A meat diet is a way to lose weight for lazy meat lovers. “Eat and grow thin!” Is the motto of a meat diet. The main advantage of this method of losing weight is the lack of hunger, so it is suitable for those who do not have the patience and willpower to follow strict diets. The meat diet is one of the protein diets: it is built according to their principle.
Depending on the weight, who wants to lose weight, he can choose one of several diet options: seven- and ten-day. This method is not only effective for losing weight: it helps to dry the body for those involved in bodybuilding or strength exercises. For these purposes, the portions of the recommended dietary menu should be increased, and the rest adhere to the same principles.
Principles of diet
The diet is based on a sharp restriction on the amount of easily digestible carbohydrates coming from food, with a sufficient level of protein in it. Protein is the building material for all body cells. In the digestive system, proteins are digested longer than carbohydrates, so the body spends more energy on the same carbohydrates to digest food. The human body has a strategic energy reserve in the form of glycogen and fat. In conditions of deficiency of easily digestible sugars, glycogen is first broken down, and after it – fats. This is the essence of the meat diet.
Sources of pure high-grade protein are animal products: meat, fish, eggs, dairy products. Dairy products, in addition to protein, also contain many carbohydrates – lactose, so they are not suitable for a meat diet.
Of meat, preference for the diet menu is given to its white varieties, which include poultry fillet (chicken, turkey), quail, rabbit meat. It is also allowed to eat veal or lean beef. Prohibited include all fatty meats (pork, fatty beef, duck). Low-fat meat contains a lot of protein, but it contains almost no carbohydrates and low fat.
Fish that are allowed to be consumed during the diet include marine fish and skinny river fish. Fish is rich in protein, and marine fish, in addition, contains essential polyunsaturated omega fatty acids, which are a powerful anti-atherosclerotic factor. Fatty river fish (silver carp, carp, catfish) is not recommended for diet. The fats of river fish are not as healthy as sea fats. Seafood is allowed in the diet menu.
Only fresh chicken (up to 7 days) and quail eggs are considered dietary. Egg white is a source of essential amino acids. Egg yolk contains a lot of fats (saturated and unsaturated), fat-soluble vitamins, minerals. Since eggs are quite high in calories, their number in the diet menu is strictly regulated – no more than one or two per day.
For dietary purposes, meat and fish can be boiled, stewed, baked, grilled and steamed. It is also possible to fry meat and fish, but not more than once a week, while using only refined olive oil. But still, fried foods for the duration of the diet should be discarded altogether.
A nice bonus for losing weight with a meat diet is that vegetables are included in the diet menu. These should be non-starchy vegetables: cucumbers, cabbage, bell peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables. It is allowed to eat vegetables in kind, prepare salads from them, bake in their own juice, boil, stew, and steam. Lemon juice and a spoonful of vegetable oil can be added to vegetable salads for taste.
Meat diet is quite effective. Reviews of her supporters claim that staying on it, you can lose weight up to 7 kg in 10 days. To lose this weight, you must strictly follow the rules of the meat diet:
- The best time to lose weight with a meat diet is summer. In the summer, it is easier to lose weight and has a minimum of side effects in the form of bloating, constipation.
- Half an hour before meals, you should drink a glass of clean water. This will reduce the free volume of the stomach.
- You can drink water an hour after eating.
- You need to eat at least 5 once a day.
- The weight of a serving of meat or fish per meal is 150.
- The last meal is 2 hours before bedtime.
- Food cannot be salted. To add flavor to dishes, you can use spicy herbs, spices, garlic, lemon juice.
- Instead of salt, soy sauce can be added to dishes in small quantities. Before buying it, you need to study the composition of the product. In a natural sauce, which is prepared by fermentation, salt should not be in the composition.
It is recommended to drink clean water during the diet, teas without additives and sugar, decoctions of herbs, freshly squeezed juices from vegetables. The minimum volume of fluid is 2 L per day. Sometimes you can afford coffee without additives.
For weight loss, it is very useful to combine a diet with dosed physical activity 2-3 once a week. The calorie content of the menu is enough even for exercise in the gym or intense sports.
If the diet is used for drying athletes, the fluid intake should be sharply limited. The amount of permitted water in this case must be determined by the trainer.
During weight loss can not eat high-calorie, fatty, sweet and spicy dishes. The list of prohibited products includes:
- fatty meats and offal;
- sausages, smoked meats (they contain milk powder, salt, food additives, preservatives);
- dairy products;
- flour and bakery products;
- cereals, rice, buckwheat;
- confectionery, sweets, including sugar and its substitutes;
- any fruits (except green apples and citrus fruits);
- carbonated drinks;
- industrial juices;
All products containing salt are also banned: canned food, pickles, marinades, sauces, ketchup. Starchy vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin, corn, beans, beets, carrots, zucchini, green peas) are subject to restriction.
Advantages and disadvantages
The diet on meat products has many advantages due to which it is often preferred by young active people:
- losing weight while losing weight does not have an acute sense of hunger;
- the amount of calories is sufficient to lead an active life;
- the diet includes a complete protein – building material for the whole organism;
- Excretion of excess fluid contributes to the formation of muscle relief in losing weight;
- fish, seafood and vegetable oils are rich in healthy unsaturated fats that clean the walls of blood vessels from cholesterol plaques;
- meat contains a lot of iron, which prevents the development of anemia in losing weight;
- egg yolk is rich in fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K);
- Vegetables contain plant fiber, which promotes natural bowel movement.
The diet is balanced, so the lack of nutrients, vitamins and minerals does not threaten slimming. However, the meat diet has its drawbacks:
- overstrain of the digestive system (pancreas, liver, intestines);
- excessive kidney stress;
Hyperazotemia leads to brain intoxication, which during the diet manifests itself in the form of irritability, anxiety, attacks of aggression.
Contraindications for weight loss
Protein load is dangerous for the kidneys, because the amount of nitrogenous bases – protein breakdown products – increases in the blood and, consequently, in the urine. Prolonged hyperazotemia, which is observed in the meat diet, leads to clogged renal glomeruli, which is dangerous by the development of kidney complications.
For this reason, the meat diet is not recommended for long-term use (more than 10 days), and is also forbidden for use in any kidney diseases, endocrine pathologies and metabolic diseases (diabetes, gout).
The kidneys of pregnant women are under double stress, so the meat diet is dangerous for them because of the risk of preeclampsia, eclampsia or renal failure.
If there are digestive problems or chronic diseases of the digestive organs, a meat diet is contraindicated. Chronic constipation is also a contraindication to the use of this type of weight loss. A large amount of protein in food slows down its absorption. The digestive glands work with overload, there is a relative deficiency of enzymes and bile. This leads to putrefactive fermentation of protein residues in the intestine. Putrefactive fermentation is accompanied by bloating, a violation of its peristaltic movements, inhibition of normal intestinal microflora.
Diet on a seven-day diet
For the weekly meat diet an approximate daily menu has been developed. Dietary rations can be interchanged, and the menu is allowed to make changes based on the tastes of losing weight.
- breakfast – boiled chicken egg + a cup of coffee;
- second breakfast – a glass of tomato juice;
- lunch – a portion of meat + baked eggplant + cucumber and tomato salad, seasoned with lemon juice + cup of tea;
- afternoon tea – one cucumber;
- dinner – boiled chicken egg + half servings of meat + cabbage salad with vegetable oil + vegetable smoothies.
- breakfast – scrambled eggs from one egg for a couple + a cup of coffee;
- the second breakfast – salad from carrot and green apple without dressing;
- lunch – a portion of fish + baked bell pepper + boiled broccoli, seasoned with vegetable oil + a cup of chamomile tea;
- snack – one apple;
- dinner – a serving of meat + blanched spinach with lemon juice and a tablespoon of raw pumpkin seeds.
The third day:
- breakfast – boiled chicken egg + a cup of coffee;
- second breakfast – half a grapefruit;
- lunch – a portion of meat + a glass of chicken broth with herbs + boiled beetroot salad with garlic, seasoned with vegetable oil + a cup of tea;
- afternoon tea – a glass of carrot and apple fresh;
- dinner – a portion of fish + steamed cauliflower sprinkled with soy sauce + a cup of herbal tea.
- breakfast – half a serving of fish + vegetable smoothies;
- second breakfast – orange;
- lunch – a portion of meat + cabbage and cucumber salad seasoned with vegetable oil + a cup of black tea;
- afternoon tea – a glass of juice from green apples;
- Dinner – an omelette of two eggs, cooked in a nonstick pan without butter + one tomato + a cup of sage tea.
- breakfast – boiled shrimp + a glass of orange fresh;
- second breakfast – a cup of coffee;
- lunch – a portion of fish + a salad of tomatoes and lettuce, seasoned with lemon juice + a cup of bacon;
- lunch – boiled egg + cucumber;
- dinner – a salad of tomato, cucumber and greens, seasoned with vegetable oil + a glass of vegetable smoothies.
- breakfast – half a serving of meat + a glass of apple-carrot juice;
- the second breakfast is an apple;
- lunch – seafood salad with soy sauce and lemon juice + boiled broccoli + a cup of mint tea;
- afternoon tea – six radishes;
- dinner – stewed mushrooms with eggplants and onions + a glass of tomato juice.
- breakfast – boiled chicken egg + a cup of black tea;
- the second breakfast – carrot;
- lunch – a portion of meat + baked vegetables (bell pepper, eggplant, tomato) + compote from cherries and plums;
- afternoon snack – one tomato;
- dinner – a portion of fish + blanched asparagus + a cup of tea.
For a week following this diet menu, you can lose weight up to 7 kg. At the same time, it is necessary to carefully go out of the diet, because with a quick return to the usual diet, the weight will return and may even exceed the initial one.
If losing weight is aimed at greater weight loss, or the recommended menu of the seven-day diet does not suit him, you can lose weight with the 10-day method. For decade weight loss, three day menu options are recommended, from which you can choose one or alternate them all.
The first menu option includes 300 g of meat, 500 g of vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, leafy greens), green or herbal tea. These products need to be divided into 5 servings.
In the second option, take five servings of meat in 80 g, non-starchy vegetables in 150 g and for the whole day – 2 l of pure water or a broth of wild rose.
The third option provides for 2 fish servings for 100 g, 3 meat portions for 80 g, one boiled egg. You can drink meat and fish broth, vegetable broth. In the morning have a cup of coffee. For 10 days on this diet, you can lose weight on 7-10 kg. Increasing the duration of this diet over ten days is not recommended.
Out of the diet
Begin to eat the usual dishes after this diet should be careful. Do not pounce on harmful food: the body quickly regains all the lost pounds. Therefore, to maintain the result of weight loss after a diet, it is recommended to leave the feed rate (5-6 times), limit the size of servings (to 250-300 g) and limit the salt content in dishes. Once a week you need to arrange the body fasting day – juice, fruit or vegetable. Jogging in the morning, cycling or swimming should be your daily routine.
Meat diet is well suited to meat and fish lovers. However, it should be remembered that the protein load can worsen the work of the urinary system, pancreas, liver, therefore, the drinking regime should be followed both during the diet and after it. If you develop the habit of eating often, but gradually, and drink two liters of pure water a day, the result of losing weight will last for a long time.