Indian diet is based on the commandments of Ayurveda and promotes the method of nutrition, based on the internal needs of the human body. In other words, to eat properly, with health benefits, you need to eat exactly when the body asks for it. The ancient treatise on health – Ayurveda – says that the “internal fire of digestion” is subordinated to natural biorhythms and most strongly it inflames in the middle of the day. The biorhythm of each person is individual, and therefore it is impossible to calculate when and in what quantities you need to eat.
This is a very productive food system, since it does not involve breaking the existing rules in the nutrition of a particular person, but only helps to systematize them and treat them consciously. Parallel yoga classes are very important when building such a food system, as they will help you learn to distance yourself from everything that prevents a person from concentrating on cooking and eating food. According to Ayurveda in these moments, you need to fully immerse yourself in the process and not be distracted by extraneous thoughts.
The Indian diet for weight loss requires you to abandon the food that needs to be warmed up or dogned – only fresh or freshly prepared meals are permissible. Semi-finished products bring not the best products to human food in order to save time, but this approach in the Indian diet is not acceptable. Saving time on food is like saving on health. This is absolutely impossible to do. To treat the preparation and consumption of food, observing the principles of Ayurveda, you need as a ritual. Only in this case, positive energy will be produced, contributing to excellent digestion of food and its assimilation.
To cleanse the body and mind of excess emotions and heavy food, you should regularly arrange fasting days. How often to do this, the person decides for himself, but it is best to organize unloading at least once a week.
If you follow the Indian diet, you should abandon all types of meat. A full daily diet should be built on fresh or boiled vegetables and fruits, as well as vegetable products – cereals, nuts, soy. An obligatory element of food should be rice. Fat-free dairy products to eat can and should. You need to drink juices, herbal teas without sugar, compotes.
About rice in the context of the Indian diet needs to be said additionally. The fact is that rice is able to suppress the occurrence of appetite. Even a small amount of boiled rice so gently covers and envelops the walls of the stomach, that a person has a feeling of full fullness as after a whole big plate. In addition, rice is very useful for the human body. Rice porridge is necessarily included in the menu of patients with gastritis and an ulcer. Rice cooked in milk acts inside the body like a sponge that absorbs all the harmful and indigestible components of food, and then gently removes them. Being a traditional dish for India, rice helps the population of this state not to suffer from obesity and cancer, and to have a strong immunity and a healthy body.
To give the dish spiciness and taste, the Indian diet recommends eating all sorts of spices and spices. They bring into the human body a lot of useful substances that people have more to get from nowhere. There is no list of required spices in Ayurveda diet. This principle of nutrition makes everyone individually choose the right spices, depending on the taste or needs of their body.
Pros and cons of Ayurveda diet
Among the main benefits that the Indian diet can bring to our lives are the following:
- easily digestible carbohydrates in large quantities are included in the diet, so with this method of nutrition you can quickly recover after physical exertion and always have strength for them;
- the cleansing properties of rice positively affect the work of the gastrointestinal tract, and its calorie content helps to satisfy hunger qualitatively and for a long time;
- when eating plant foods, such as spinach, celery or leaf lettuce, there are no problems with metabolism, and therefore with rapid weight loss;
- Permissible Ayurveda milk should be consumed for cooking rice, in this case, the resulting porridge prevents not only obesity, but also the occurrence of cancer;
- diet is easily tolerated due to a small list of restrictions;
- weight loss on 5 kilogram can be observed after a week of compliance with all the rules of food on Ayurveda;
- nutrition on demand of the body helps not to feel the torment of hunger, despite the fact that all foods used in the Indian diet are low-calorie;
- The diet does not require the purchase of any special products that have never been on the shelves of refrigerators, it effectively reduces weight and reduces the volume of the body, while it is safe for health, and everyone can follow it.
The only negative Indian diet – it is not suitable if there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract. With its chronic diseases, it is better to refuse such a diet or to consult a doctor before starving.
Types of Indian Diet
The classic Indian diet is necessary to adhere to 14 days. During this period, be sure to arrange at least 2-3 discharge days to fully cleanse the body. During this period, with the right food intake, it is possible to lose up to 10 kilograms. A sample menu for the day might look like this:
- for breakfast, eat mandarin and drink a glass of milk;
- for lunch we cook rice with curry and drink tea with cinnamon;
- dine with fresh boiled rice and a pair of mandarin.
If nutrition according to the principles of Ayurveda should bring not only weight loss, but also a rejuvenating effect, then it is worth trying a rejuvenating nine-day Indian diet developed by the yogi Yogonand. Its essence is reduced to the daily use of a strictly defined set of products with increased antioxidant effect. On each of the 9 days you can eat 5 oranges, 1 lemon, 1 grapefruit, one variety of any boiled vegetables, fresh vegetable salad and drink 250 grams of freshly squeezed orange juice. After such a diet, the work of cells will improve significantly, the work of all internal systems will be tuned in, metabolism will return to normal, and the person’s sleep and psychological state will improve.
The Indian diet for 7 days can completely replace the 14-day nutritional course in Ayurveda. To sustain such a period is much easier, but will have to follow a strict diet. Experts say that on this diet about 7 kilogram of excess weight goes off in a week. The seven-day diet menu looks like a classic one:
- you need breakfast with tea and cucumber salad;
- for lunch, cooked rice with curry and fresh milk;
- Dinner is allowed boiled rice and tea with cinnamon.
For those who are actively involved in sports, the classic Indian diet is not always suitable. The fact is that the main source of protein – meat – is prohibited in the Indian diet, so protein may not be enough in the body to build muscle tissue. In this case, it is better to use the Indian protein diet, in which emphasis should be placed on hummus, bananas, dried fruits, nuts, legumes, and seeds. The content of vegetable protein in them is very high, which allows training with benefit and without large energy losses.
And for a more efficient burning of fats in the body, you can follow a curry-based diet. When this spice is added to pumpkin, rice noodles, rice or lentils, the fat burning properties of nutrition will be strengthened many times. The fact is that curry is able to increase the metabolic rate by several times. In addition, curry inhibits the growth of adipose tissue in the human body, so this seasoning is recommended to spice up any dishes that are allowed on the diet.
The best recipes of the Indian diet
Indian cuisine is very multifaceted and varied, all the dishes in it every time can sound new, thanks to the use of various spices. Any Indian dish can be considered a dietary one, since in this culture there is, in principle, no concept of eating cholesterol food or junk food.
However, some dishes in India have a special property of forcing the human body to quickly lose extra pounds. For example, a simple salad of grated cucumber and finely chopped parsley under olive oil saturates vitamins very well and quickly removes toxins from the body. A properly boiled brown rice will give a feeling of satiety for long hours and help burn fat deposits:
- brown rice must first be filled with boiling water for 4 hours;
- rinse rice with running water, place in a pan, pour water and bring to a boil;
- after that, boil rice on low heat for about half an hour;
- Be sure to sprinkle ready-made curry rice.
The Indian diet assumes that there are so many dishes based on rice in the daily menu. Using all the secrets and tricks of cooking in Indian culture, you can enjoy a variety of food, despite the fact that it is prepared from a standard list of ordinary products.
For example, creamy rice soup can be a great dinner for those who want to lose weight, but are not ready to go to bed every night on an empty stomach. It is boiled quite simply – just boil the rice in boiling water for about 10 minutes, and then add milk to the pan and cook the rice until cooked. It is allowed to use salt in the recipe at your discretion. The milk in this soup can be replaced with low-fat cream.
Vegetable dishes in the Indian diet occupy one of the central places. Boiled or steamed vegetables with spices and spices are suitable for use at any time of the day, but they are best eaten during the main meal – at lunch, and in the morning and in the evening use fresh salads. Among the many vegetable recipes you can find dietary ones, which will maximally contribute to the rapid digestion of food and energy saturation. Here is the recipe for the famous Bhujia stew salad, widely used for the Indian diet menu:
- Cut three tomatoes into slices, peel the eggplant and cut into cubes, and chop the three bell peppers and carrots into strips. Crush a couple of cloves of garlic without husk.
- In olive oil, carrots and eggplant are fried until golden brown.
- Tomatoes and bell peppers are added to the pan, the fire diminishes and all vegetables are stewed under a lid for about 15 minutes.
- In the resulting stew, add a teaspoon of curry and salt to taste and stew it all for another 10 minutes.
This volume of stewed salad is designed for several servings. For a feeling of satiety, it will be enough for a person to eat a third of all these vegetables.
As can be seen from the description of the Indian diet, adhering to this method of nutrition is not very difficult, especially if the results become visible. You do not need to constantly preach such a menu, but it can be repeated at certain intervals in order to cleanse the body and accustom it to a healthy lifestyle. And so that the weight does not begin to return quickly, it is necessary to get out of the Indian diet correctly – every day increase the daily calorie content of your menu by 150 kcal and 2 weeks after the diet there are no sweets and fatty heavy foods.