The Hercules diet is a very effective mono diet based on oat flakes. With its help, you can easily and quickly get rid of extra pounds of weight. Such a diet is very effective after the holidays or before the beach season, when you need to quickly return to normal. Reviews of numerous followers of this method for losing weight speak about truly impressive results: following such a system, you can lose up to seven kilograms of excess weight in seven days. And this is true: a low-calorie diet on oat-flakes promotes vigorous breakdown of fatty deposits accumulated earlier in the body.
- 1 The benefits of oatmeal
- 2 Advantages and disadvantages of the Hercules diet
- 3 The essence and types of Herculese diet
- 4 Sample diet menu for porridge
- 5 The third version of the Hercules diet
- 6 Contraindications and side effects of the Hercules diet
- 7 Conclusions
The benefits of oatmeal
Oatmeal is very useful and easy to use product. Its very name suggests that using such a porridge can become strong and healthy, like the ancient Greek mythical hero, with whom no one could compare in strength and dexterity.
In fact, cereals really bring a lot of benefits to the body. They have a useful mineral composition and a valuable vitamin complex, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the body dietary fiber. In addition, oatmeal contains only a little less than seven percent fat, about 15 percent of proteins and almost 60 percent of carbohydrates.
The vitamin complex is represented by B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic acid), vitamin E, H, PP and niacin. It contains interchangeable and essential amino acids, omega fatty acids, as well as palmitic, stearic, oleic and other saturated and unsaturated fatty acids.
Macronutrients in porridge appear in the form of calcium, potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, sodium, chlorine and magnesium. A trace element is revealed by cobalt, fluorine, zinc, iodine, iron, manganese and copper.
In addition, oatmeal is a low-calorie product. Its energy value is only 102 calories per hundred grams of product.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Hercules diet
The main advantages of this product are its low calorie content and high nutritional value. Thanks to these two qualities, oatmeal porridge is very valuable in the dietary practice. The composition of oatmeal contains a large number of complex or slow carbohydrates, which are able to split in the body for quite a long time, which in turn allows for a long time not to experience feelings of hunger.
An important role is played by the healing effect of Hercules. After all, if you eat oatmeal every day, it will well affect the condition of the blood vessels. Thanks to oatmeal, they are effectively cleaned of fat deposits, which prevents the appearance of cholesterol plaques and is an effective prevention of atherosclerosis. The use of oatmeal porridge and the gastrointestinal tract has a beneficial effect: a large amount of useful fiber promotes good digestion, reduces the risk of constipation, contributes to the removal of harmful cholesterol.
Other advantages of the Hercules diet are:
- oatmeal promotes good body saturation, energizes and vigor for the whole day;
- the main product of the diet contains a large number of valuable and useful elements;
- quick and effective achievement of the desired result;
- improves skin, has a tonic effect;
- relieves inflammation, redness of the skin and eliminates rashes.
There are several options for diet, from very strict and hard complex, to a sparing option for losing weight.
The disadvantages of the diet on hercules include:
- the imbalance of this method for losing weight, which leads to a lack of important substances in the body;
- some people will be hard to use unsalted and unsweetened porridge, cooked in water for a long time;
- improper exit from the diet can lead to rapid weight gain after the course of losing weight.
The essence and types of Herculese diet
The main product of such a system for weight loss is oatmeal. There are three types of this diet that are suitable for a wide range of people. One of them is pretty tough, and not everyone can stand it, but the other two are simpler. Therefore, if you decide to experience the miraculous properties of this method, it is better to start with simpler varieties.
The first version of the Hercules diet
This is a tough mono-diet, in which it is not allowed to use any other products except oatmeal. Due to the absence of many valuable and beneficial substances for the body, it is not recommended to adhere to such a food system for more than seven days. Typically, the duration of such a diet is from one day to a week.
Oatmeal for this diet option should be cooked in water without adding salt and sugar. Flakes contain more nutritional value and beneficial properties if they are poured with cold boiled water and insisted for several hours.
With this method of the Hercules diet, you can eat cereal in any quantity at any convenient time, as soon as you feel hunger. At the same time, as with any other diet, you need to drink plenty of fluids, which can be used as pure non-carbonated mineral water, as well as green or herbal tea. Every second day, a small green apple is allowed as a bonus. This procedure will contribute to the production of serotonin, which will cheer you up and help brighten up monotonous diet days.
The second version of the Hercules diet
This method is a little more gentle than the previous one and allows you to use all the same oatmeal with some other permitted products. These include:
- non-starchy fruits: pears, green apples, grapefruits, oranges;
- low-fat kefir or yogurt;
With this method, drinking mode is also very important. It is necessary to use a large amount of mineral non-carbonated water, freshly brewed green tea, herbal infusions.
This is the most optimal variant of the Hercules diet, with which you can also achieve the desired result in a short time, but you should not be satisfied with the strict use of oatmeal throughout the course of weight loss.
Based on this menu, you can create your own weight loss plan using the rules and principles of the Hercules diet and adjusting to your body and lifestyle. With a great feeling of hunger, oatmeal, mineral still water, unsweetened green tea or herbal tea are allowed.
- in the morning – 125 grams of oatmeal porridge, 100 grams of low-fat yogurt;
- in the afternoon – 125 grams of oatmeal porridge with the addition of one teaspoon of honey (a two-fold increase in servings is allowed), herbal or green unsweetened tea;
- in the evening – 100 grams of oatmeal porridge, half a green apple, a teaspoon of honey, a herbal brew or green unsweetened tea.
- in the morning – 125 grams of porridge from oatmeal flakes with the addition of nuts and one teaspoon of honey, herbal extract or green unsweetened tea;
- in the afternoon – 100 grams of oatmeal, low-fat yogurt or kefir, half a grapefruit or orange;
- in the evening – 200 grams of oatmeal porridge, half a green apple, 100 grams of low-fat yogurt or kefir.
The third day:
- in the morning – 125 grams of oatmeal porridge on water, 100 grams of low-fat yogurt;
- in the afternoon – 200 grams of instant oatmeal steamed with boiling water, nuts, half a green apple, 250 grams of mineral non-carbonated water;
- in the evening – 125 grams of oatmeal flakes, half an orange or grapefruit, two servings of herbal tea or green unsweetened tea.
- in the morning – 125 grams of oatmeal with the addition of one teaspoon of honey, half a green apple, 250 grams of mineral non-carbonated water;
- in the afternoon – 100 grams of oatmeal, steamed with boiling water with the addition of nuts (allows for an increase in the portion twice), 250 grams of low-fat kefir;
- in the evening – half a pear, 125 grams of oatmeal flakes with the addition of one teaspoon of honey, herbal extract or unsweetened green tea.
- in the morning – 200 grams of oatmeal, nuts, a teaspoon of honey, 100 grams of low-fat kefir or yogurt;
- in the afternoon – 100 grams of oatmeal, half a pear, herbal extract or unsweetened green tea;
- in the evening – 125 grams of oatmeal porridge with honey, half an apple or grapefruit, herbal tea or unsweetened green tea.
- in the morning – 125 grams of oatmeal flakes on water, 100 grams of low-fat yogurt, herbal tea or unsweetened green tea;
- in the afternoon – 100 grams of instant oatmeal with nuts and honey, half a pear, herbal brew or green unsweetened tea;
- in the evening – 125 grams of rolled oats with honey, herbal infusion or green unsweetened tea.
- in the morning – 200 grams of oatmeal, 100 grams of low-fat kefir;
- in the afternoon – 100 grams of low-fat yogurt, half an apple, 100 grams of oatmeal on water;
- in the evening – 125 grams of oatmeal flakes, one teaspoon of honey, herbal infusion or green unsweetened tea.
The third version of the Hercules diet
This is the easiest way to lose weight on porridge. In fact, this is not even a plan for losing weight. It is often used for a smoother transition to a hard version of the Hercules diet. This option does not require much effort and can be used for an arbitrarily long period of time. However, stunning results from him should not be expected. Of course, with its help, you can also get rid of unnecessary kilograms, but for a quicker result, you should opt for the second option.
The essence of this method for weight loss is the replacement of one meal with unsweetened and unsalted oatmeal porridge cooked in water. Further, this rate should be increased, replacing it with lunch and dinner. But this alone will not be enough. It should drastically edit your normal diet, getting rid of such products:
- alcoholic beverages;
- sweet soda;
- packaged juices;
- greasy, floury and sweet foods;
- various smoked meats.
Contraindications and side effects of the Hercules diet
It is not allowed to use this program to lose weight to people who are subject to active physical exertion, due to the small amount of the protein component of this diet. During the period of pregnancy and lactation, it is also worth getting around this method of weight loss. Such a diet is contraindicated in case of exacerbation of chronic diseases of the intestine and stomach.
However, in order to understand whether this method of losing weight is suitable or not, you need to try out its effectiveness on your own experience. Better than your body, no one will say – is it worth it or not to apply this diet to yourself. For the sample, it is best to start with the third variant of the Hercules diet, gradually leaving only oatmeal in your diet. Or, if you love the thrill, you can immediately start with one day of a rigid hercules diet, but not everyone can withstand it.
Most people by the fifth day of fasting often feel weakness and a sharp decline in strength associated with a small amount of food entering the body. If it is difficult to sustain such a pace of diet, you can get out of it earlier, starting from the sixth day.
The exit from the diet should be smooth and gradual, so as not to burden the body, which, after suffering stress, will begin to accumulate fat at an accelerated pace, which can lead to the collection of “lost” kilograms with such difficulty and all efforts will be wasted. It is best to add every day for a small amount of new products. On the first day, limit yourself to a small amount of vegetables, add eggs to the second, and so on.
Some, in rather rare cases, note such a side effect from the Hercules diet as constipation. Perhaps this is due to improper drinking regime during the course of losing weight or with the restructuring of the body on a new diet. In fact, it is oatmeal that helps with such bowel disorders, and all doctors prescribe it as a sure remedy for constipation.
Herculean diet is a few varieties of weight loss programs based on the frequent and regular use of oatmeal. Each of the options for such a diet has its own charms. The first way to lose weight will be relevant for those who want to quickly and effectively lose weight.
However, it should be borne in mind that the wrong way out of the diet will be fraught with the return of lost pounds and a possible set of new ones. By the way, it is not necessary to withstand all seven days of a brutal mono-diet on oats. If you have reached the desired result earlier – feel free to leave it and return to your usual way of life. The second version of the diet is the most sparing and will suit a larger circle of people. With it, you can lose up to seven kilograms of weight per week.
Exit from the diet at this stage is also important, as well as at the first. It is good at this time to do fitness, yoga or go to the pool. The third way to lose weight is essentially a little preparation for more intense stress on the body. However, you can lose weight with it, it just takes a little longer. Which diet program to choose is up to you. But when making your choice, it is important to remember that any diet is a lot of stress for the body, and therefore, before using it, it is better to consult a nutritionist.