If you decide to improve your appearance with Botox injections, then you should be prepared not only for a positive result. Unfortunately, a popular remedy has many side effects, the effect of which negatively affects the appearance and health of a person. But most of them can be avoided, for this you need to know what you can not do after Botox. Let’s talk about the basic precautions that will help to consolidate a positive result and prevent the occurrence of negative reactions.
- 1 Principle of drug action
- 2 Step one – how to defeat swelling
- 3 Step two – giving up bad habits
- 4 Step Three: Botox and Sport, Reduce Workloads
- 5 Fourth step: Botox and drugs, combine correctly
- 6 Step Five – Limit the Effect of High Temperatures
- 7 Step Six – Take Vertical Position
- 8 List of Additional Prohibitions
Principle of drug action
The main active component of Botox is the botulinum toxin type A, the action of which is to block the work of nerve endings. The muscle in which the drug was injected temporarily stops contracting, and the skin above it is smoothed, becoming a smoother look. The effect is short-term: after 5-6 months, the composition is removed from the body.
Since the main component of Botox is the toxin (simply poison), it can lead to a significant number of side effects. Fortunately, most of them can be avoided, and for this it is recommended to follow the recommendations and limitations of the cosmetologist.
Step one – how to defeat swelling
The most common side effects of this procedure include swelling. To avoid such a phenomenon is quite difficult, it occurs in eight out of ten people who have done the procedure. However, you can significantly reduce the duration of the unpleasant phenomenon, as well as its size. To do this, you should be extremely careful about your own drinking regimen. Forget about the notorious standard of at least two liters of fluid per day, try to get by with less, and most importantly, do not drink in the evening, before going to bed.
Step two – giving up bad habits
Before and after the procedure, you can not drink alcohol. The thing is that all alcohol-containing drinks dilate blood vessels, which means that the injected agent may not spread correctly under the skin and lead to:
- weakening or neutralizing the effect;
- excessively enhanced result;
- the formation of bruises and bruises;
- serious health problems.
Get rid of the bad habit should be 48 hours before the injection and for at least one, and preferably two weeks after. Remember, both Botox and alcohol are not the most useful substances, but when combined, they give a rather strong load on the body.
Step Three: Botox and Sport, Reduce Workloads
It would seem, why increased physical activity can not be combined with Botox injections? In fact, everything is simple: exercises, inclinations, constant and active movement also stimulates the expansion of blood vessels and leads to an uneven distribution of composition. Combining Botox and sports, you can earn side effects such as:
- general weakness;
- loss of appetite;
- increased body temperature;
- slow or fast heartbeat;
- asymmetry of the face.
Loads should be minimized a day before the procedure, as well as a week after it. Then it is recommended to gradually return to normal loads, the most gentle recovery takes no more than 60 days.
Fourth step: Botox and drugs, combine correctly
Any doctor will warn you that that after Botox injections, antibiotics and a number of other medications should not be used.
In each case, the specialist independently determines the possibility of the patient using certain drugs. In this case, you should remember the existence of a basic list of prohibited medicines. These include:
- Tetracycline group of antibiotics (tablets, ointments). Reduce the expected effect. You should not drink such pills a couple of days before the procedure, as well as within a week after it.
- Bactericidal antibiotics aminoglycosides. The effect of such medicines is based on the blockade of muscle work, it is impossible to combine their use with the introduction of Botox, since the result after the injection will be unpredictable. Limitations are introduced for a standard period (two days before and seven days after).
- Analgesics (aspirin, etc.). Certain drugs of this series affect blood coagulation. Taking them after injections is a risk of bruising and bruising.
- Muscle relaxants. Weaken the neuromuscular system.
- Separate drugs that affect the nervous system and promote muscle relaxation.
- Vitamins of group B. Do not allow wrinkles to be completely smoothed.
Step Five – Limit the Effect of High Temperatures
After Botox, exposure to high temperatures on the treated skin should not be allowed. This rule is perhaps one of the most famous and basic in cosmetology and plastic. Hot air and water dilate blood vessels, which leads to the formation of an unexpected result. In most cases, the vessels expand under the influence of heat, which contributes to the maximum distribution of Botox, and hence a lower result. So what are the recommendations of specialists in this case? First of all, you should not:
- visit tanning salons;
- sunbathing in the sun or being outdoors for a long time at excessively high temperatures;
- visit baths, saunas, steam rooms and other similar institutions;
- to swim in the swimming pool;
- blow dry your head (if injections were made in the area of the face);
- wash / rinse the skin, which were injected, with hot water.
Step Six – Take Vertical Position
What else is impossible after Botox? It is extremely important not to forget to mention one of the basic rules – observing an upright position. Procedures for the introduction of the drug are carried out in patients in a reclining position. After all the manipulations have been completed, it is recommended that you stay upright for at least four hours, you can work, drive, walk, chat with people. At the same time, you should not go to bed or bend over, the price of forgetfulness is very high (for example, the effect of an overhanging century).
List of Additional Prohibitions
Let’s talk about what else cannot be done after the procedure. The list of prohibitions may seem rather impressive and consists of a number of rather strange rules. Even if they seem a little strange to you, do not try to neglect them. So, after the injection does not follow:
- touch the injection site, massage, knead, compress the skin;
- fly on a plane;
- perform heavy physical work (including housework);
How long does it take to comply with such recommendations? In each case, the specialist who administers the injections will tell you the specific numbers. The standard schedule of restrictions after the procedure is approximately 10-14 days.
Now you know what you cannot do after Botox injections. Be sure to follow the precautions prescribed by your doctor. This will help you achieve the desired effect and avoid unpleasant consequences. If you do not follow the simplest rules, then side effects will not take long.