The Pagano diet is a unique method of treating psoriasis, based on three components: proper spiritual attitude, healthy nutrition, and internal cleansing of the body from toxic substances. These principles, according to the founder John Pagano, are the cause of the development of any disease.
Psoriasis is a skin disorder characterized by an impaired growth of epithelial cells. As a result, the dermis becomes scaly, covered with red spots, causes itching and discomfort in humans.
The famous American doctor John Pagano invented the drug-free method of treating psoriasis, for which he gained recognition at the world level. The diet of the doctor facilitates the course of the disease, reduces the likelihood of its occurrence.
Symptoms and causes
Psoriasis is a non-infectious skin disease that occurs in a chronic form and is accompanied by the appearance of red-pink eruptions on which the dermis is scaly. It is these symptoms that more accurately describe the current problem. The term “psoriasis” in Greek (“psoriasis”) means itchy skin or scratching. With this dermatosis, skin cells are divided 30 times faster than they should be.
As a result, they do not have time to fully ripen, which leads to the fact that the intercellular contacts are lost, characteristic flakes form. In addition, the pathological process is accompanied by the involvement of the body’s immune system: the protective elements begin to work against their own cells, which leads to chronic inflammation in the lesion.
The following types of psoriasis can be distinguished: plaque (vulgar), exudative, erythroderma, pustular, palmar and plantar, drop-shaped. Depending on the stage of the pathological process, it can be: a stable, progressive, regressive scaly deprive.
The rash is localized in the following areas of the body: the extensor surfaces of the large joints (elbows, knees), places exposed to injury or constant friction, the rims of the scalp.
Until now, it is not possible to find out one cause of psoriasis, like most other systemic diseases. Currently, there are many versions, each of which is based on scientific evidence.
Causes of Psoriasis:
- Immune system dysfunction. It is assumed that an autoimmune response develops in the patient’s body, as a result, many T-lymphocytes accumulate in the thickness of the dermis, which leads to thickening and chronic inflammation of the affected area. This version is confirmed by clinical studies. With a psoriatic plaque biopsy, tests show an increased concentration of immune cells.
- Hereditary factor. Scientists have already established that patients suffering from scaly deprive have mutated sections of DNA. These genes are usually responsible for the maturation of T-lymphocytes. Therefore, in the case of mutation of these areas increases the likelihood of psoriasis.
Children of parents suffering from dermatological diseases fall into the category of risk of skin lesions. The likelihood of psoriasis in these babies increases by at least 50%.
- Endocrine factor. Patients with psoriasis, as a rule, are people with any changes on the part of the pancreas and thyroid, pituitary, adrenal glands. In addition, they have a violation of the synthesis of melatonin production.
- Strong shock. Remember, stress exacerbates the symptoms of the disease, leads to its manifestation. At the same time, hormones are released into the bloodstream, triggering biochemical reactions that, in turn, lead to the formation of scaly rash on the dermis.
- Exchange theory. People with psoriasis have an increased level of lipids in the body. In addition, in case of an exacerbation of a dermatological problem, the overall level of toxic substances increases, and the nitrogen metabolism also changes.
Thus, psoriasis develops on the background of changes in the immune system or violation of the division of skin cells. All external factors, including injuries, stress, poor ecology, only exacerbate the course of the disease, but can not be the only root cause.
What will happen if not treated
To facilitate the course of psoriasis and its “conclusion” into a state of remission, it is necessary to use special foods and follow a diet.
Pagano diet – maximum benefit with a minimum of calories. The basis of the diet consists of alkali-forming products, which restore the pH of the internal environment of the body, neutralize its acidification, which leads to a deterioration of the digestive tract, skin condition, destruction of bone tissue, the formation of kidney stones, and poor health.
Psoriasis reduces the quality of life of patients, which causes physical, psychological discomfort. The consequence of this may be difficulties with social, labor adaptation. Often, severe itching hinders normal rest, and rashes on the palms restrict performance. Psoriatic plaques often crack, heal for a long time, because of which the patient experiences painful sensations for a long time. The scaly rash on the scalp, which in most cases causes rejection, is especially hard tolerated. As a result, people suffering from psoriasis, begin to feel uneasy in society, become social phobias.
Constant pain in the joints, itching, stress due to feelings of dissatisfaction with their appearance lead to the progression of psychological deviations, manifested in the form of increased anxiety, depression. This discomfort is experienced by ¾ of the total number of people with psoriasis. And only ¼ does not experience psychological oppression, does not seek social exclusion.
Psoriasis damages the skin, as a result, the dermis ceases to perform its functions. The water-salt balance is disturbed, the regulatory ability of maintaining body temperature suffers, which contributes to an increase in the load on the heart and kidneys.
The consequences of psoriasis are inflammatory bowel disease, heart disease, and diabetes. The following complications are possible: obesity, arrhythmia, stroke, renal failure, ischemia, hypertension, heart attack, atherosclerosis, celiac disease, cancer, folic acid deficiency, psoriatic hepatitis, glomerulonephritis, arthritis. Severe forms of dermatological disease lead to erythroderma, pustular psoriasis or Tsumbush.
In order to avoid the development of psychological, social and physiological diseases, psoriasis treatment should begin promptly, until irreversible processes in the body have developed.
Phased recovery – Pegano diet
According to the conclusions of the American scientist John Pegano, he developed the eponymous nutritional scheme that helps to stop or completely stop skin rashes (not only psoriasis). The main condition is to follow the principles of diet.
Stages of recovery of the body:
- Cleansing from the inside out. The essence of this stage is to carry out procedures and fasting days for the removal of toxic substances from the intestines. The patient is offered 2 options for cleansing the body (optional): a three-day apple or five-day multifruit diet. During this period, enterosorbents should be taken, the principle of action of which is based on the “removal” of toxins from the body. These include: activated carbon, Polyphepan, Filtrum, Enterodesum, Smecta, Polysorb, Enterosgel. Possible side effects: impaired intestinal motor-evacuation function, depletion of fats, proteins, vitamins, hormones, constipation or diarrhea.
Among the biologically active additives exhibiting the adsorbing effect can be distinguished: Eubikor, Integnin, Nutriclins, Spirulina, psyllium husks. It will not be superfluous to undergo a course of colonotherapy.
- Diet. After cleansing the intestine, you should adhere to a special diet that prevents the re-entry of toxins and toxins into the body. The basis of the diet is fruits, vegetables, low-fat meats, fish, eggs, dairy products, cereals.
- Restoration of the spine. According to the findings of John Pagano, problems with the spine disrupt blood flow in the epidermis cells, which can cause skin rashes. In this case, to prevent the incorrect position of the vertebral discs, exercise should be performed every day.
- Restoration of the dermis. To speed up the cleansing of the skin from toxins, it is recommended to regularly visit the sauna, bath, take a steam bath, contact a beautician.
Psoriasis is a chronic disease, in the pathogenesis of which stress plays a special role. A strong emotional shock can cause an exacerbation of a dermatological problem.
According to research, it has been established that 25% of people with psoriasis experience depressing emotions about their appearance, are prone to depression, think about suicide.
Pegano’s diet is based on maintaining the acid-base balance in the body. Up to 30% of the daily menu falls on foods that acidify the internal environment (milk, eggs, vegetable oil, fish, poultry, meat, cereals) and up to 80% on alkali-forming (vegetables, juices, mineral waters, fruits).
Principles of proper nutrition against psoriasis:
- Drinking mode. To improve the condition of the outer cover, it is necessary to cleanse the body of toxins. To do this, drink clean water, at least 2 liters per day. If necessary, take diuretics, infusions of medicinal herbs, herbal teas.
- Vitaminization of the body. Freshly squeezed juice from vegetables or fruits is an essential component of the daily diet.
- Adding lecithin to food. Natural food supplement, isolated from egg yolks, animal tissues or plants, stimulates the restoration of alkaline balance in the body
The recommended daily allowance for granulated lecithin is 15.
- Defecation control. For the normal functioning of the digestive tract and cleansing the dermis from rashes, it is recommended to monitor the daily bowel movement. In order to normalize the stool, it is useful to take 15 g of olive oil every day on an empty stomach, eat figs, prunes, apricots, apricots and dried apricots.
- Follow the rules of a healthy diet: do not combine the intake of proteins with carbohydrates, citrus fruits with dairy products, fruits with cereals, flour products, as well as starchy vegetables with meat.
- Enrich the diet with fiber, it helps cleanse the colon. Foods rich in dietary fiber include: whole grain cereals and bread, fruits, almonds.
- Exclude salted, canned, fried, smoked products from the diet. As well as products containing artificial colors, additives, lots of sugar and fats.
- Moderation in food. Food taken in small portions, otherwise it will create a load on the digestive tract, which will slow down the digestive system and the process of cleansing the body as a whole.
- Less stress. Psoriasis is aggravated on the nervous system: severe itching occurs, new rashes, inflammatory processes progress. People with dermatological diseases preferably avoid conflicts, unrest, unpleasant situations. After a working day, it is recommended to arrange a moment of relaxation. It has been proven that books and quiet, calm music effectively fight stress.
Psoriasis is a chronic pathology, in order to minimize its exacerbations, a healthy lifestyle should be followed with dietary recommendations aimed at increasing the pH of the skin. It is advisable to quit smoking, exclude coffee. All dishes are baked in the oven, boiled or steamed.
Allowed and prohibited products
The emphasis in nutrition on the Pegano system is on food, which enhances the alkalization of the dermis. The essence of the technique is self-medication of the body by means of selecting the right products and observing proper nutrition. “Sour” foods (meat and cereals) should not predominate in the diet, since in large quantities they disrupt the digestive organs, the absorption of iron and calcium is weakened, diseases flourish, and fat accumulation increases.
Remember, cells can function normally only at an alkaline pH of the internal environment. Otherwise, they begin to die. Interestingly, the shift of acid-base balance towards acidification is a fundamental basis for the development of cancer problems.
- Fruits. This is the basis of proper nutrition for psoriasis. To prevent relapse of the disease, it is useful to consume grapes, cherries, raisins, pineapples, papaya, mangoes. Apples are allowed to be eaten exclusively in a baked form. Citrus fruits are banned.
- Vegetables. They are the second most important product because they help to raise the pH of the dermis environment in a natural way. Vegetables are recommended to be consumed fresh, as they provide the maximum benefit to the human body. Heat treatment reduces the amount of nutrients, thereby reducing their nutritional value.
The emphasis in nutrition on the diet of John Pegano should be made on beans, broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumbers, beets.
- Meat. It is allowed to introduce into the diet only low-fat varieties: lamb, chicken, rabbit. The acceptable method of heat treatment: cooking, steamed. The meat should be as lean as possible, therefore, before cooking, skin is removed from it, fat is removed.
- Fish. It is a source of essential amino acids, natural proteins, which does not reduce the pH of the dermis and does not acidify the body. Fish is included in the 2 menu once a week. It is recommended to cook in a double boiler or boil. It is best to include marine varieties of fish rich in healthy omega fatty acids: tuna, trout, corifen, sardines, halibut, and sturgeon.
- Scrambled eggs). Essential amino acids and lecithin are supplied to the body. Permissible weekly rate – 2 pcs.
- Cereals. From whole grains of corn, buckwheat, rice, barley and wheat, cereals cooked in milk or water are prepared.
- Milk products. They help the active functioning of the immune system, replenish calcium reserves in the body, contribute to the restoration of foci of psoriatic lesions of the dermis.
Sour-milk products must be selected with minimal fat content. For the diet table are allowed: sour cream, milk, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese.
For proper digestion of food, a sufficient amount of pure water (not in the form of juice, tea) must be received in the body. The minimum daily rate is 2 l. Welcome alkaline mineral water.
Prohibited foods for psoriasis:
- Citrus fruits (except lemon).
- Fatty meat: turkey, duck, goose, pork. Any sausages are prohibited.
- Vinegar. Organic acid reduces the pH of the medium of the dermis.
- Bakery products from flour / s and confectionery products containing an abundance of easily digestible carbohydrates.
- Alcohol, coffee, black tea.
- Solanaceae vegetables: eggplant, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes.
- Fatty dairy products: butter, cream.
- Mushrooms, pickles, pickles.
- Seafood: shellfish, shrimp, lobster, crab.
During the passage of the Pagano diet, spicy dishes spiced with plenty of spices are excluded from the patient’s diet. They aggravate the course of the disease.
The diet is formed on the basis of the list of allowed products based on their own preferences. The main conditions for solving dermatological problems are to drink plenty of clean water, eat alkalizing vegetables and fruits, and not overeat.
Day # 1:
- breakfast – oatmeal cooked in soy milk with the addition of a handful of raisins and 5 ml of honey – 250 g;
- lunch – banana – 1 pcs;
- lunch – mashed boiled vegetables – 200 ml, steamed fish – 150 g;
- afternoon snack – baked apple – 1 pcs;
- dinner – fresh vegetables – 200 g, soft-boiled egg – 1 pcs.
Day # 2:
- breakfast – buckwheat – 200 g, lettuce, tomato – 1 pcs;
- lunch – apricots – 3 pcs;
- lunch – omelet from 1 eggs, broccoli puree soup – 200 g, whole grain rye bread – 1 slice;
- afternoon snack – yogurt – 150 ml;
- dinner – boiled asparagus beans – 150 g, boiled chicken breast – 150
Day # 3:
- breakfast – smoothies of blackcurrant, banana and apples, low-fat yogurt – 250 g;
- second breakfast – kefir 1% – 200 ml;
- lunch – boiled unpolished rice – 200 g, carrot, cucumber and celery salad – 100 g;
- afternoon snack – peach – 1 pcs;
- dinner – Beijing cabbage and chicken – according to 100
Day # 4:
- breakfast – cottage cheese 9% with raisins – 250 g;
- lunch – mango or grapefruit – 1 pcs;
- lunch – boiled chicken – 150 g, cucumber and cabbage salad – 200 g;
- afternoon tea – herbal tea with honey – 200 ml;
- dinner – porridge from barley – 100 g, stewed vegetable sauté from tomatoes, zucchini – 150 g.
Day # 5:
- breakfast – oatmeal with raisins, nuts – 200 g, yogurt without additives – 100 g;
- lunch – steamed cottage cheese pancakes – 100 g;
- lunch – fish soup – 200 g; salad of grapes, pears, celery, flavored with lemon juice – 150 g;
- afternoon tea – nuts (hazelnuts) – 25 g;
- dinner – steamed vegetarian carrot cutlets – 2 pcs, mashed cauliflower – 150
Day # 6:
- breakfast – baked pumpkin with a rabbit – 200 g;
- lunch – cherry – 80 g;
- lunch – “steam” trout – 200 g, lettuce, cucumber – 1 pcs;
- afternoon snack – baked apple – 1 pcs;
- dinner – wheat porridge – 150 g, salad with beets and prunes – 100 g.
Day # 7:
- breakfast – lean chicken cutlets – 2 pcs, carrot salad flavored with lemon juice – 150 g;
- lunch – raisins – 50 g;
- lunch – lean borscht – 250 ml, scrambled eggs from 1 eggs;
- afternoon tea – grapes – a handful;
- dinner – corn porridge – 150 g, stewed cabbage – 100 g.
As a rule, the Pegano diet is well tolerated. Despite the low calorie intake of the daily diet, the patient does not feel an attack of hunger and can always satisfy him with the help of permitted products (fruits, vegetables, herbs, water).
People suffering from psoriasis should eat lean non-greasy foods rich in fiber and avoid flour products, canned foods, smoked foods, spicy and fried foods.
Recipe number 1 “Oatmeal”
- water – 1 l;
- vegetable oil – 30 ml;
- whole oatmeal – 200 g;
- salt or sugar to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse the rump, fill with purified water, leave to swell the grains for at least 3 hours, and preferably at night.
- Before cooking, drain the liquid, rinse the grits again. Add cold water (600 ml), put on the fire, bring to a boil, cook 30 minutes. Then add another 400 ml of liquid, cook until thick.
- Before cooking, add salt or sugar to the porridge, add vegetable oil.
Oatmeal is served with fruits, dried fruits or vegetables.
Recipe number 2 “Dietary chicken cutlets”
- carrots – 1 pcs;
- cold water – 50 ml;
- chicken fillet – 4 pcs;
- vegetable oil – 15 ml;
- egg – 1 pieces;
- pepper, salt, onion, herbs – to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse the fillet under water, cut into pieces.
- Peel carrots, chop, fry in vegetable oil.
- Pass the meat through a meat grinder, add salt, spices, an egg. Introduce carrots. From the resulting mass, form cutlets that are placed in a double boiler, cover with a lid. Duration of cooking – 8 minutes.
Chicken cutlets are served with fresh or stewed vegetables. The dish is considered useful, tasty and safe for the figure.
Diet Pegano is a low-calorie nutrition program aimed at cleansing the body from the inside, removing the accumulated toxins, toxins that cause the development of skin diseases. In particular, psoriasis. If the intestines do not work properly, poisonous compounds are not excreted, they penetrate the lymph, blood, which leads to general poisoning of the body. As a result, the lungs and kidneys – excretory systems, begin to suffer, and toxins are secreted through the dermis.
According to the conclusion of John Pagano, failures in the functioning of the intestine due to the use of hormonal drugs, corticosteroids, large amounts of carbohydrates, alcohol, caffeine, antibiotics. In addition, infectious diseases can also cause a violation of evacuation function.
The basic principles of the treatment of psoriasis: cleansing the body from the inside, from the outside (using cosmetic procedures), restoring the normal functioning of the spine. The Pagano diet implies the exclusion from the menu of prohibited foods and an emphasis on alkaline-forming foods, adherence to the drinking regimen, fortification of the body with fruits, vegetables, freshly squeezed juices, adding lecithin to food, controlling bowel movements, and moderation in food. In addition, you should avoid stress, nervous overstrain, which cause the progression of the disease, the emergence of new rashes. Only under these conditions, you can improve the condition of the skin.