The fight against acne and black spots at home often leads to undesirable results, accompanied by inflammation and infection of the damaged areas. The simple removal of formations by pressure has nothing to do with mechanical facial cleansing, which is carried out by professional cosmetologists and involves a number of actions, and the result is clean and healthy facial skin without undesirable consequences.
What does mechanical cleaning mean?
Manual, manual or mechanical cleaning of the skin of the face is the simplest cosmetic procedure aimed at deep cleansing of the skin. It is carried out with hands or basic metal devices (for example, a Uno spoon). Designed to combat acne, black and white dots. It is accompanied by unpleasant sensations, but it is a very effective way to solve these problems.
Indications for use
In what cases will the mechanical cleaning be appropriate? The procedure is indicated for the removal of black and whiteheads, acne, wen. The effect increases the skin tone, eliminates its pronounced defects, is carried out with increased fat content and enlarged pores. The procedure is recommended exclusively for normal and oily skin to patients aged 18 years of any gender.
Mechanical cleaning of the face takes about 40-50 minutes in duration. The effect performed by the master is represented by the following list of manipulations:
- Cleansing the face of external contaminants, cosmetics, degreasing with antiseptics without alcohol or a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide.
- Cold hydrogenation (mask that is applied under the film). It is done to open the pores and soften their pent up.
- Cleaning. It is carried out by hands by mechanical pressure on the skin, as well as using special tools (Uno spoons, loops, needles). In the process of exposure to the patient’s skin, the cosmetologist’s hands and devices are regularly disinfected. If necessary, mechanical cleaning is combined with vacuum.
- Application of anti-inflammatory and healing agents at the end of manipulations (masks or creams).
The average frequency of performing manipulations for normal skin is once a month, for oily skin – about once every 10-12 days. Dry skin, as a rule, does not need such an effect, if necessary, processing is carried out no more than once in 30-45 days.
Proper face care after mechanical cleaning of the face is the key to speedy recovery and prevention of possible complications. Normally, the rehabilitation period lasts up to 2-3 days, after which the visual side effects completely disappear.
The main activities are aimed at disinfection and skin regeneration. To do this, 2-3 once a day should treat problem areas with antiseptics without alcohol, apply therapeutic masks based on clay. They reduce inflammation, tighten pores, and remove excess sebum.
In addition, certain restrictions should be observed after the procedure. So, it is not recommended:
- Use decorative cosmetics (day).
- Visit the pools, baths, saunas, swim in open water (5-10 days).
- Sunbathe and visit the solarium (7 – 12 days).
- Eliminate the crusts formed on the face until they come down on their own.
If possible, it is necessary to obtain individual recommendations from the cosmetologist on the maintenance of the rehabilitation period.
Complications and methods for their treatment
Mechanical cleaning belongs to the category of aggressive procedures and in most cases is accompanied by side effects. They are observed during 2-3 days, are expressed in redness of the skin and swelling, do not require specific treatment. If during the specified period the negative reaction does not go away on its own or is expressed slightly differently, you need to contact a cosmetologist for additional advice or take first aid measures at home to avoid complications. In each case, there are own recommendations:
- Severe, prolonged redness of the skin (from 3 days). To reduce the compresses are based on chamomile or aloe, Bepanten ointment is used.
- Swelling (from 3 days). Reduce fluid intake, use diuretic drugs according to the instructions. Be sure to visit a dermatologist for advice on the causes of this phenomenon.
- Hematomas. They arise due to increased pressure on problem areas of the skin, are eliminated by compresses with herbal extracts and heparin ointment.
- Inflammation and infection. The reason is a violation of safety during the procedure or during the rehabilitation period. Remedy – treatment with antiseptics, administration and surface application of the antibiotic as directed.
- Scarring. The reason is increased skin sensitivity, excessive pressure during the procedure, neglect of the requirements for the rehabilitation period. The treatment method is special-purpose cosmetology procedures (for example, resurfacing or peeling).
- Allergic reaction. It is extremely rare, the cause of the occurrence is the body’s reaction to cosmetic preparations that are additionally used during cleaning. The solution is to identify an allergen to prevent a recurrence of the situation, taking antihistamines.
Despite the fact that the procedure is carried out manually and does not require the use of specific equipment or drugs, it still has certain contraindications. Among them are:
- The acute form of skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema).
- Allergic rashes on the face.
- Period of menstruation.
- Increased dry skin.
- Diseases of the circulatory system.
- High blood pressure.
- Tendency to develop inflammation.
Before and after photos
Pros and Cons of the procedure
Mechanical cleaning has been practiced in cosmetology for a long time and with all its soreness and trauma does not lose ground, remaining a popular and popular method of cleansing the skin.
The main advantages of this technique are the possibility of an individual approach and deep cleansing. In the process of performing the manipulations, the cosmetologist can assess the complexity of the inflammation, adjust the force of pressure on it and eliminate even the deepest pollution.
Patient reviews indicate that regular (once a month) mechanical cleaning of the skin improves significantly. Pores become smaller, pimples disappear, complexion improves.
Unfortunately, the technique has certain disadvantages. Hand cleaning is painful and is accompanied by severe discomfort, while during its implementation it is not customary to use local anesthesia. After its implementation, the absolute majority of patients exhibit temporary side effects.
Procedures of this kind are not carried out in the United States and European countries, they are classified as unsafe and unhygienic. However, such criteria for the most part are determined directly by the professionalism of the cosmetologist who carries out the impact.
Mechanical face cleaning – elimination of comedones, acne and deep pollution by hand or using special cosmetic tools. The procedure is extremely painful; during its implementation, soft tissues adjacent to the site of inflammation are often injured, while it is characterized by increased effectiveness, a small number of contraindications and budget.