Almond peeling is considered one of the most delicate facial cleansing procedures. The basis of its implementation is the impact of mandelic or phenoxyglycolic acid. Its action is so soft that such a peeling is suitable even for owners of sensitive and very delicate skin, cleansing and updating it takes place without complications and pronounced side effects, such as redness and peeling.
What is almond peeling
What is almond peeling in aesthetic cosmetology became known several decades ago. However, despite the impressive age and the active development of new skin transformation technologies, almond cleansing is included in the category of popular salon facial procedures.
Almond peeling – surface cleansing with a chemical composition. It affects the surface layers of the skin (epidermis), relieves them of keratinization and dead particles, actively fights comedones and blackheads, and also stimulates the natural rejuvenation of the integument. The procedure of almond skin cleansing is easily tolerated by epidermal cells and does not cause complications. Indications for its use relate to both problematic teenage skin and mature skin, after 30 years, at this age it needs to be nourished with nutrients and requires additional stimulation of cell renewal processes.
With almond peeling, you can safely restore the epidermis health, purity and natural shine. Almond face peeling is not accompanied by prolonged and severe redness and peeling, usual for acid exfoliation. Light side effects within a few days after the cleansing, no undue risks and difficulties in post-peeling care.
Features of the procedure
Mandelic acid peeling is widely in demand in beauty salons. This is due to the extensive list of advantages of almond peeling. Pluses will tell about almond peeling in detail:
- Softness of impact – peeling with almond (almond) acid is one of the most harmless and gentle procedures. However, its effectiveness does not suffer at all from this;
- Universality – extensive indications for exfoliation, which apply to all types of epidermis and age categories. For owners of thin and sensitive skin, cosmetologists recommend this particular type of peeling, claiming its safety and delicacy of exposure;
- Year-round – in modern cosmetology plays a significant role, most of the cleansing procedures are designed to be carried out only in the winter, when solar activity is slightly reduced. For almond peeling, the season does not matter; the main condition for its peeling is the absence of tan on the skin;
- Safety – skin cleansing with mandelic acid can be performed from 18 years. She perfectly fights problem rashes, acne and inflammation, leaves no scars and acne, her skin looks healthy, well-groomed;
- Quick recovery after peeling – a very short rehabilitation period is ideal for constantly busy business women, students.
The secret of the uniqueness of mandelic acid
Regarding the effectiveness, safety and popularity of the cleansing procedure, almond peeling is due to the main active ingredient, phenoxy glycolic acid. They get it from natural bitter almonds, hence its second name – mandelic acid.
The mild action of mandelic acid is due to its oversized size, in relation to the molecules of other fruit acids. Such dimensions slow its penetration into the deeper layers of the skin and make peeling safe for the client.
It is also worth noting the unique properties of the main ingredient:
- Excellent antioxidant – it has a high ability to bind, block free radicals and ions of heavy metals harmful to the epidermis, and helps to remove them from cells;
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial – limits the development of infections in the cells, leads to the early death of unwanted particles, prevents the manifestation of inflammatory processes in the future;
- Cleansing – acid easily destroys keratin (solid protein) without harming the healthy cells of the epidermis;
- Anti-aging – the effect of almonds on the skin stimulates the active renewal of cells, accelerates the production of their own collagen and elastin fibers;
- It relieves comedones, sebaceous plugs in the pores;
- It contributes to the normalization of metabolism in cells and respiration of the skin, makes it resistant to external negative factors;
- Whitens stagnant, age spots, freckles, refreshes complexion.
Timely, competent skin cleansing is half the success in long-term youth of the face. Peeling with mandelic acid is the possibility of a painless and effective skin cleansing with a rejuvenating effect.
Indications for cleaning
Almond peeling for the face perfectly fights skin imperfections at any age. Naturally, he could not cope with deep wrinkles and wrinkles on his face, but to refresh the appearance, significantly improve the condition of the epidermis and delay aging, withering of the skin is quite acceptable.
Indications for almond peeling:
- Acne, problematic skin type;
- Residual traces of acne, stagnant spots and shallow scars;
- Mimic wrinkles in the area of the eyes, mouth, and other irregularities in the relief of the epidermis;
- Incorrect work of the sebaceous glands, increased oily skin;
- Age spots on the face, freckles;
- Comedones, clogged and enlarged pores;
- The first rudiments of photo and chronic aging of the integument;
- Unusual grayness, dull complexion;
- The tendency to keratosis (compaction of keratinized layers).
Almond chemical peeling is suitable not only for the surface of the face, but also will be a loyal assistant in the transformation of the neck, neck and arms.
Cons of almond exfoliation
Much to the surprise of phenoxyglycolic acid peeling, there are also disadvantages:
- The specific aroma of the cleanser – get ready that the smell of acetone will be present throughout the procedure;
- Light tingling – mandelic acid belongs to the group of AHA-acids, so slight discomfort during cleaning may be present;
- Unstable effect – many cosmetologists recommend using this type of cleansing before deep or middle peeling in order to prepare the skin for chemical effects;
- High cost of the procedure.
The cleansing procedure with mandelic acid is carried out independently, at home or in a beauty parlor. The process is simple, but requires strict adherence to the purification technique. For a better perception of the reagent by epidermal cells, to enhance the final effect, cosmetologists advise to undergo pre-peeling preparation.
Preparation for cleansing
Beauticians recommend starting with 1 – 2 weeks to prepare for exposure to phenoxyglycolic acid. This time is enough to soften the keratinized deposits and accelerate their removal from the epidermis. In addition, the preparatory phase will make the procedure less unexpected for the skin, so the recovery time will be significantly reduced.
In the pre-peeling period, it is useful to use a special cream that contains 15% mandelic acid, it is applied before bedtime. To enhance the effectiveness of the cream, add a cleansing gel with fruit acids to the care. Apply gel peels several times a week after sleep.
If there is no time for the proposed preparation option before cleaning, patients are offered to pre-peel with a reduced exposure time.
At the preparatory stage, the beautician is required to conduct an allergic reaction test on the drug. This will eliminate side effects, irritation and inflammation of the skin during exfoliation.
Protocol of procedure
How to do almond peeling correctly to avoid complications and failures:
- Removing makeup residue and particles of sweat, dust and greasy secretions from the face with a cleansing milk.
- At the next stage, the skin is subjected to a tonic lotion, it contains a small percentage of phenoxyglycolic acid (about 10%).
- To provide a deeper effect of the chemical agent on the skin, the primary treatment of the epidermis is performed with a weak solution of mandelic, lactic and glycolic acids. Beauticians call this stage pre-peeling.
- Without removing the remnants of the preparation for pre-treatment, the cosmetologist treats the skin areas with concentrated phenoxyglycolic acid, its concentration varies from 30 to 60% depending on the characteristics of the patient’s integument. In some cases, the cosmetologist can add lactic, citric acid or alcohol additives to the peeling composition for a drying effect. The duration of the exposure is also chosen by a specialist, but it does not exceed 25 minutes.
- The remnants of the peeling composition are neutralized with a special composition and thoroughly washed off with water.
- At the end of this exfoliation, a moisturizing mask is applied based on natural plant extracts (aloe, chamomile, calendula, etc.). This combination perfectly soothes the skin after a chemical attack. After 20 minutes, the mask is washed off and a moisturizer is applied.
If you want the maximum result from chemical exposure, contact a specialist. Remember, even the safest cleaning at home can lead to unpleasant consequences if there were errors and violations of equipment during the conduct.
Post-peeling Facial Care
Timely and quality skin care after exfoliation guarantees quick and easy recovery. In the first 5 days, active cell renewal takes place, the protective functions of the skin are very underestimated, so it is important to ensure maximum attention. Cosmetic products for face care should contain only natural ingredients, act gently, do not irritate soft tissues. Remember to use sunscreens to prevent a splash of pigmentation on your face.
After almond peeling, complications associated with improper use of the reagent and a violation of the exfoliation technique are possible. At the slightest ailments (severe rashes, with the appearance of herpes and prolonged preservation of redness, with increased inflammatory processes, swelling), immediately contact a specialist. Only he can prescribe the correct treatment for these complications.
In order not to get lost in the search for suitable cosmetics for post-peeling care, cosmetologists recommend using the product lines that were used during exfoliation.
How often do you need to peel
To achieve noticeable results of one peeling procedure is not enough, you will need about 4 – 10 cleanings every 1 – 1,5 weeks. The duration of the course of cleansing procedures depends on the individual characteristics of the patient and is determined by an experienced specialist.
The course of almond peeling must be repeated after 12 months to maintain the result at a high level. Preventive peels with an interval of 1 times in 2 months are allowed.
Almond peeling in a beauty salon is considered a popular procedure for rejuvenation and skin cleansing. What is it, indications for exfoliation and the subtleties of post-peeling care – all this you can find out from the cosmetologist.
I would also like to add that opinions on almond face peeling diverged. Some patients were saddened by the short duration of the desired effect, while others, on the contrary, easily got rid of many problems. In each case, the individual characteristics of the patient play a decisive role, only the professionalism and experience of the cosmetologist will cope with the task in full. Be beautiful and successful!