In pursuit of a slender figure, they try to choose some kind of diet, or they completely deplete the body with starvation. But, you need to lose weight properly, the diet used should not only demonstrate excellent results regarding weight loss, but also not harm health.
A low-calorie diet is one of the surest ways to bring your weight in order safely and effortlessly. This option is just perfect for people suffering from obesity and 2 type diabetes.
- 1 Classic low-calorie diet – description
- 2 Prohibited foods with a low calorie diet
- 3 List of allowed products
- 4 Sample menu for 7 days
- 5 Low Calorie Recipes
- 6 Properly exit the diet
- 7 Effects of a low-calorie diet on pregnant women
Classic low-calorie diet – description
A low-calorie diet involves reducing calorie intake by limiting fats and simple carbohydrates. Since it is impossible to disturb the natural metabolic processes of the body, the consumption of proteins increases.
There are several rules that must be followed to obtain maximum effect and to improve health.
The daily calorie intake of food should not exceed 1300 kilocalories (for women) and 1500 kilocalories (for men).
The daily rate of fat should not be more than eighty grams. The daily rate of complex carbohydrates – one hundred grams, while the consumption of simple carbohydrates should be reduced to zero.
It is important to maintain the body’s water balance, and drink at least 2 liters of pure water. Complete exclusion of sugar. The complete absence of contraindications: gastritis, ulcer, bowel obstruction, high blood pressure, etc.
Prohibited foods with a low calorie diet
One of the nuances of this type of weight loss is the monotony of nutrition. All products – meat, fish, vegetables are consumed exclusively in boiled or steamed form.
The lowest-calorie diet involves the use of special nutrient mixtures, whose role – the suppression of a strong sense of hunger.
Adhering to a low-calorie or protein diet, you need to remove such foods from your diet:
- bakery products based on puff pastry or fancy pastry;
- potato soups with cereals;
- fatty meats: goose, duck, lamb, pork;
- fatty fish;
- oatmeal, semolina and rice porridge;
- marinades and pickles;
- fruit and sweet berries;
- any kind of sweets and desserts.
List of allowed products
The range of permitted products is huge, only they need to be able to cook properly. It is allowed to eat: bread, vegetable soups, low-fat varieties of meat and fish, dairy products with a limited percentage of fat. For a balanced low-calorie diet, the following foods are recommended:
- bread: protein-wheat, protein-bran, rye and wheat (subject to the use of wholemeal flour);
- soups – a maximum of three hundred grams in one go. Soups should be without potatoes (cabbage soup, okroshka, not fried borsch);
- meat – the daily norm is up to one hundred and fifty grams of lean meat (chicken, quail, veal, rabbit, turkey). Meat can only be eaten boiled or steamed;
- lean fish – a maximum of two hundred grams per day. The fish is steamed, baked or boiled;
- all dairy and fermented milk products should be as fat free as possible;
- eggs – up to two eggs per day, boiled or cooked in the form of an omelet (without the yolk);
- cereals – boiled, buckwheat, pearl barley in boiled form;
- vegetables – tomatoes, turnips, pumpkin, radishes, lettuce, cucumbers, cabbage, celery, it is allowed to use both boiled and raw.
Calculate the amount of food consumed (indicated daily rate) can be on the table:
|Dietary options||Basic diet||Moderately restricted diet||Maximum Diet|
|Energy intensity (kcal)||1600-1850||1100-1270||630-840|
Morning – a cup of tea with one or two teaspoons of honey, after twenty minutes – forty grams of hard cheese with a fat content of not more than 17%.
Lunch – one hard boiled egg, a salad from cabbage (use lemon juice for dressing) and one apple.
Dinner – one hundred and twenty grams of boiled beef, a salad of non-starchy vegetables – up to two hundred grams.
For snacks you can eat one apple.
Morning – a cup of tea with honey, two hours a hundred grams of cheese or seventy-five grams of meat.
Lunch – one medium baked potato, cabbage salad with apple and lemon dressing.
Dinner – one hundred and twenty grams of boiled chicken, a salad of non-starchy vegetables.
For a snack, one pear cut into pieces.
Morning – a cup of tea with honey and lemon (to taste). Two hours later, thirty grams of cheese or eighty grams of cheese with two bread rolls.
Lunch – two hundred grams of boiled cod, coleslaw with apple, seasoned with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Dinner – two hundred grams vinaigrette (without potatoes).
As a snack – one medium-sized grapefruit.
Unloading day, during which one kilogram of completely fat-free cottage cheese and 2 liter of mineral water (non-carbonated) are allowed.
The second unloading day for which you need to eat two kilograms of apples and drink 2 liters of mineral water (non-carbonated).
Morning – a cup of tea with lemon and honey (to taste), in two hours – seventy five grams of meat or one hundred grams of cheese.
Dinner – one baked medium potato, cabbage salad with apple and lemon.
Dinner – twenty grams of boiled or steamed beef, a salad of non-starchy vegetables.
For snacks it is allowed to eat one sliced pear.
Morning – a cup of tea with lemon and honey, in two hours – from 30 to 80 grams of cheese with two loaves.
Lunch – two hundred grams of boiled or steamed cod, cabbage salad, apple and lemon juice.
Dinner – two hundred grams of vinaigrette without adding potatoes.
For a snack, eat one medium-sized ripe grapefruit.
The given ration is approximate, it can be adjusted, replace some products equivalent in energy and nutritional composition. Diets for weight loss can be followed for a maximum of a month, all meals should be clearly calculated and balanced.
Low Calorie Recipes
Below are a few low-calorie recipes with dietary and healthy products:
- Dietary vinaigrette – one large boiled beetroot, two large boiled carrots, one hundred and fifty grams of sauerkraut (before adding to the salad, be sure to rinse in water). Finely chop all the boiled vegetables, add cabbage, two tablespoons of boiled or canned peas, mix everything and season with a spoon of olive oil and a spoon of lemon juice. Do not salt or pepper.
- Baked potatoes – wash one medium potato, leave in a peel, cut in half, put on a baking sheet with parchment, sprinkle with a little olive oil and sprinkle generously with dill (use only fresh). Put in an oven heated to one hundred and eighty degrees, bake until fully cooked (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Vegetable salad – one hundred grams of celery (stalks), lemon juice, chop everything in a blender – this is a dressing. For the base: bell pepper, lettuce, basil and two hundred grams of tomatoes. Cut everything into small cubes and season with celery-lemon mixture.
- Low-calorie salad – one hundred grams of low-fat cottage cheese, dill, parsley, yogurt, two cucumbers, radishes, Chinese cabbage. Grind greens and mix with yogurt. Grind all vegetables and mix with cottage cheese and dressing.
Properly exit the diet
Low-calorie diet refers to the rapid methods of losing weight and does not involve prolonged adherence. In order to properly get out of the diet, while not harming your body by sudden overloading of the gastrointestinal tract, you need to increase the caloric content gradually, daily.
Every day you need to increase the calorie intake by one hundred fifty-two hundred kilocalories, also gradually increasing the intake of carbohydrates and fats. During the period of release, carefully monitor the state of your weight, as soon as you noticed that the weight began to return, reduce the calorie content by two hundred calories and stay at this point – this will be the most optimal diet for your body.
Effects of a low-calorie diet on pregnant women
This type of diet is completely contraindicated for women during pregnancy and lactation, since for the full intrauterine development of the child, you need to regularly use the necessary amount of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and trace elements.
There are many balanced low-calorie diets for every day on online forums, and reviews with expected results and side effects are written there.
Want to quickly and without harm to health lose those extra pounds, then a low-calorie diet is what you need. Before any experiments with weight, it is important to undergo a full examination and consult a doctor regarding the presence or absence of contraindications – this is a very important point.
It is also recommended to pack any diet with moderate physical exertion in order to tighten sagging skin.
Lose weight correctly and wisely!