grams of kefir and 200 grams of rye bread.
Diet on bread and kefir
Such a diet is also quite well known, but even more rigid than the previous version. To sustain it is quite difficult. Her diet consists of two liters of water, a liter of kefir and 250 grams of bread per day. This principle of nutrition allows you to get rid of 500 grams of excess weight daily. But since this method of weight loss is too heavy for the body, its duration should not exceed one week. Yes, and it can withstand not everyone.
In addition, kefir, especially fresh, relaxes the intestines quite well, so it is better to take this course to lose weight at home or in the place where the toilet will be available at any time.
Diet of bread units
The dietary program, which proposes to take into account the bread units, is quite different from the satisfying methods of the Israeli nutritionist. They are similar only in variety of diets, but in general this is the most common low-carb diet, which is designed specifically for people with diabetes. On such starvation, you can eat:
- dairy products;
- meat or fish three days a week.
Such a diet is not limited to any period of time, you can stick to it for as long as you like.
What does bread units mean? The fact is that it is impossible to use food uncontrollably in this method for losing weight. Every day it is allowed to consume no more than ten bread units, each of which corresponds to twelve grams of carbohydrates. For comparison: all foods that can be consumed per day are equivalent to the carbohydrate content of ten pieces of loaf.
While according to the method of Olga Raz, in addition to such a daily amount of bread, you can eat other dishes.
Grain mono-diet with fresh juice
This diet is designed for a short period of time – from three to five days. It is based on the use of black bread and fresh juices. Juices are allowed to use any kind: vegetable, fruit and fruit and vegetable. The main condition is that the juice should be freshly prepared and consumed four hours after cooking is already prohibited, since during this period all the beneficial properties of the vegetables and fruits that make up it will disappear. If the juice is too sugary, it is allowed to dilute it with cooled boiled water in the proportion of 1: 1.
The daily diet of bread mono diet consists of:
- black bread, in the amount of 200 grams;
- fresh juice, in the amount of 200 grams.
These products must be divided into several parts and consumed within 24 hours. In addition, it is allowed to drink unlimited amount of non-carbonated mineral water, green, black or herbal tea without adding sugar.
Repeat this diet can only be six months later, as long and frequent use of it can be harmful to the body. After all, its diet is not balanced, and therefore the body will experience a shortage of necessary and beneficial substances necessary for its normal and stable operation, which may in the end result in the aggravation of various chronic diseases and other sad consequences.
Diet programs for weight loss on bread, as it turns out, is not uncommon. There are quite a lot of them: a diet on black bread and water, a grain kefir diet, a diet in bread units, a bread mono-diet with fresh juice. However, the most popular and widely demanded lately is the bread diet of the Israeli nutritionist Olga Raz.
Numerous reviews enthusiastic fans of this method of weight loss suggests that losing weight with this diet is quite effective, leaves only pleasant impressions and does not cause a cruel feeling of hunger. For many, this diet has become a habitual way of life, and they assure that it has changed their lives for the better.
Those who adhered to this technique precisely in order to get rid of extra kilos note the simplicity of its use and rather high efficiency: dropped kilograms do not return later and the weight remains at the same level as after the program. If you want to lose weight simply, quickly and without experiencing a strong feeling of hunger, then Olga’s bread diet is the right thing!