Onion soup is a specialty of France and it is with it that a very popular onion diet has been associated recently. Perhaps it is in him that lies the secret to the harmony of French women. And this is not surprising, because onions are a rather valuable and useful vegetable that contains in itself in large quantities the substances necessary for the normal functioning of the body. In ancient times, the Egyptians considered it a symbol of victory, and the Slavs – a panacea for all diseases.
It is still believed that eating onions effectively protects against colds and viral diseases, and therefore it is often used in the autumn-winter period to prevent seasonal diseases. But this vegetable is also very good for weight loss. This is due to its low calorie content and extraordinary nutritional value. That is why the onion diet is in great demand not only in France, but also in our country.
- 1 Useful properties of the onion diet
- 2 Advantages, disadvantages and contraindications of the onion diet
- 3 Onion diet menu for the week
- 4 Onion Soup Recipes
- 5 Useful properties of onion soup
- 6 Conclusions
Useful properties of the onion diet
As already mentioned, the use of onions is known since ancient times. It has long been attributed amazing properties that gave it downright magical powers. With his help, it was possible to get unprecedented courage and powerful forces, he charged with vigor and energy and was a powerful shield from various ailments. To date, scientists have solved the riddle of this useful vegetable. The whole secret lies in its chemical composition, in which large quantities of volatile substances are contained, which contribute to the suppression of the growth and development of various pathogenic bacteria.
Onions contain very little fat (about 0,2 grams) and protein (about 1,4 grams), while having calories in the 40 kcal area. This is just a godsend for nutritionists. At the same time, it contains a fairly rich vitamin complex and valuable mineral composition. It is famous for the content of iron, cobalt, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and calcium. It also contains beneficial malic and citric acids, nitrous substances, sucrose, fructose, glucose and maltose.
It is rich in valuable fiber, as well as B vitamins, vitamin A and PP. Especially a lot of ascorbic acid is contained in it, which along with phytoncides helps the body to resist viral infections. Many are frightened by the bitter taste and bad breath after eating onions, which is difficult to get rid of. But this is not a reason to abandon such a useful vegetable due to small prejudices.
Thanks to this beneficial chemical composition, onions contribute to:
- strengthen the immune system, increases the body’s natural defense against environmental factors;
- improving the work of the stomach and intestines, better digestion of food;
- normalization of the work of vessels and heart muscle;
- removal of nervous overstrain, improvement of sexual activity;
- lowering bad cholesterol in the blood;
- cancer prevention;
- improve skin condition, strengthen hair and nails.
In addition, onions helps to get rid of excess fluid in the body, removes harmful slags and dangerous toxins, helps normalize metabolic processes. It has a slight diuretic and choleretic effect. Due to all these useful properties, it is very much appreciated in the dietary practice and helps to effectively get rid of extra pounds of weight.
Advantages, disadvantages and contraindications of the onion diet
The advantages of this method for losing weight include the following factors:
- effectiveness and significant results of the onion diet – minus eight kilograms in seven days;
- positive effect on various internal organs and body systems;
- normalization of metabolic processes and the acceleration of metabolism, which will prevent the dropped pounds to return again;
- significant improvement in appearance against the background of weight loss;
- the diet is well tolerated, since the amount of onion soup is unlimited;
- variety of daily diet and approved foods;
- ease of use and low cost products.
There are few disadvantages of such a weight loss system, but it is necessary to note them:
- the main disadvantage is the bitter-sweet taste of the vegetable and the unpleasant smell from the mouth after its use;
- This method for losing weight does not work for sweets, as you cannot eat sweets during the onion diet;
- Not everyone likes onion soup, the presence of spicy herbs, spices and seasonings will help to sufficiently improve it.
The onion diet is contraindicated in people who are prone to gastrointestinal diseases, suffer from gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. Before you “sit down” on such a diet program, it is best to consult with a nutritionist about possible consequences and recommendations for achieving the best result. This is especially true for those who already have problems with the violation of the digestive system or with the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
But for those who suffer from cardiovascular problems, this method for weight loss will be very useful.
What kind of onions can be used with an onion diet? Leek, which is very in harmony with various vegetable and diet dishes and has the lowest calorie, has proven itself best in this regard. But any other onion varieties will also be very helpful. True, eating bitter onions is not entirely pleasant, but you can cook very effective fat-burning onion soup from it.
The onion diet for 7 days is quite diverse. With this method of weight loss it is allowed to use onion fat-burning soup in unlimited quantities, in addition to it you can use fruits and vegetables, as well as some low-fat meats. It is strictly forbidden to take alcoholic beverages, sugary sodas, bread, fried, flour and sweet foods throughout the dietary program.
During this diet, you need to use a large amount of liquid, which can be used as non-carbonated mineral water, green, herbal or black tea without additives, as well as natural freshly brewed coffee.
Exemplary dietary intake for 7 days:
- first day – various fruits in any quantity are allowed and onion soup, which can also be consumed as much as you feel hungry, from the liquid cranberry juice, freshly brewed tea or natural black coffee will be useful;
- the second day – unlike the first day, instead of fruits, you can eat an unlimited number of vegetables in any form (raw, canned, processed), you can also eat baked potatoes, various herbs and the already familiar onion soup;
- the third day – on this day, along with the fat-burning onion soup, you can eat both fruits and vegetables, but the potatoes must be excluded from the diet;
- the fourth day – this day is absolutely identical to the third day, skim milk and banana will be its bonus, and of course we must not forget about water;
- fifth day – on this day you can treat yourself to meat or fish dishes, tomatoes, all the same onion soup, but completely eliminate the fruit component;
- sixth day – low-fat beef or veal, onion soup, a lot of green vegetables: lettuce, cucumbers, cabbage, green pepper;
- the seventh day – again an unlimited amount of onion soup, you can diversify the menu with rice, vegetables combined with it and freshly squeezed fruit juices without sugar.
Onion Soup Recipes
Currently, there are many options for cooking fat-burning onion soup. One of the main ingredients of this dietary French dish is: celery, bell peppers, onions, cabbage and tomatoes. Reviews of those who have lost weight on this diet often say that daily intake of the same dish quickly bothers, which leads to disruption of the diet program. In order to make onion soup glad with new tastes every time and play with new colors, several of his recipes were invented. Now every day you can cook different delicious dietary stews and not experience stress due to the monotony.
Onion soup with celery
To make this tasty and light soup you will need:
- white cabbage or Chinese cabbage;
- leek or bulb – six heads;
- sweet green pepper – 2;
Finely chop all the vegetables, put them in a saucepan and cook until cooked, pour in clean water. You can add a little salt and spices to taste.
Onion soup with cabbage and carrots
To make this dietary option you will need:
- onions or leeks – 10 pieces;
- cabbage – 500 gram;
- carrots – 1 piece;
- Bay leaf;
- spices and salt.
Finely chop the onions and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown, add water to it and add chopped cabbage and grated carrots, also put spices, salt and bay leaf into the pan. Cook until cooked on low heat, then season with fried flour. Before serving, add a little greens.
Onion soup with melted cheese
To prepare this dish you will need:
- bulb onions;
- milk – 100 grams;
- processed cheese.
Cut onions into rings, fry in vegetable oil and add water with the addition of milk. Melt the processed cheese in a water bath and send to a pot with soup, salt, season with spices.
Onion French soup from Julia Vysotsky
To prepare this culinary masterpiece you will need:
- onion – 3 pieces;
- flour – one tablespoon;
- white dry wine – 100 ml;
- chicken bouillon.
Cut onions into rings and fry over medium heat, slightly sweeten and salt. After adding fire and pour in flour, pour wine and half chicken stock. Bring all this to a boil and pour in the remaining broth. Cook for about ten minutes, salt, add spices to taste. Before serving, it is necessary to pour the soup into ceramic pots, put dried baguette cubes, sprinkle with grated cheese and send to the oven until a beautiful golden crust appears on top.
Useful properties of onion soup
Onion soup is not only effective in losing weight. It also helps to cope with various diseases. Therapeutic onion chowders are:
- Onion Soup Broyce stops the growth and development of malignant tumors, removes the risk of cancer tumors. You can prepare it as follows: finely chop one onion with the husk, lightly fry in vegetable oil, and cook until ready, pre-filled with clean water. After strain through cheesecloth. Ready broth to drink in conjunction with other medicinal infusions. The duration of treatment is forty-two days.
- Onion soup from osteoporosis is prepared in the same way as in the first variant, but the duration of treatment is reduced to thirty days.
- Onion soup from hangovers and colds has a powerful warming effect and is a product that in France is considered similar to Russian brine.
Onion diet is a very effective and sufficiently effective program for weight loss, which, with strict observance of all the rules, allows you to lose up to eight kilograms of excess weight in just seven days. In addition, even if you do not fully comply with all its provisions, and sometimes allow yourself extra products, the effect will still be good enough.
The minimum weight, which managed to get rid of during this time was four kilograms, and this is also pretty good. In addition, for lovers of extreme there are monodiets on the onion soup, where no other products are allowed except this one. Such unloading diets allow you to get rid of a large number of extra pounds in a record short time.
However, such systems can significantly harm health, so they need to adhere to no more than two days. And of course, before you try this miracle method for losing weight on yourself, you should consult with a dietitian who will help you choose the most suitable program for losing weight and cope with the problems arising at each stage.