Wrinkles, decreased skin elasticity, first ptosis and sagging are the main age-related changes that occur after 35 years, not only in women but also in men. It is possible to eliminate such aesthetic defects in appearance in the middle part of the face with the help of such a type of surgical intervention as cheek lift. It was developed and first used in the 2004 year and is currently in high demand due to its high efficiency and safety.
What is a cheek lift?
Cheek lift is the safe direction of 21 century plastic surgery. The operation is carried out according to a special technique, which allows achieving a pronounced rejuvenation and tightening of the middle part of the face, as well as eliminating wrinkles and folds without unnecessary injuries and consequences.
The main difference between the cheek lift operation and other types of plastic lifts is the use of special endoscopic equipment. It allows you to prevent complications and make the procedure less traumatic for the patient and easier for the surgeon.
The endoscope is a small-diameter tube that combines an optical fiber and lighting system. During the operation, it is inserted into soft tissues and displays a picture of what is happening on the monitor screen, allowing the specialist to evaluate the accuracy of their actions.
The skin and tissues are fixed using endotins – tiny plates (up to 4.5 ml) made of synthetic biodegradable materials. The principle of their action is based not only on physical bonding, but also on the formation of a natural framework of collagen fibers, which support the achieved results even after the endotins themselves decay.
Indications and Expected Results
Cheek lift is recommended for patients aged 35 to 50 years as a way to eliminate numerous age-related changes in the middle area of the face. Direct indications for its implementation are:
- Lowered corners of the lips.
- Bags under the eyes.
- Flabbiness of the skin.
- The formation of nasolabial folds and nasolacrimal grooves.
- Subversion of the lower eyelid.
- The need to change the cut of the eyes.
- Ptosis of eyebrows and cheeks.
- Decreased skin elasticity in the middle of the face.
As a result of the intervention, a rejuvenation effect is achieved for up to 5-7 years, wrinkles and folds are reduced, skin elasticity and tone are increased, facial muscles are strengthened in the lower eyelid area.
Cheek lift, like other types of plastic surgery, requires prior preparation. Before the operation is necessary:
- Full-time consultation with a surgeon and therapist – to obtain their permission for plastic surgery.
- Consultation with an anesthetist – find out about the possibility of general anesthesia.
- Submission of a number of tests – X-ray, blood and urine tests.
In addition, about a month before the operation, you should completely refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol, do not use hormones, a number of medications and vitamin E.
Cheek lift takes approximately 1.5-2 hours. As a rule, it is carried out under general anesthesia, but if necessary, it can be performed under local anesthesia, in this case anesthesia is done before and during the intervention.
The surgeon makes a preliminary marking of the face, on which he will move during the operation. The incision is carried out in the lower eyelid zone, and then manipulations are performed to strengthen muscle fibers, increase skin elasticity, and displace cheek muscles.
Period after surgery
Compared to other types of facelift plastic surgery, cheek lift is fairly well tolerated by most patients and does not cause serious complications. Within a day after the intervention, the patient is in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor, and only then is discharged to undergo rehabilitation at home.
The first week is considered the most difficult. The patient reviews contain information that, at first, soreness, swelling and hematomas can be observed. Overlaid sutures are removed approximately on 5 day, no scars remain in their place.
Full recovery takes about a month. To speed up this process and prevent complications, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- Minimize physical activity.
- Take painkillers as needed.
- Temporarily abandon decorative cosmetics and lenses (for up to 2 weeks).
- Do not visit saunas and baths, tanning salons, and also not be near open sources of heat (fireplaces, bonfires).
- Do not bend down.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the face, use sunscreen (within 10-12 months after surgery).
Upon completion of the first stage of rehabilitation (after removal of the sutures), surgeons often advise their patients to seek the help of cosmetologists. A number of procedures contribute to the accelerated healing of the skin and the elimination of side effects from the intervention:
- Microcurrent therapy. Heals wounds in soft tissues, improves skin tone and elasticity.
- Ultrasonic massage. It speeds up metabolism and blood circulation, prevents fluid stagnation in the intercellular space and swelling.
- Thermolysis. Designed to remove scars.
Before deciding on a cheek lift, you need to make sure there are no contraindications. Like other types of plastic surgery, an operation of this kind is not performed when:
- Diabetes mellitus and other types of diseases of the endocrine system.
- Epilepsy, mental and neurological disorders.
- Blood clotting disorder.
- Chronic hypertension.
- Pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Heart failure.
- Inflammatory processes and purulent formations on the face.
- Severe infectious diseases, accompanied by a general weakening of the body.
- High intraocular pressure.
- Taking a number of hormonal drugs.
Cheek lift – a procedure for lifting and rejuvenating the middle part of the face, performed using unique endoscopic equipment that allows a specialist to evaluate the accuracy of the actions performed. With this kind of intervention, the fixation of the skin and soft tissues in a new position is carried out using endotins – plates that stimulate collagen production.