Preventing a problem is easier than fixing it. This rule works in everyday life, and in cosmetology. If you want to keep your face youthful and attractive for as long as possible, start looking after it already in 25 – 30 years. One of the main procedures that help maintain skin tone and prevent the formation of wrinkles is lifting facial massage – a unique technique, the basic techniques of which can be implemented independently.
The term lifting massage does not mean a specific procedure; almost any effect on the skin can be attributed to its definition in order to tighten them, stimulate muscle function and increase blood circulation. Such a procedure can be hardware or performed manually (for example, sculptural, modeling, Asian massage).
Regardless of the method of execution, the essence of such an impact will be the same. Massage for lifting the skin of the face affects the movement of intercellular fluid and blood circulation, normalizes them, due to which the cells receive a larger volume of nutrients, and oxygen starvation stops.
The positive effect is enhanced by accelerated cell regeneration and stimulation of fibroblasts. They synthesize elastin and collagen fibers, which play the role of a natural skeleton, responsible for the density, firmness and elasticity of the skin.
Massage affects facial muscles, supporting them in the right tone, which provides reliable prevention of sagging soft tissues.
Indications and results
Lifting massage is performed to prevent soft tissue ptosis and age-related changes. To a lesser extent, the technique is relevant for aging skin with existing problems; fully lifting massage will not correct the situation, but it will help to reduce their severity and slow down development. According to cosmetologists, hardware or manual lifting massage can prevent:
- Ptosis of the face and its individual sections.
- Omission of the corners of the lips.
- The formation of the second chin.
- The formation of nasolabial folds and other wrinkles.
- The appearance of bags under the eyes and puffiness.
When the procedure is carried out regularly (2 – 3 once a week), the signs of aging are formed much later, and the skin of the face is tightened and acquires smoothness, a healthy color, bruises and bags under the eyes decrease, and then completely disappear. Over time, the effect of a circular tightening is formed.
Lifting massage, like many cosmetic procedures, has a number of contraindications. The safest is manual exposure, but it should not be given with the following pathologies:
- Allergic rashes.
- Cuperosis (spider veins).
- Acne and acne.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin (wounds, scratches, cuts).
When carrying out hardware exposure, an expanding list of restrictions should be considered. Oncology, diabetes mellitus, pathologies of the heart and blood vessels, as well as the presence of a pacemaker are added to it. Massage is not performed in severe cases of any disease.
In beauty salons, lifting massage is often carried out using special devices. There are many procedures whose purpose is to tighten the skin, the most common of them are the following:
- Darsonvalization. Massage the skin using a device that generates pulses of current of high voltage and frequency, but low power. Exposure restores blood circulation, saturates the cells with oxygen, promotes skin tightening. The duration of the procedure is up to 15 minutes, the full course consists of 10 – 20 sessions. At home, exposure is made with instruments such as Gezaton. Depending on the model, the cost is from 2000 – 3000 rubles and above.
- Miostimulation. Procedures are called gymnastics for the lazy. The principle of action is based on the impact of the pulse current directly on the muscles. During the massage, they are actively reduced and with regular treatment come in tone, which helps to increase elasticity and lifting effect. In addition, the electric current normalizes metabolic processes, blood circulation, the movement of intercellular fluid, which provides additional tightening and rejuvenation of the skin. A popular device for conducting myostimulation is the Esma 12.01 apparatus, its cost is about 15 thousand rubles.
Recommendations for home
In the absence of financial opportunities to visit a cosmetologist or contraindications to hardware effects, lifting massage can be carried out at home manually, independently. To do this, it is enough to master the simplest exercises:
- Forehead. Attach the fingertips to the left temple and make smooth circular movements toward the right, then change direction (from the right temple to the left).
- Brow Arc. Lock your finger in the center of the nose and make circular movements along the line of growth of the eyebrows to their outer edge.
- Cheeks. Fix two fingers at the wing of the nose and make circular movements with them towards the ear, first on one side and then on the other side. In the same way, you can easily pat on the skin.
- Nasolabial folds. All the same circular motions we work out an imaginary line drawn from the corner of the mouth through the wings of the nose to the bridge of the nose.
- Chin. The index finger is fixed in the center of the chin, with its help it revolves the skin in a circular motion towards the corners of the mouth, and then to the earlobes.
- Neck. Recommended treatment of massage lines in a circular motion, first on the right, and then on the left side.
Preparing for the procedure is also crucial. Before massage, it is necessary to ventilate the room in which it will be held, to a comfortable temperature, cleanse the skin of the face, and then apply special massage oil on it (you can prepare it yourself by mixing almond oil with any essential oil in the proportion of 30 ml per 5-10 drops).
All manipulations are performed smoothly, with pressure, but without effort, so as not to stretch the skin and not achieve the opposite effect. In addition to circular movements, it is recommended to perform stroking, pressing, tapping and rubbing. If you do not know in which direction to treat, try to move along the massage lines.
Lifting massage of the face area is a cosmetic procedure, the purpose of which is to tighten the skin. It is carried out manually or using special devices, it provides muscle, skin tone, normalization of local blood circulation and lymph flow. It is a preventive procedure recommended for carrying out from 25-30 years on a regular basis. It has a minimal number of contraindications and the absence of complications.