It is impossible to eliminate the expressed signs of aging with the help of cosmetic procedures? In such cases, plastic surgery usually comes to the rescue – a radical rejuvenation technique that allows you to achieve the desired results in a matter of hours. Many people knowingly refuse such an intervention, rightly fearing painful sensations and possible complications.
Endoscopic facelift is considered one of the most sparing methods of surgical intervention, which means that it can suit even the most demanding patients.
List of indications
Most often, women, rather than men, resort to endoscopic facelift. The optimal age for this operation is from 30 to 45 years. According to its results, as a rule, a result is achieved that lasts from 7 to 10 years, the exact figure is determined by further skin care and a genetic predisposition to aging.
It is believed that the maximum results can be achieved in the case of only begun or moderately expressed age-related skin changes. The list of direct indications usually includes conditions such as:
- overhanging eyebrows;
- ptosis of the cheeks;
- floating oval of the face;
- drooping eyelids;
- deep nasolabial folds;
- facial wrinkles in the forehead;
- age-related changes in the mouth zone, lowering of the corners of the lips.
Among other things, the operation can be used to sculpt and create new facial features. Of course, the changes will not be so radical, but to evaluate them with the naked eye is quite realistic.
The operation is most effective in the absence of significant body fat.
In general, it can be concluded that endoscopic lifting is a less traumatic alternative to a facelift. After examining the patient, the specialist decides what kind of intervention is necessary to carry out, will there be enough light exposure or will have to resort to more radical measures.
Endoscopic lifting is usually divided into several types, depending on the location of the problem area. However, the principle of exposure is quite standard.
After anesthesia begins to take effect, the specialist makes several cuts on the skin (about 3-4), about one to two centimeters long. Violation of the integrity of the skin is carried out in areas that are most hidden from prying eyes, which helps to maintain the necessary visual aesthetics. So, an endoscopic forehead lift implies incisions in the scalp, and when exposed to the middle part of the face, manipulations are performed in the oral cavity and under the lower eyelid.
Specialists decided to distinguish three main varieties of operations of this nature. Classification involves the following types of exposure:
- Upper lifting. For example, endoscopic eyebrow and forehead lift. It is carried out to reduce wrinkles, both horizontal and vertical, to create a clearer open look, raising the eyebrow line. It is one of the most common methods.
- Median or medium lifting. It implies the elimination of sagging cheeks, creating volume and changing the shape of the cheekbones, the fight against folds and wrinkles.
- Bottom lifting. Forms the features of the lower jaw, removes wrinkles, helps eliminate the lowered corners of the lips, get rid of the second chin.
If you are determined to go through endoscopic lifting, it will be useful to carry out activities for preliminary preparation for it. Of course, the doctor will tell you the most valuable advice at the stage of the initial consultation, however, having studied the reviews of many patients, you can find the information you need in advance. So, it is recommended:
- refuse diets immediately before and after the operation, if you want to lose extra pounds – this should be done in advance, changing the diet and losing weight after the operation can reduce all efforts to nothing;
- quitting smoking and alcohol, a healthy lifestyle and clean blood will improve blood circulation and reduce the risk of side effects;
- passing auxiliary procedures, approximately 3-4 weeks before the operation. This may be biorevitalization, plasmolifting, mesotherapy. By the way, similar techniques will be good even at the end of the rehabilitation period after endoscopic lifting.
The main stages of the operation
Endoscopic facelift is carried out through the use of a special device of the endoscope, it is thanks to him that the technique got its official name in our country. The device is a tube with a camera and a light source connected to a monitor, which displays a picture of the internal sections of the dermis. By immersing the endoscope in one of the sections, the surgeon can assess the situation in real time, which allows you to quickly and fully eliminate existing defects.
As a rule, the operation lasts several hours and takes place under general anesthesia. During the exposure, excess tissue is not excised, but simply tightened, in addition, the specialist carries out the tension of the muscular skeleton, as well as the destruction of excess body fat. As a result of the manipulations, the patient receives elastic, smooth skin, more defined shapes and areas of the face.
After the operation, the patient is in the hospital for several hours under the supervision of specialists. Depending on his well-being, he can either return home to undergo independent rehabilitation or, stay for several days in a hospital, under the supervision of doctors. Reviews of most people who have gone through a similar procedure indicate the possibility of recovery without special assistance.
Possible complications after the intervention
Despite the fact that endoscopic lifting is considered to be the safest type of surgical intervention, the risk of side effects and various complications remains extremely high. Try to mentally prepare yourself before visiting the surgeon for such reactions of your body as:
- local pain;
- bruises and bruises;
- redness of the skin;
- the development of inflammatory processes.
Endoscopic lifting is accompanied by fewer unpleasant consequences than in the case of smas lifting or circular lifting. In this case, the endoscope has a positive effect. Thanks to its use, the surgeon can control the course of the procedure, reduce the risk of circulatory disorders, lymph flow, injury to blood vessels and healthy areas of the skin.
Recommendations for the rehabilitation period
Recovery after an operation usually takes 10-14 days. In general, an endoscopic facelift is characterized by a small number of complications and a minimum of side effects, but compliance with certain rules and recommendations will still be required. As a rule, specialists advise their patients to adhere to the following rehabilitation scheme at home:
- limitation of physical activity;
- a complete rejection of bad habits, such as smoking and alcohol;
- adherence to a diet prescribed by a specialist (optional, but desirable);
- restriction in taking medications (a full list of funds is also reported by a specialist at the stage of patient consultation);
- control fluid intake to reduce swelling;
- sleep in a certain position (on the back and on a high pillow, so that the head rises significantly above the level of the body, heart);
- the use of cold compresses, ice packs to minimize swelling and bruising.
If necessary, the patient can take light painkillers. As a rule, standard means, like analginum, are enough to stop unpleasant sensations.
Endoscopic lifting in our country is not yet very popular, however, it is already receiving numerous positive reviews from patients and specialists in plastic surgery. The main advantages that the technique has are reduced to:
- shortened healing and restoration of the skin;
- minimize side effects, the absence of visible scars;
- pronounced and lasting positive result (up to 10 years);
- more affordable cost (the price of manipulation is much lower than in the case of the classic circular tightening);
- point impact on the problem and the ability to control the situation using an endoscope.
List of contraindications
An endoscopic lift is also characterized by a standard list of contraindications characteristic of any surgical intervention. In this case, it is not worth neglecting the prohibitions, because the aesthetic result and the possible health risk are not related concepts. What restrictions should be adhered to? In most cases, experts do not recommend surgery when:
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- diabetes mellitus;
- the presence of active inflammatory foci on the surface of the skin of the face;
- hypersensitivity of the skin;
- chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and heart;
- low blood coagulation;
- fever, fever.
Endoscopic lifting of the forehead, the middle or lower part of the face implies a mandatory initial consultation, during which the patient is advised to tell the specialist the most complete information about the characteristics of his health, allergic reactions and past illnesses. Such data will help determine particular contraindications for surgery.
Before and after photos
Plastic surgery is a very expensive pleasure, while an endoscopic lift is characterized by fairly reasonable prices for this segment of work. Of course, each clinic adheres to its own pricing policy, but the main points of pricing are common to all.
So, the price of the operation may be due to a combination of several services provided to the patient. As a rule, these include:
- stay in a hospital (after an operation of this type is extremely rare);
- anesthesia (manipulations are performed under general anesthesia);
- necessary auxiliary materials (leather processing products, bandages and other consumables);
- repeated consultation of the client, including upon the occurrence of complications;
- the surgical intervention itself.
In some cases, medical facilities also provide their patients with the opportunity to attend additional activities necessary for the speedy restoration of the skin.
You can get acquainted with the approximate figures in the table below. Remember that to clarify the financial costs, it is recommended to contact the medical institution providing aesthetic medicine directly.
Endoscopic face lifting is an surgical intervention that is an alternative to classical plastic surgery. Its main purpose is a tightening of moderately sagging skin, the elimination of wrinkles and wrinkles. Just one visit to a specialist will provide the patient with a rejuvenating effect for a period of 7 to 10 years. Distinctive features of this technique is a shortened rehabilitation period and a minimum of side effects.