Such a valuable, tasty and healthy vegetable, like pumpkin, could not ignore the diet. Pumpkin diet will be appreciated by both lovers of this vegetable and those who want to quickly lose a few pounds of excess weight without much effort. After all, losing weight with the help of such a diet is a pleasure. The basis of this methodology for weight loss is the daily use of pumpkins, which, being a very low-calorie product, helps to effectively and painlessly get rid of extra pounds and at the same time feel quite comfortable without experiencing a painful hunger.
- 1 The benefits of pumpkin, its seeds and juice for weight loss
- 2 Advantages, disadvantages and contraindications of pumpkin diet
- 3 The basic rules of pumpkin diet
- 4 Pumpkin diet for four days
- 5 Weekly pumpkin diet
- 6 Pumpkin Seed Diet
- 7 Pumpkin Diet
- 8 Pumpkin Diet Recipes
- 9 Conclusions
The benefits of pumpkin, its seeds and juice for weight loss
Pumpkin is low in calories, and therefore very valuable in terms of losing weight. In addition, its rich chemical composition is represented by a unique mineral complex and valuable vitamin composition, which are very useful for the body during the period of intensive weight loss.
Pumpkin contains a lot of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, pectin and zinc. It contains organic acids and healthy vitamins, such as vitamin A, tocopherol, thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic and ascorbic acid, as well as niacin and nicotinic acid. In addition, pumpkin contains carnitine (vitamin T), which provokes an acceleration of metabolic processes in the body, thereby reducing the risk of obesity. In addition, it does not allow fats to accumulate on the walls of blood vessels and helps to eliminate harmful toxins and dangerous toxins.
This useful vegetable contains large amounts of dietary fiber necessary for normalizing digestion processes. Pumpkin seeds have a lot of vegetable protein, oils, and also contain useful unsaturated fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3. Thanks to these substances, pumpkin seeds also play an important role in dietary programs.
For nutritional purposes pumpkin can be used in any form: fresh, boiled, steamed, stewed. With its help, delicious dietary soups, pancakes, cereals and casseroles, pancakes and desserts are prepared, which are not inferior in taste to familiar dishes. Moreover, pumpkin is used as a preventive measure against cancer and diseases of the cardiovascular system. The fact that this vegetable has a rather long shelf life is important, so you can easily stick to a pumpkin diet in the winter.
Pumpkin oil helps to improve the functioning of the intestines and other internal organs and systems. It has an antiparasitic, antioxidant effect, has an anti-sclerotic effect and hepatoprotective properties.
Eating pumpkin seeds has a beneficial effect on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in the body. When dieting, they compensate for the lack of healthy fats and prevent the body from switching to an energy-saving mode. In addition, pumpkin seeds can be successfully used as a snack.
Fresh squeezed pumpkin juice has a wonderful diuretic effect, which helps to remove excess fluid, harmful toxins and dangerous toxins from the body, and also helps to get rid of puffiness.
Advantages, disadvantages and contraindications of pumpkin diet
Pumpkin diet has many advantages, which include:
- good body saturation, so you can not experience a keen sense of hunger for a long time;
- the beneficial effect of the pumpkin on the body, thanks to the beneficial elements that make up its composition;
- vision improvement;
- normalization of the nervous system, prevention of stress and depression;
- prevention of constipation and gastrointestinal problems;
- increased immunity, normalization of cholesterol in the blood;
- prevention of early aging;
- improvement of skin, hair and nails, strengthening teeth.
The disadvantages of pumpkin diets include:
- does not suit those who do not like this vegetable, because they can not withstand its daily use;
- imbalance of this method for losing weight can lead to a lack of useful minerals and vitamins.
Contraindications to the use of such a system for weight loss are:
- acute or chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- elderly and children’s age.
The use of mono-diet is also not recommended for people who are actively involved in sports. It is better for them to choose a more benign version of the pumpkin diet. It is recommended that before using such a system for weight loss, consult a dietitian with a doctor about the possible consequences of such a diet, the appointment of a vitamin complex, if necessary.
The basic rules of pumpkin diet
Reviews of many thinned people say that in order to get good results, you must strictly follow some rules:
- the duration of the diet program should not exceed 14 days;
- allowed at this stage the use of low-fat varieties of meat, fish, honey, vegetables, low-fat cottage cheese and some sweet fruits;
- as a liquid, you can use freshly squeezed pumpkin juice, freshly brewed green tea, drinking still mineral water;
- snacks between main meals are prohibited;
- significantly reduce the intake of salt and sugar;
- you should not get enough for the night;
- during the diet you should eat three or four meals a day and eat at the same time;
- dinner should be no later than six in the evening.
Pumpkin diet for four days
This diet program is designed for twelve days. The menu of such a diet involves the passage of three cycles of four days each. The results of such a weight loss plan are truly impressive. With this technique, you can get rid of eight kilograms of excess weight. You can not eat any sweets and alcoholic beverages on a four-day diet. It is recommended to minimize the use of spices and salt. During the passage of such a dietary program, you need to drink a lot of pure still mineral water, vegetable and fruit juices, fruit drinks and herbal decoctions.
Sample menu four-day diet can be represented as follows.
The first day:
- in the morning – 250 grams of pumpkin and brown rice porridge, pumpkin salad with fruits;
- in the afternoon – 250 grams of pumpkin puree;
- in the evening – 200 gram pumpkin casserole, one apple.
- in the morning – pumpkin-oatmeal in the amount of 250 grams;
- in the afternoon – any soup in the amount of 250 ml;
- in the evening – 200 gram of pineapple and pumpkin salad.
- in the morning – 250 gram pumpkin ragout with vegetables;
- in the afternoon – potato pancakes and 250 ml of any soup;
- in the evening – one apple baked in the oven.
- in the morning – 250 gram pumpkin cutlets;
- in the afternoon – soup with meatballs, in the amount of 250 ml;
- in the evening – 200 grams of pumpkin-fruit salad.
Weekly pumpkin diet
This diet is designed for exactly seven days. According to this method of losing weight, you need to eat pumpkin porridge with rice or millet twice a day. Cereals can be used in turn. Preparing such a porridge is quite simple: two hundred grams of pumpkin pulp accounts for fifty grams of millet or any rice. One portion must be eaten in the morning, the other in the evening at dinner. For lunch, you need to use pumpkin puree. Snacks are not recommended, but if you are absolutely unbearable, you can use the same pumpkin puree or unsweetened fruits. Before bedtime, eating is not recommended. With such a system of weight loss, you also need to drink a large amount of still mineral water, weak freshly brewed tea and natural black coffee.
Sugar and sweeteners to use with this method for losing weight is prohibited.
Pumpkin Seed Diet
This diet program is designed for four days. Exceeding its duration is not recommended, so as not to cause unnecessary harm to health. This weight loss method involves adding pumpkin seeds to low-fat cottage cheese with fruits or low-fat yogurt, you can use them in vegetable and fruit salads. It is sometimes permitted to replace pumpkin seeds for breakfast, lunch or dinner. An example menu with such a system for losing weight may look like this:
- breakfast – 250 grams of pumpkin-almond puree or porridge;
- lunch – 150 grams of vegetable or fruit salad using pumpkin seeds;
- afternoon tea – 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese;
- dinner – 30 grams pumpkin seed.
Fresh pumpkin juice helps to get rid of obesity, is used for anemia, and also to relieve chronic fatigue and weakness. It is very effective in terms of weight loss, so it will be good if once a week to arrange a fasting day on pumpkin juice. On such days you can get rid of two kilograms of excess weight. This day implies only pure non-carbonated mineral water and freshly squeezed pumpkin juice. There is also a diet on pumpkin juice, adhering to which you can lose up to five kilograms of weight within three days. Sample menu of such a diet:
- breakfast – 250 ml of fresh squeezed juice from pumpkin, two slices of rye bread, 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese with fruit;
- lunch – one apple;
- lunch – 200 ml of fresh pumpkin juice, 100 grams of boiled fish or boiled rice with vegetables;
- dinner – 100 ml of freshly squeezed pumpkin juice, boiled vegetables or boiled potatoes with tomato.
Pumpkin Diet Recipes
To make this delicious dietary meal you will need:
- pumpkin pulp – 200 grams;
- kefir – two tablespoons;
- flour – four tablespoons;
- salt, soda, vegetable oil.
Mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous substance and bake like regular pancakes.
Pumpkin Cream Soup With Vegetables
To prepare this dish you will need:
- pumpkin pulp – 200 grams;
- sweet pepper – 1 thing;
- potatoes – 1 thing;
- carrots – 1 piece;
- tomato – 1 thing;
- salt, vegetable oil, greens.
Vegetables pour water, salt and cook over low heat. After whipping them in a blender until smooth and mix with the finished vegetable broth. Before serving, decorate with greens.
For cooking pumpkin porridge you will need:
- pumpkin pulp – 500 grams;
- butter – a small piece;
- any rice – two glasses;
- milk – 500 grams.
Grate the pumpkin on a fine grater. Cook rice until half cooked, add grated pumpkin and simmer until cooked. Then add milk and butter, close the lid and insist for twenty minutes.
Pumpkin diet is a fairly simple and effective way to get rid of a few extra pounds in a short period of time. There are many varieties of such a diet: there are unloading pumpkin days, and a four-day pumpkin diet, and a weekly plan for losing weight on a pumpkin, and even a longer 12-day diet.
It remains only to choose the one that is most liked. Reviews of many thinned out say that the results of such a diet are quite good: for 14 days of a diet, you can lose weight on 8 a kilogram, without making incredible efforts.
However, it should be remembered that with this method for losing weight there are a number of contraindications, so before applying it is better to consult with a specialist.