It is quite possible to change a person or body without pain, being in a hospital and long-term rehabilitation. Contour plastic today allows you to add volume or adjust the shape of the problem area in minutes. Injections of special drugs (fillers or liquid implants) provide immediate formation of positive changes that persist for months and for many years.
- 1 What is contour plastic?
- 2 Types of drugs used
- 3 Indications and exposure zones
- 4 Preparatory stage
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Before and after photos
- 7 Rehabilitation
- 8 Side effects and negative effects
- 9 Contraindications
What is contour plastic?
Contouring of the face or body is an injection of a special substance into the problem area in order to make up for the existing soft tissue deficiency, increase skin elasticity, and also change forms. This popular cosmetology technique has been receiving positive feedback from patients and specialists in the beauty industry for more than a year. Its main advantages: practicality in carrying out, a minimum of contraindications and complications, the rapid formation of the desired results.
Types of drugs used
As already mentioned, facial contouring is performed on the basis of various fillers or liquid implants. The specific form of which is determined by many factors, the problem facing the specialist, the age of the patient. In modern cosmetology, the following compositions are used:
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
The most popular category. Provide volume replenishment, dermis hydration, and skin quality improvement. The average shelf life of the result is from 6 to 12 months. In their production, synthetic hyaluronic acid is used, which attracts water molecules and stimulates the production of fibroblasts. The substance is safe, completely biodegradable and excreted from the body. Used for any areas of the face and body.
Polylactic acid fillers
They are made on the basis of a synthetic product identical to natural. Biocompatible, do not cause allergies. The principle of action is based on the mechanical filling of voids and the active stimulation of collagen production. They are universal in application, suitable for face and body, valid for up to 2 years.
Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers
It is characterized by an increased level of biocompatibility with the human body, used in classical medicine. Provides actual replacement of tissue deficiency and stimulates collagen synthesis. Indicated for use after 35 years. The duration of saving the result is from 1 years to 2.5 years.
Liquid Silicone Implants
They are an alien team located in the problem area on an ongoing basis. It can be used for face and body, not recommended for work in the intimate area. Often leads to complications, is removed from the body by surgery.
Indications and exposure zones
Contour plastic surgery of the face is performed to replenish the subcutaneous voids. Indications for such a procedure are:
- deep folds and wrinkles on the face;
- insufficient volume of cheekbones, cheeks, chin;
- nose shape correction;
- correction of the shape and volume of the lips.
The possibilities of contouring are not limited to working with the face, there are other directions. So, intimate philling has been very popular lately. Indications for this procedure are asymmetry or deformation of the labia, urinary incontinence and other problems in this delicate area. Injection technique is also used to make up for a minor shortage of soft tissues of the body in areas:
- upper arms (biceps);
In addition, injections help to increase the tone and elasticity of the skin, giving certain parts of the body more attractive shapes.
Preparation for contour plastic usually does not take much time and effort. Approximately 2-3 weeks before the proposed procedure, a beautician should be visited for an in-person consultation.
The specialist will conduct an examination, report on any contraindications, determine the appropriate filler, and give general recommendations. In most cases, this procedure should not:
- Conduct aggressive cosmetic procedures.
- Use vitamin E, homeopathic blood thinners.
- Take alcohol.
- Get involved in intense physical labor or sports.
If necessary, a beautician can recommend a course of anti-herpes drugs (before lip correction) or an allergy test (with a tendency to such phenomena).
The average duration of the procedure is 40 minutes. During this time, the specialist examines the problem area, determines the injection site of the filler, carries out antiseptic treatment, makes an anesthetic injection or applies an anesthetic cream.
Manipulations are carried out in several approaches. The cosmetologist introduces the composition in small doses, making injections within the problem area. If necessary, kneads the filler pointwise to better fill the voids. The depth of injection ranges from 1.5 to 3 mm.
The first changes are recorded immediately, the full effect can be evaluated after the side effects. The duration of the result depends on:
- type of drug used;
- individual characteristics of the body (age, etc.);
- a combination of external factors (nutrition, bad habits, subsequent skin care).
Before and after photos
Face contouring allows you to achieve changes in a short time, while problem areas are restored in full in 10-14 days. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis.
The basic recommendations are as follows:
- Restriction on hygiene procedures (day).
- Restriction on the use of decorative cosmetics (48 hours).
- Ban on active physical activity, sport (week).
- The ban on visits to saunas, tanning salons, swimming in open waters (2 weeks).
- Prohibition of exposure to sunlight without the use of protective cosmetics (up to 4 weeks).
A day after the procedure, injection sites must be treated with antiseptic compounds. With severe swelling, reduce the amount of fluid consumed, with bruises – use cool compresses.
Side effects and negative effects
Complications after contouring are observed only in 2-3 cases from 100, in some cases the temporary reaction of the body is a variant of the norm. Typically, this statement is true for bruises, swelling, local redness, moderate soreness and increased sensitivity of the skin. All these phenomena pass within 48-72 hours, do not require special treatment and do not affect the general health of the patient. Of course, the duration of side effects can be longer and shorter than the announced period. It depends on the complexity of the manipulations, the type of composition used, the individual characteristics of the patient.
Unfortunately, more serious complications can also be. In the event of the following situations, it is recommended to consult a doctor to obtain specific prescriptions or provide surgical assistance:
- Inflammatory and infectious processes at the puncture site. If untreated, they lead to granuloma (a seal that can only be removed surgically).
- Compaction and dying of connective tissue (fibrosis). It is formed due to the too deep introduction of the filler or its excess amount. Tissue damage may increase over time.
- Allergic reaction. It appears as standard side effects, persists for a long time, does not pass, but becomes more pronounced. Characteristic signs are rash, itching.
- Filler visualization. A typical mistake of inexperienced cosmetologists is the superficial introduction of a filler. In this case, the composition can migrate under the skin, protrude, form tubercles and bumps.
Despite all the simplicity and safety of contouring, it is necessary to take into account contraindications to its implementation. Possible limitations are determined at the stage of preliminary consultation.
The procedure is prohibited when:
- oncological diseases;
- diabetes mellitus;
- low blood coagulation;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases (especially heart and blood vessels);
- colds and flu;
- the presence of open wounds, injuries, inflammatory formations, numerous moles in the problem area;
- exacerbation of skin diseases at the site of correction;
- individual intolerance to fillers used for plastics.
Contouring of the face or any part of the body is a safe cosmetic procedure, the purpose of which is to correct the forms and volumes of soft tissues. It is carried out by injection of various drugs (soluble and permanent). It is characterized by a short rehabilitation period, carrying out manipulations on an outpatient basis, and the absence of significant complications.