Diet on juices is a fashionable, modern diet, which every day wins an increasing number of fans. It has many advantages over other diets, the first of which is that it is tasty. Reviews of thinner with the help of juices convince that to lose weight on such a diet can be quickly: every day to lose a kilogram of excess weight. In order to properly and effectively lose weight, you need to adhere to all the rules of the diet and do not neglect the advice of nutritionists.
- 1 Principles of diet
- 2 Features of the juice diet
- 3 One-day juice diet
- 4 Five-day diet
- 5 14 Day Juice Diet
- 6 Preparing for a diet
- 7 Sample menu of a strict juice diet for the week
- 8 Out of the diet
- 9 Fasting juice days
- 10 Advantages and disadvantages of the diet
- 11 Contraindications for weight loss
Principles of diet
The founder of the juice diet – naturopath Cherie Kalbom – believes that fresh juices are healing. She developed a diet on fresh juices as one of the areas of comprehensive skin healing. Cherie Kalbom recommends a juice diet for mature and faded skin to stimulate its rejuvenation.
Freshly squeezed juices contain a lot of plant fiber – a complex carbohydrate that does not dissolve and is not absorbed in the intestines. With the ability to retain water, fiber absorbs all the slags and toxins dissolved in it. Increasing in volume, it stimulates intestinal motility, which contributes to its emptying. After cleansing from toxins, metabolic processes in the body are accelerated, thus, its tissues are updated.
Chery Kalbom developed two types of juice diet: one-day (unloading, preparatory), five and 14-day. The fourteen-day diet is presented in three options (depending on the severity of the menu restrictions).
Features of the juice diet
It is necessary to choose juices for weight loss, based on your own preferences for losing weight. There are no prohibitions. The main thing is that the juices are freshly squeezed, and do not contain salt or sugar. Juices can be single-component or cocktails. In no case should you drink industrial-made juices for dietary purposes. In case of an allergic reaction to certain vegetables or fruits, they do not need to be used to make juice.
When preparing juices yourself, you need to follow certain rules in order not to provoke exacerbations of chronic diseases of the digestive tract or allergic reactions:
- For juices, it is better to use vegetables and fruits that are traditional for the region losing weight. The body has a genetic memory, so the national products of the area of residence losing weight are perceived better by his body and rarely cause allergies.
- Seasonal vegetables and fruits are preferable to harvested (dried, frozen). Canned foods can not be used for making juices.
- Early vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers) are not suitable for juice. They contain a lot of nitrates.
- The juice of exotic fruits and vegetables should be diluted with clean water in the ratio 1: 1. This will reduce their allergies.
- Vegetables and fruits do not need to be peeled before spinning. It is enough to wash them well and remove hard bones, for example, from plums and apricots.
- Beetroot juice is aggressive for the gastric mucosa, so it must be diluted in half with water before use.
- Juices do not need to filter or clarify. The more pulp in them, the better for digestion.
- Do not drink alcohol during the diet. Alcohol causes a feeling of hunger, which very adversely affects the health of losing weight and increases the likelihood of failure.
The main product of the juice diet is juice, not mashed potatoes. Therefore, for squeezing the juice from vegetables and fruits, you will need a juicer. You can grind a blender only fruit with soft and juicy pulp, after which the resulting mixture should be diluted in half with water.
One-day juice diet
The first version of the juice diet – one-day – is a preparatory stage before the main program of rejuvenation of the body. A one-day juice diet can also be an option for a fasting day.
Throughout the day, you need to drink vegetable juices and broths, herbal decoctions and clean water. To make it easier to move this juice day, the day before, it is recommended to eat a light salad of non-starchy vegetables (tomato, cucumber, cabbage), seasoned with lemon juice.
You can not drink industrial juices: they will not bring benefits. Vegetable juices for diet should be squeezed before consuming them. For a juice fasting day, juices are prepared from beets, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, sweet peppers, herbs and parsley and celery roots. You can make a cocktail of several juices.
A one-day diet provides 5 meals:
- Breakfast – herbal tea / green tea with lemon / hot water with lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper + a glass of freshly squeezed juice (vegetable or fruit).
- Second breakfast – herbal tea + a glass of vegetable juice + a glass of water with lemon (or vitamin C).
- Lunch – a cocktail of juices of eight vegetables / vegetable juice.
- Tea time – a glass of water with lemon + warm vegetable broth / vegetable juice.
- Dinner – vegetable juice / avocado and cucumber cocktail / avocado and carrot cocktail.
Thus, the total amount of fluid entering the body is 9 glasses (about 2 l). After a one-day juice diet, the author recommends a two-day raw food diet (eating raw vegetables and fruits), during which they also drink a lot of juice.
The five-day diet provides for the observance of the same menu for all five days. It is necessary to eat during this variant of weight loss six times a day:
- 8: 00 – breakfast: a cup of green tea and a glass of apple juice;
- from 10: 00 to 12: 00 – lunch: a glass of juice from lemons, oranges and pineapple;
- 13: 00 – lunch: a smoothie of vegetables and fruits (beets, carrots, celery, apples);
- 15: 00 – snack: a glass of any juice;
- 18: 00 – Dinner: A glass of pineapple juice and 100 of fresh pineapple;
- 21: 00 – a snack before bedtime: a glass of vegetable juice (carrot, tomato, a mixture of them).
If between receptions of this liquid food you really want to eat, you need to drink a glass of pure water or green tea without sugar and additives.
14 Day Juice Diet
14-day juice diet was developed as the main stage of complex cleansing and rejuvenation of the body. But this method of cleansing the body has gained great popularity as an effective tool for losing weight. This is a low-carb diet that you need to drink 8 glasses of water for every day.
During weight loss on a juice diet, it is forbidden to eat flour products, high-calorie foods, alcohol, sugar and sweets, coffee.
Depending on the taste preferences of losing weight and his will power for losing weight, you can choose one of three options for a diet on juices: the first (gentle), the second (moderate) and the third (strict).
This option involves replacing one of the meals with a glass of juice. For the rest, neither the regime nor the diet is changed. This option in terms of weight loss does not apply to fast. More often it is used to maintain weight, and not to reduce it. You can use this option for a long time, because it does not disturb the balance of substances in the body.
In order for the effect of this option to be noticeable, it is necessary to reduce the portions of food to 250-300 g, if possible to refuse fatty and fried foods, limit the consumption of sweets, sugar, reduce the amount of salt in food.
A moderate version of the juice diet is to replace the use of juice two meals a day, but rather – breakfast and dinner. Lunch should be made vegetarian, but if this is not possible – semi-vegetarian. This means that animal products should be excluded from the diet or reduce their amount in it. The volume of a lunch portion at this option is not limited.
The most optimal duration of a moderate version of the juice diet is 5-7 days. Its maximum duration should not exceed 14 days. In two weeks of staying on this variant of the diet, you can lose up to 7 kg of excess weight.
This is the most strict juice diet. It provides for the use during the day only fresh juices. Preference should be given to vegetable or fruit juices with pulp. At the same time, salt or sugar cannot be added to them.
Solid or semi-liquid food is prohibited in this version of the diet. Juices can be partially replaced with other liquids (teas, broths of wild rose, mineral water without gas). Liquids partially replacing freshly squeezed juices should be free of sugar or other sweeteners. The volume of fluid consumed per day should be at least 2 liters.
Being on a liquid diet is very difficult, but the results of this version of the diet are very revealing: losing weight loses up to one kilogram of weight per day.
Preparing for a diet
Sharply limit the diet, especially in the moderate and strict version of weight loss, it is undesirable. To enter the diet should be gradually. It is best to limit the diet in stages, moving every 2-3 of the day from a lighter version of the diet to a more strict one.
So, the first three days of entering the diet should be carried out in a gentle way, the next three days in moderate. Only from the sixth to seventh day can you switch completely to liquid nutrition. In addition, for 3-4 days before a strict juice diet, it is necessary to abandon high-calorie foods (smoked meats, fatty meat, sausages, fatty dairy products, potatoes). Thus, you can prepare the body for “deprivation” and reduce the likelihood of a breakdown.
On the day you need to drink at least 10 glasses of fresh juice. In order not to puzzle over the diet, you can take the approximate weekly menu as a basis, preparing the necessary products for all 7 days.
Prepare 2 l apple-carrot-pineapple juice. It can be a cocktail or three separate drinks with a total volume of up to two liters. Replacing juices with fruits or vegetables in natural form is undesirable. With a painful feeling of hunger, you can still eat one apple and one carrot on this day.
Juice for this day needs to be made from grapes. For spinning, you need to take red grapes or a mixture of white and red. It is allowed to eat a small grona of grapes in kind. In this case, the grapes should be only red varieties.
Cooking multifruit juice. For it, you can take apples, pears, plums, apricots, cherries or other traditional fruits and berries. The more diverse the composition of fruits in this cocktail, the more benefits the body will receive from it.
You can make a multivitamin juice. For its preparation take any vegetables and fruits (beets, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, apples, plums, currants).
Friday menu repeats the ration on Monday, Saturday – the ration on Tuesday. For sunday, you can choose the Wednesday or Thursday menu.
Out of the diet
The correct way out of the juice diet is the gradual introduction of semi-liquid into the diet, and later – solid food:
- on the first day, add a glass of low-fat kefir or yogurt without sugar and additives to the juice menu;
- on the second day – a portion of oatmeal in water (without sugar or salt);
- on the third day – a plate of vegetable soup-puree.
You can then boil or simmer the vegetables and cook stews or sautes from them. A week later, boiled fish and seafood are added to the ration, later – lean meat and so on.
In order to fix the result of weight loss for a long time, you need to continue to limit the salt in the dishes in the future. Such a rule should become an axiom for losing weight. Fatty, fried, sweet food should be on the menu only occasionally – 2-3 once a week.
An excellent addition to the diet menu are dosed physical activity, which include morning jogging, cycling or roller skating, fitness training, swimming.
Fasting juice days
If you keep the diet for several days hard, you can hold fasting juice days once a week. To do this, during the day you need to drink 2 l freshly squeezed juice from any vegetables and fruits. Preference should be given to non-starchy vegetables and non-sugar fruits (carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, green apples, cherries, oranges).
Advantages and disadvantages of the diet
Juice diet has many advantages over other diets:
- it is tasty (the choice of vegetables and fruits for juices depends on the taste of the slimming person);
- effective (you can lose weight on 7 kg for a week on it);
- has a detox effect (plant fiber and pectins bind toxins and toxins, improve intestinal motility and contribute to its natural cleansing)
- has an antiatherosclerotic effect (reduces cholesterol and triglycerides);
- normalizes the secretion of digestive juices, pancreatic secretions, bile;
- enriches the body with vitamins and mineral salts;
- improves skin, nails, hair.
With so many benefits, the juice diet is unbalanced, so you shouldn’t sit on it for more than 2 weeks. Among the other disadvantages of this diet is the lack of complete proteins. Animal proteins are necessary for the human body, as they are sources of essential amino acids. These amino acids are the building material for cell walls, immune protein complexes, and hormone synthesis.
Contraindications for weight loss
After consuming fruit juice in the body losing weight, there is a short-term increase in blood sugar, so the diet is not suitable for patients with diabetes. Due to the calorie deficiency, the juice diet is also not suitable for those who lead an active lifestyle. It is impossible to lose weight with its help for children and adolescents, weakened sick, pregnant and lactating women, the elderly.
Before losing weight with such a strict method, all people with chronic diseases (endocrine, gastrointestinal, renal), you should consult with your doctor.
Juice diet is a good way to lose weight and clear the intestines of toxins before traveling to the sea. In winter, losing weight is harder to use because fresh fruits and vegetables are less available. But for those who wish to lose weight with health benefits, there are no obstacles. Drink juices and lose weight with pleasure!