Among the variety of modern cosmetology techniques carried out by injection, mesotherapy using drugs based on DMAE is especially distinguished. According to many experts and admirers of such procedures, just such a solution allows you to achieve maximum results in rejuvenation issues in the shortest possible time. Let’s talk about what a similar substance and preparations based on it are, how they differ from “cocktails” for classical mesotherapy and what result can be achieved with their help.
What is DMAE and how does it work?
The term DMAE is an abbreviation for dimethylaminoethanol. This unique substance is found in the tissues and cells of the human body, its natural source is the meat of salmon and other fish of this group.
Dimethylaminoethanol began to be actively used in cosmetology only in recent years, but in medicine, as a biologically active additive, it has been used for quite some time. The component was used to improve memory and sobriety of thought, as well as to improve sleep.
The idea of using dimethylaminoethanol as a cosmetic product is due to the study of its immuno-reducing properties. DMAE not only saturates the cells of the dermis, its action is directed along several vectors at once. So, the original substance contributes to:
- strengthening the cell membrane;
- the removal of toxins and toxins;
- stimulating the production of acetylcholine, a natural substance responsible for the elasticity of the skin.
Indications and expected results
The main purpose of the composition in which DMAE is present is rejuvenation of the skin of the face and body. Due to the presence of such a useful component, the rejuvenation procedure can be very effective for indications such as:
- sagging and decreased skin tone, floated contour of the face or its individual sections;
- facial wrinkles and folds;
- age-related pigmentation;
- superficial inflammations;
The use of formulations with DMAE is quite appropriate for any age category of the patient. Reviews of many women contain information that such drugs are quite relevant both for young skin, for prophylactic purposes, and for more mature women with already expressed problems. During the procedure in the area of the lips, some patients noted an increase in their tone and modeling of a more complete form, this is due to improved blood circulation in this area.
Carrying out the procedure using tools containing DMAE, helps restore muscle elasticity of the problem area, as well as increase skin density. The tissue becomes stronger and more flexible, which helps prevent and eliminate ptosis that has already begun. Additional positive effects of using a cocktail with DMAE include the anti-inflammatory effect. This property can significantly reduce the number of acne, as well as prevent their further appearance due to excessively contaminated skin.
Mesococktails with DMAE
Despite the fact that the use of DMAE in cosmetology has been practiced not so long ago, there are quite a few cocktails based on it for mesotherapy. So, the following tools are very popular:
- Mesoderm with elastin, vitamin C and DMAE for the prevention and elimination of signs of aging;
- Mesoderm Anti-Age (contains DMAE and Argireline);
- Kosmo-DMAE with DMAE and Hyaluronic Acid from Kosmo Teros;
- DMAE complex plus.
The main features of the procedure
Mesotherapy based on preparations containing DMAE has many features and differs significantly from other procedures based on popular mesococktails. The main distinguishing characteristics of such compositions are as follows:
- more operational visual effect (changes are noticeable after the first session, however, a pronounced result occurs only after four procedures);
- practicality (all manipulations are carried out within 10-20 minutes, which allows you to spend a minimum of personal time on rejuvenation);
- method of administration (injections are not carried out in the dermis, subcutaneously, but directly into the muscle);
- high pain during the introduction (due to the injection technique, local anesthesia does a poor job of stopping unpleasant sensations).
Before deciding to use drugs with DMAE, pay attention to the fact that the substance used to create them is not fully understood. That is why all possible risks lie, first of all, on the shoulders of the patient himself, who decided on the procedure. However, there are simply no preliminary significant contraindications to the use of such drugs.
The thing is that synthetic components do not cause rejection and exactly repeat the substances that are present in our body. In general, we can conclude that contraindications to the use of DMAE are reduced to such conditions as:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- exacerbation of a chronic disease or acute viral disease;
- severe ailments (such as cancer, diabetes, and others);
- individual intolerance to the components of the composition.
Having decided even on such a harmless procedure as mesotherapy, do not forget to attend a preliminary consultation to discuss all the nuances with a specialist.
Side effects and rules of the rehabilitation period
Mesotherapy based on drugs with DMAE, as already mentioned, is a rather painful procedure, having visited the first cosmetology session, be prepared for the manifestation of unpleasant sensations not only during exposure, but also after it. This reaction of the body is caused quite simply: during injections, the integrity of the skin is violated, beneficial components are injected under certain pressure directly into the muscle.
It is recommended that you simply endure the pain from injections during therapy, but what to do with the reactions of the body after the session? First you need to determine the acceptable consequences. After examining the patient reviews, we can conclude that the most common side effects for this procedure are:
- redness is punctate and extensive;
For the most part, such manifestations do not require any treatment, they disappear on their own after a few days (maximum 120 hours). If side effects bother you too much, use the simplest cool compresses based on a chamomile decoction. Such home remedies contribute to the removal of edema and inflammatory processes. It is not recommended to perform the following actions:
- scratching or massaging the face (at least 3-5 days after injections of cocktails with DMAE);
- take hot baths or visit the sauna (also for a little less than a week).
As for sunbathing, mesotherapy based on DMAE products is quite loyal to their adoption. So, a course of therapy based on such a tool will help you protect the skin before an active tan, and also restore its condition after it. However, in any case, it is recommended to refrain from being exposed to direct sunlight until the end of the rehabilitation period (considered to be over in 1-2 days after the disappearance of side effects).
DMAE-assisted mesotherapy is an advanced injection plastic technique. Its main distinguishing features are the improved composition of the mesococktail, as well as the principle of its introduction into the body (injections are carried out directly into the muscle). Due to these properties, the technique is considered one of the most effective and even compared with a circular facelift.