Age-related changes are primarily manifested on the face of a person, small and deep wrinkles give out age and cannot be masked. The struggle against nasolabial folds in the mouth is especially difficult, it is unrealistic to eliminate them with gymnastics or creams, more radical actions are needed. Injections of hyaluronic acid into the nasolabial folds during contour plasty can reduce their depth and give the face a more youthful appearance.
What are nasolabial folds and the causes of their appearance
Nasolabial folds are deep wrinkles in the mouth. Their second name is mournful, as they give the face a sad, dull expression and significantly add age.
Nasolabial folds appear in women and men after 35 years due to natural age-related changes. In some cases, they are scheduled after 20 – 25 years due to the following reasons:
- high muscle tone, active facial expressions;
- bad habits and unhealthy diet;
- impaired metabolism;
- chronic diseases and pathologies.
The principle of operation and contour plastics
An effective and safe method for eliminating nasolabial wrinkles is contour plastic based on preparations with hyaluronic acid. They are biocompatible with the human body, provide pronounced results after one session and are completely excreted within 12 months.
The principle of their action is the mechanical filling of deep folds with a dense, viscous gel. Once in the dermis, it attracts water molecules, which also fill the free space and maintain the achieved volume. In addition, hyaluronic acid activates the synthesis of fibroblasts, which are a source of collagen. Due to its renewal, the skin becomes elastic, moisturized, new wrinkles do not appear.
The effect is temporary, after the decomposition and removal of hyaluronic acid, the folds reappear, but become less pronounced due to the renewed skin cells and moisturized dermis.
Contour plastic is performed by injection, liquid fillers are in sterile syringes. Injections of the drug are carried out pointwise, into the problem area in several stages. Before manipulations, the skin is cleaned and treated with an antiseptic, and then with local anesthesia. Hyaluronic acid injections are painless, but palpable, which is why anesthetic cream cannot be dispensed with.
Drugs and their characteristics
You can remove deep nasolabial folds with the help of special fillers, which are distinguished by an increased concentration of hyaluronic acid. The following products of various brands are suitable for solving this problem:
- Surgiderm 24 XP. Designed for insertion into the middle layers of the dermis, fills deep wrinkles and folds, including nasolabial. It has a high level of viscosity, due to which it provides a long, prolonged effect. The drug is produced by a subsidiary of the American concern Allergan using 3D Matrix technology.
- Stylage M eight L. Product presented in 2009 by the French company Laboratoire Vivacy. Depending on the marking, it is used to eliminate moderate or deep folds. In addition to hyaluronic acid, the filler contains additional antioxidants, such as mannitol and sorbitol.
- After enhancing the cells, Teosyal® PureSense Redensity [I] ingredients progressively resorb, like any natural skin component, leaving the skin smooth and refreshed. Deep Lines. Means from the Swiss laboratory TEOXANE based on hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin. Filler with the indicated marking is used for deep wrinkles, in some cases it is suitable for volume recovery.
- Juvederm 24 HV. Another filler from Americans from Allergan. It is made from synthetic hyaluronic acid, which has passed several degrees of purification.
- Princess volume. Delivered to the beauty markets by the Austrian pharmaceutical company CROMA. At the heart of its creation is the unique SMART technology, characterized by the monophasicity of the filler gel.
Filling of nasolabial folds with preparations with hyaluronic acid is carried out exclusively in the absence of contraindications to such procedures. They are determined at the stage of preliminary consultations and, as a rule, fit into the following list:
- period of breastfeeding;
- allergy or intolerance to hyaluronic acid;
- flu, tonsillitis, viral diseases;
- exacerbation of chronic pathologies;
- colloidal scarring risks;
- open wounds, scratches and damage to the nasolabial folds;
- psoriasis, eczema and other skin diseases in the problem area;
- pathology of the circulatory system, bleeding.
The correction is transferred to another date if peeling, photorejuvenation, resurfacing and other aggressive cosmetic procedures were performed the day before. If necessary, the cosmetologist recommends additional tests and examinations to the patient, however, in practice such appointments are rare.
The procedure in most patients is accompanied by temporary side effects. The reason for their appearance is external interference in the natural processes of the body, the reaction to this is quite normal and does not require specific treatment. Patient reviews indicate that after the procedure are observed:
In case of violation of the technique of the procedure, such complications as necrosis (soft tissue death) are observed, and in case of violation of the requirements of the rehabilitation period, a change in pigmentation processes.
Correction of nasolabial folds is carried out strictly in the conditions of a cosmetology cabinet, after its completion the patient returns home, as further in-patient monitoring is not required. Rehabilitation after the procedure is carried out on its own, it is quite simple and takes no more than 20 days.
For 24 hours after the procedure, it is not allowed to wash or use decorative cosmetics. If swelling occurs, you should sleep on your back and reduce the amount of fluid consumed. In the future, it will be necessary to protect the problem area from direct sunlight with the help of special creams, to refuse to visit saunas, baths, a solarium and swimming pools. Recommendations must be followed for 3 weeks.
After a day, the place of introduction of the drug begins to be treated with antiseptics, this must be done up to 3 – 4 once a day. To reduce bruising, cooling ointments and gels based on natural ingredients are used.
Before and after photos
Injections of hyaluronic acid into the nasolabial folds can eliminate them for up to 12 months. This procedure is called contour plastic surgery and belongs to the category of minimally invasive techniques, characterized by a minimum of contraindications and complications, a short rehabilitation period and an affordable price. To carry out this kind of correction, various fillers from the brands Surgiderm, Juvederm, Stylage are used.