Calcium chloride facial peeling is a time-tested method of gentle cleansing and lightening of the skin. For many, this technique is known as Hollywood peeling, but he inherited from Hollywood only the name, no more. Calcium chloride was used in Soviet beauty salons, and this procedure was an impressive state, but today everyone has the opportunity to carry out chemical peeling at home for a penny.
Known facts about the procedure
Calcium chloride peeling is not a new procedure, but rather a forgotten old one. Its peculiarity is that dead cells and dirt particles “roll off” from the face during the procedure, no rehabilitation and peeling. You can evaluate the effect of peeling with calcium chloride at the end of the procedure.
In Soviet times, the recipe for peeling with calcium chloride was not disclosed, it was a privilege only for beauty salons. Today, you can easily perform such chemical peeling at home. Do not forget that a chemical reagent is used to cleanse the skin, so non-compliance with the rules for its conduct threatens with unpleasant effects.
Be sure to check the skin reaction to the preparation before using calcium chloride for face peeling. To do this, apply a little funds on the skin, preferably in the forearm or on the inner bend of the elbow and monitor the reaction. When severe burning, itching and inflammation appear on the treated area of the skin, the peeling procedure must be postponed.
The use of calcium chloride for face peeling refers to a superficial and gentle cleansing method. The procedure is characterized by a quick and noticeable effect after treatment, simplicity and cheapness, as well as a minimal risk of side effects.
The procedure of peeling with calcium chloride at home has a positive effect on the condition of the skin:
- It destroys sebaceous plugs and cleans pores from the remnants of cosmetic products and dust particles;
- Visibly brightens and evens out the shade of the epidermis;
- It has a drying effect;
- Reduces inflammatory processes.
Calcium chloride peeling is recommended for customers with normal, oily and combination skin. But for girls with fair and thin skin, with problems of dryness, such a procedure can upset unpleasant side effects.
Possible side effects
Peeling with calcium chloride can end badly for the client, if you do not follow the rules of preparation and conduct of the procedure, the intricacies of skin care after cleansing and exceeding the dosage of the main ingredient, neglecting contraindications. Such errors can provoke such troubles:
- Dehydration of the skin and its early aging;
- Violation of the pH balance of the skin – a decrease in acidity promotes the development of bacteria and accompanies acne eruptions;
- Increased pigmentation, especially in hot weather;
- Allergic reaction and irritation.
During peeling, slight tingling and burning may be present, but this is a normal reaction. The norm is also considered slight redness, a feeling of tightness and unusual dryness after the cleansing procedure, after a while the defects will disappear without a trace.
Before peeling with calcium chloride, be sure to check your skin for contraindications:
- You have hypersensitivity to chemicals;
- Individual intolerance to calcium chloride;
- On the face there are foci of acne, inflammation or open wounds;
- The skin is thin, there are complaints of dryness and peeling;
- You belong to the light phototype;
- Any gestational age;
- Herpes and other manifestations of infectious diseases.
How is peeling at home
Many beauty treatments that are popular in the beauty salon can be performed at home. If you follow all the nuances of the procedure and adhere to the advice of cosmetologists, the result will be no worse than the salon.
Essential Tools and Ingredients
To cleanse your skin with calcium chloride, you will need:
- 1 ampoule of calcium chloride solution – for peeling, you need to use the concentration of 5%, you can buy the product at a pharmacy kiosk. Alternatively, you can purchase 10% solution and dilute it with the same amount of water;
- Soap – for peeling, use baby soap without additives, otherwise the proper chemical reaction may not occur and, accordingly, the desired result will not be achieved;
- Cotton pad (sponge);
- Natural face mask – you can buy a ready-made product or prepare it with homemade ingredients. It is recommended to use nutritious and soothing compounds;
- Cream for moisturizing.
Classic peeling technique
The peeling procedure with calcium chloride and baby soap is performed in the following order:
- Prepare your skin for cleaning: remove makeup residues, sweat and grease with a cleanser.
- Moisten a cotton pad in a solution of calcium chloride and treat your face with it, but do not touch the area near the eyes and mouth. After 1 – 2 minutes, apply another coat of the preparation. To achieve a pronounced effect, it is recommended to make up to 4 layers, and then wait for the latter to dry.
- Soap your fingers and massage them on the skin, pellets should form, as a product of a chemical reaction of calcium chloride and a soap solution. These spools take dead cells and dirt with them. You can lather not with your fingers, but with a cotton pad, and wipe the skin with it.
- Continue rolling until a “clean squeak” appears.
- Wash with warm water.
- Fix the result with a soothing mask and moisturizing cream.
If the peels do not appear during peeling, replace the soap with a different one.
There is another, easier way, how to do facial peeling with calcium chloride:
- Cleanse your face from daytime make-up, particles of dirt, sweat and grease in the usual way (using cosmetic milk, gel or facial lotion);
- Soap the face.
- Wet your fingertips with a chemical solution and perform a light facial massage. You will notice that pellets begin to roll under your fingers.
- Further actions are identical to the classical method: after the appearance of a special crunch, rinse the product with water, make a face mask and moisturize with cream.
Peeling with calcium chloride and baby soap is best done before bedtime, so that the skin calms down overnight, recovers, and slight redness disappears.
After peeling care
After exfoliation, it is important to ensure proper care. First of all, it involves the use of sunscreen cosmetics. Solar ultraviolet light causes pigmentation of the weakened epidermis, so be sure to apply a cream or spray with a high sunscreen before each exit to the street.
Beauticians also recommend 2 – 3 days after exfoliation to forget about physical exertion and sports training. This can slow down the healing process.
How often to cleanse
It remains to figure out how often it is possible to cleanse the face with calcium chloride, so as not to dry the skin and not harm yourself.
The course of cleansing consists of 7 procedures, after which you need to take a short break (3 – 4 months). As for the interval between procedures, it depends on the type of epidermis: for the fatty type, this is an 1 session in 7 days, for the normal type it is 1 treatment in 14-17 days, and for skin prone to acne, 1 exfoliation in 15 is enough days.
To ensure skin cleanliness and freshness, it is not always necessary to make sacrifices. The calcium chloride purification procedure proves this. Softness of action, ease of implementation, minimum risk of harm to health and instant result are the main advantages of this peeling. Be beautiful!