Pregnancy is a special time for every woman. At this moment in her body a new life is born and develops, which already requires care and attention. Of course, any mommy wants the best for her baby, but any woman wants to look good not only in this period, but also after the birth of a child. But, as it is known, pregnant women are not recommended to go on diets, since a small body should receive all necessary things through mother for its growth and the formation of a substance.
But there are some recommendations for eating food for women at this moment in order to improve their well-being, have a positive effect on their bodies and babies, as well as quickly return to shape after childbirth.
- 1 The essence and the general rules of diet
- 2 Prohibited products
- 3 First Trimester Diet
- 4 Sample menu on 1 trimester
- 5 Second Trimester Diet
- 6 Diet in the third trimester
- 7 Diet for overweight
- 8 Diet for edema
- 9 Diet for constipation
- 10 Morning sickness
- 11 Heartburn during pregnancy
- 12 Diet recipes for pregnancy
- 13 Сonclusions
The essence and the general rules of diet
Term of pregnancy is divided into stages – trimesters. There are only three of them and each one lasts three months. That is why a diet during pregnancy will also be divided into three stages, in each of which the diet will be adjusted, depending on those substances that will be especially useful for a growing organism in a given period.
Therefore, it may happen that food that is very valuable in the first trimester may create problems for the child if consumed in the second trimester. The essence of the diet for pregnant women consists precisely in the correction of the diet useful for the mother and child at each stage of pregnancy, that is, in trimesters.
Proper nutrition and hygiene are especially important during pregnancy. It is best to eat in small portions, but often. Since the growing belly puts pressure on the stomach and intestines and a large amount of food eaten can cause heartburn and heaviness in the stomach. The last time it is better to eat about three hours before bedtime. One of the important rules is to compensate for the lack of vitamins, so the entire period of pregnancy you need to take vitamin complexes, which are prescribed by the gynecologist.
It is worth mentioning products that are unacceptable for use during pregnancy. In principle, all these products are not recommended to eat and in order not to get better, and in an interesting position they are much more undesirable because they can harm the health of not only expectant mothers, but also babies.
So, all 9 months it is advisable to refrain from spicy and fatty, fried and salty foods. Strongly not recommended to drink alcoholic beverages. It is also worth reconsidering your attitude to exotic fruits, citrus fruits, strawberries and nuts. It is these products that often become the causative agents of allergies. If you really want to eat an orange or strawberries – good health. The main thing is not to overeat in order not to develop an allergy tendency in the child.
First Trimester Diet
The first trimester is very important for mother and baby. It is during this period that the fetus begins to form and develop:
- the spine is formed;
- ripens the heart and brain;
- developing circulatory and nervous system.
It is especially important during this period to build a woman’s nutrition so that the child receives all the substances necessary for the full development. In the first trimester, it is better to use mainly protein food, since protein is the building material for bones and cells. At this time, you need to enrich the body with folic acid, which contributes to the development of the infant’s nervous system and ensures timely cell division and growth. Also, to reduce the risks of fetal pathologies, it is necessary in the first trimester to increase the content of such useful substances in the body as zinc, iodine, selenium, cobalt and copper, as well as vitamins C and B.
The following products will be useful during this period:
- various legumes;
- lean meats;
- low-fat cottage cheese and cheese;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- sea kale;
- whole grain bread.
It is recommended to refuse fast food, carbonated sugary drinks, various preservation, coffee, crackers, chips and hot sauces, seasonings in the first trimester. It is best to give preference to vegetables and fruits, which will be useful for both mom and baby.
Especially strong feelings of mom in the second month of pregnancy. During this period, a woman gives most of the vitamins and nutrients contained in her body to the baby. Therefore, you should fill their shortage in a timely manner, and when the body asks for something, you should not refuse it. From here and the pronounced desire of a woman in the early stages to eat something extravagant or something non-standard.
The menu for the week in the first trimester may look as follows:
- Monday – for breakfast you can eat low-fat yogurt and granola, for lunch you can eat meat soup, during the afternoon we recommend vegetable salad or just vegetables, for dinner you can cook rice with vegetables, and drink a glass of milk at night.
- Tuesday – morning, you can start with milk porridge and a sandwich with butter and cheese, for lunch, ear is good, eat about 100 grams of cottage cheese for dinner, eat pasta with liver for dinner, and at night you can eat some vegetables or a salad with seaweed.
- Wednesday – about 150 grams of cottage cheese and green tea with biscuits are recommended for breakfast, at lunch you can eat vegetable soup or soup puree, you can enjoy fruit at lunch, and for dinner you can eat a steam chicken cutlet and mashed potatoes, before going to bed there will be enough non-fat yogurt.
- Thursday – in the morning you can eat buckwheat porridge with milk, yogurt and a glass of juice, at lunch prepare vegetable soup with a slice of bread, replace a snack with fruit or fruit salad, eat a vegetable salad and baked fish for dinner, before going to bed you can drink a glass of cranberry juice or juice .
- Friday – for breakfast, cook bread with cheese and tomatoes, an orange and a glass of fermented baked milk or kefir, for lunch eat pasta with meatballs and a vegetable salad, eat a little walnuts in the afternoon, and dinner can make potatoes baked in sour cream and herbal tea, You can end the day with a glass of fermented milk product.
- Saturday – morning you can start with cheesecakes and herbal tea, you can also add a little dried apricots here, for lunch it is recommended chicken soup and a slice of whole grain bread, you can grate carrots with apples in the afternoon, and eat salad with cheese, tomatoes and herbs before dinner, before bedtime drink a glass of milk.
- Sunday – for breakfast, make oatmeal with milk and fruit and drink a glass of juice, eat chicken soup, vegetable salad and green tea at lunch, allow any fruit to be in afternoon tea, and for dinner, chicken cutlet and vegetables, steamed, you can eat low-fat before going to bed yogurt.
This is an exemplary menu by day, on which you can equal, making your own diet. The main thing – to try to adhere to the basic rules of nutrition and follow the recommendations of the doctor.
Second Trimester Diet
During this period, the development of vital organs of the fetus, formed in the first trimester, is in full swing:
- the mass of the brain increases;
- developing respiratory system;
- formed skeleton and bone system.
In the second trimester, attention should be paid to foods containing calcium and vitamin D, which are necessary for strengthening bones and proper skeleton formation. And also at this time, iron-rich foods are needed, since at this time the placenta and the circulatory system of the baby are formed. It is especially important to understand what kind of food can be taken during this period. Here is a sample list of recommended products.
- egg yolk;
- fish, especially liver;
- vegetable fats.
Products to be excluded from the second trimester:
- spicy and smoked food;
- fatty and fried foods;
- smoked meat and sausages;
- sweet and flour dishes.
During this period, the amount of fluid entering the body should be controlled, as well as the intake of carbohydrates. Since their excessive absorption can cause an undesirable weight gain. In this trimester, walks in the fresh air will be very useful to the expectant mother, especially since oxygen is so necessary for the baby just now.
A sample menu at this stage may include the use of cereals, cottage cheese, vegetables, rye flour products, potatoes, meat dishes, eggs, low-fat cheeses, dairy products.
It’s very good to eat carrots at this time, as it will help to saturate the body with vitamin A, and if you pour water on it with vegetable oil, you can also get useful vitamin E.
Sample menu for every day in the 2 trimester:
- breakfast – scrambled eggs;
- second breakfast – low-fat yogurt;
- dinner – chicken, meat or fish soup;
- snack – any fruit;
- dinner – milk porridge or vegetable stew with meat;
- before bedtime – some kind of fruit, vegetable salad or a glass of fermented milk drink.
Diet in the third trimester
In the third trimester, many women cease to control their weight, considering that it remains quite a bit and now it does not matter how many kilograms you put on for the remaining time. But this is far from the case.
During this period, it is recommended to consume a lot of carbohydrates, as they are a source of glycogen and accumulate in the muscles, placenta and muscles of the uterus. But this does not mean that you need to absorb them uncontrollably. Everything also needs to be monitored for the amount of carbohydrates eaten, as weight gain in the third trimester threatens with unnecessary consequences. Not only can this entail a difficult and prolonged birth, it can also threaten the life of the mother and baby.
In the last months of pregnancy, it is worth taking care of excess weight, reducing, as much as possible, the calorie intake of food. It is best to eat very small portions, but 6-7 once a day.
At this stage you should pay attention to such dishes:
- lean fish;
- nuts and fruits;
- vegetable soups;
- fresh vegetables;
- boiled or steamed meat.
Do not use in the third trimester:
- fatty meats and fish;
- various fats, you can use only butter and vegetable oil;
- saturated fat broths;
- fried foods.
Fish and meat dishes are best consumed in the first half of the day, since proteins are better absorbed by the body. The second half of the day is better to enrich with dairy products and vegetables.
Sample menu for the day in the third trimester:
- breakfast – tea and butter sandwich;
- the second breakfast – salad from eggs and sea cabbage;
- dinner – light fish soup;
- afternoon snack – low-fat cottage cheese;
- dinner – mashed potatoes with lean meat or fish;
- before bedtime – fruit salad or juice.
Diet for overweight
Excess weight during pregnancy is always threatened by unpleasant consequences for both mother and fetus. It may be the cause of increased pressure in pregnant women, because of this, weak labor and hypoxia may occur in a child. Yes, and large fruit is most often in women who are overweight. The presence of extra kilograms can lead to late toxicosis, which is much more dangerous than early toxicosis: increased swelling, often increase in blood pressure, poor urine analysis.
In such a case, the doctor may recommend fasting days. They can be carried out about two times a week. They assume the use of kefir, apples, cottage cheese. But it should be aware that with a tendency to edema it is better not to use fruit or vegetable fasting days. Since fruits and vegetables contain a large amount of fluid, and instead of losing weight, you can get a completely opposite effect.
Sample kefir diet menu:
- breakfast – oatmeal with green tea and whole wheat bread with cheese;
- second breakfast – low-fat yogurt;
- lunch – vegetable soup, boiled chicken, stew and a glass of tea;
- afternoon tea – kefir;
- dinner – low-fat cottage cheese, a third of the banana;
- for the night – kefir.
It is important to remember that carrying out fasting days during pregnancy alone is not recommended. Need mandatory medical advice.
In general, the best diet – is the preparation of the correct diet, which should be followed during the entire period of pregnancy, especially if there is a problem with excess weight. It is better to eat a little, but more often. During pregnancy you should not eat for two. It is at this time that moderation in food is never needed.
Diet for edema
Pregnant women, especially in recent months, are very prone to such a problem as edema. Due to the fact that the enlarged uterus squeezes blood vessels, excess fluid accumulates in the tissues of the body. Previously, doctors recommended limiting fluid intake, but recently the trend has changed dramatically. Now, with edema, on the contrary, it is advised to consume as much fluid as possible, since its lack may adversely affect the condition of the fetus.
The most important thing with edema is to limit the use of salt, and if possible completely abandon its use. It is salt that has the property of retaining water in the body. In addition, salty foods invariably cause thirst.
Diet for edema recommends the use of steam or boiled dishes, and abstaining from pickles and preservation.
Diet for constipation
Constipation during pregnancy is terrible primarily for the baby, since toxins have the ability to be absorbed into the blood, can get into the fetus and cause poisoning. The most likely time of their appearance is the third trimester, when the grown fetus squeezes the intestines, preventing the withdrawal of processed food.
Constipation in pregnant women most often occurs due to a lack of fiber in the body. In order to replenish its reserves, doctors recommend the use of products such as
- a tomato;
- dried fruits.
Fresh kefir or other sour-milk products also help with constipation. Prune infusion will be safe.
When constipation is necessary to abandon white bread, semolina, strong tea, chocolate.
This phenomenon of toxicosis can especially often haunt a woman in early pregnancy. Improve the condition and discomfort while it is possible and necessary. To do this, you should not get up abruptly after waking up. Recommend wake up and lie down for a while on the bed. Only a few minutes after the final awakening you can get up.
It is necessary to eat not earlier than in an hour after awakening, and not to overeat in the evening in any case. It is best to limit yourself to a glass of ryazhenka or another fermented milk product.
Heartburn during pregnancy
This is also a fairly frequent manifestation during pregnancy. Heartburn occurs due to increased acidity of the stomach. Such products as kefir, black bread, white fresh bread, sour and spicy, as well as fried foods can lead to its appearance. In order to relieve heartburn, you can drink low-fat milk. To use soda with water is strictly prohibited.
Diet recipes for pregnancy
The proposed diet recipes diversify the diet and contribute to improving well-being.
Omelet with vegetables
To prepare the dish you will need:
- eggs – 2 pcs;
- milk – 30 grams;
- white cabbage – 25 grams;
- butter – 5 grams;
- carrots – 25 grams;
Wash and chop the vegetables, add a small amount of milk and butter, add to readiness. After that, chop the vegetables. Beat eggs, add milk, salt and mix. Vegetables put on a baking sheet, pour a mixture of eggs with milk and bake.
Vegetable Salad with Cheese
For cooking you will need:
- tomatoes – 4;
- fresh cucumbers – 4 pcs;
- Bulgarian pepper – 4;
- cheese – 150 grams;
- green onions – beam floor;
- dill – the floor of the beam;
- parsley – a bunch floor;
- celery – beam floor;
- basil – beam floor;
- vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons;
Wash and chop vegetables, add chopped greens, salt and mix. Put the salad on a dish, sprinkle with chopped feta cheese and pour oil.
In pregnancy, “sitting” on starvation diets is not recommended, even if there is an overweight problem. The best and effective diet for pregnant women is to create your daily diet, taking into account the recommendations of the doctor and personal preferences. For each trimester of pregnancy, there is a useful diet consisting of substances that are necessary for both mother and child at a specific stage.
Therefore, during the compilation of the menu it is worth paying attention to the nutrients recommended during this period. Numerous reviews suggest that a well-designed diet will help not only get rid of edema, constipation, excess weight and other problems, but also improve the general condition of the body, prepare it for childbirth and the birth of a healthy and strong baby.