Acne appeared after peeling – for many, such a side effect of exfoliation is not just undesirable, but paradoxical. After all, women in the cosmetologist’s office are led by a desire to get rid of the manifestations of acne, acne or unpleasant comedones. Tired of masking such skin imperfections with cosmetics, they turn to the power of chemical or hardware exfoliation, which can erase all minor aesthetic defects from the face.
But sometimes the effect is the opposite – an even greater number of purulent pustules, which can only be removed with local antibiotics. We will figure out what to do if the problem has made itself felt.
Peeling and acne: cure or cripple?
Most types of peeling are designed to get rid of a skin defect such as acne. Women decide on chemical or hardware exfoliation in the hope of at least a year to forget about unpleasant inflammations, which often have to be hidden under powder or foundation. Good aesthetic results of peeling sessions are explained by the very mechanism of professional skin cleansing.
The basis of acidic and physical procedures is the destruction of the keratinized epidermal layer and the artificial stimulation of its deep renewal. Burnt by chemical compounds or injured by small abrasives, the skin tends to speedy regeneration. In the inner layers of the dermis, the double production of natural collagen and elastin fibers begins, blood circulation is enhanced, the skin easily assimilates nutrients and oxygen.
Internal changes lead to the fact that the dead cells of the epidermis exfoliate, they are replaced by healthy and smooth skin. The rejuvenation provoked by peeling from previous imperfections leaves no trace: wrinkles and tuberosity leave the face, the tone evens out, pigmentation becomes invisible or disappears completely.
Superficial and middle peels help get rid of acne, because their active components normalize the sebaceous glands, open clogged pores, reduce the secretion of skin secretion and block the development of pathogenic microflora. Properly selected taking into account age and type of skin exfoliation helps a woman to get rid of the “teenage” complex for a long time.
Any peeling, especially if it is carried out for the first time, is a stress for the skin. The reaction of the skin to external irritation with chemicals or scrubs can be predictable and typical, and it can also be unexpected and frightening.
Do not worry and rush for medical help if, after peeling, it appears:
- peeling. The keratinized epidermis department is the first result of peeling. The absence of such a result means that the procedure was performed or selected incorrectly. Therefore, peeling of the skin after peeling is the main and expected effect of exfoliation. How long the change of skin will last depends on the depth of penetration of the active ingredients and skin features. Peeling within a week is considered normal. The main thing is not to interfere in the process and not try to speed it up by scrubbing. To cope with dry scales without compromising appearance only patience will help. The skin will peel less after applying special care products;
- redness. The appearance of red patches on the face, especially after acid peeling, is nothing but a chemical burn. Weak redness (burn degree I) means that the procedure was successful, intense redness, accompanied by edema (burn degree II) is a sign of overexposure of the peeling composition, an overly aggressive or improperly selected chemical agent. Redness may persist for up to 5 days, then the skin will begin to turn pale;
- swelling in the eyes and neck. Most often, swelling can occur after a median peeling on the skin of a sensitive type. But from such a reaction the skin is not immune and the owner of oily or combination skin. You should not be afraid of edema, usually it subsides on its own within 2 days. Antihistamines will also help correct the situation.
Side effects of peeling include skin reactions to cleansing, such as:
- extensive pigmentation. The cause of the spread of brown age spots on young skin can only be exposure to ultraviolet radiation. During the period of restoration of the skin after a middle or deep peeling, they are protected from direct sunlight with special creams. This is a dangerous rule to break. It is also dangerous to perform serious acid peels in late spring or summer;
- scars and scars. Skin tightening and the appearance of scars are guaranteed if you interfere with the natural course of its healing. Do not touch dry crusts, do not tear off peeling and this problem will pass by;
- hives. This is an allergic skin reaction to a chemical peeling preparation or micron particles of abrasives. Nettle rash can occur immediately after the procedure and spread instantly. Extensive pale pink or red blisters itch strongly and cause a lot of inconvenience. Antihistamines and ointments will help relieve the condition;
- acne Acne after peeling can appear for various reasons. The most common are incorrectly selected procedure and careless attitude to post-peeling skin care. In addition, latent skin infections and a lack of preparation for exfoliation sessions can become causes of painful and deep inflamed pustules.
Also, complications after peeling include the appearance of papillomas, herpetic eruptions, exacerbation of dermatological diseases. Unsuitable exfoliation or violation of the skin regeneration regime can provoke small pimples or pustules.
Causes of acne and their prevention
The main reasons why acne may appear after peeling are divided into three categories: cosmetic, dermatological and household. Complaints of inflammatory rashes on the face are mainly addressed to experts by fans of superficial and median exfoliations. Pustular pustules can scatter the skin both with light glycolic peeling, and as a result of severe retinoic peeling. So, let’s find out why acne appears after peeling.
Cosmetic causes of acne:
- improper exfoliation. Peelings are not all ages. For example, young skin does not allow exfoliation of the middle or deep type. Until 25 years, cosmetologists recommend getting rid of aesthetic flaws only with the help of rare superficial techniques – soft fruit peels or ultrasonic facial cleansing. More serious exfoliation at a young age will certainly provoke the appearance of inflamed tubercles on the skin. Radical cleansing is allowed to be performed no earlier than 25-30 years. And only if there really is evidence for him;
- improper pre-peeling preparation is another cosmetic reason for the appearance of purulent pustules. On the eve of peeling, many experts advise preparing the skin for the procedure. How exactly – depends on the type of skin and the cause of their imperfections. For example, for owners of oily or combination skin with clogged and enlarged pores, comedones or acne 3-4 days before peeling, it is advisable to perform a manual or ultrasonic cleaning session. And for those who often suffer from herpes – a week before exfoliation, drink the antiviral drug Acyclovir;
- violation of the rules of post-peeling care. After peeling, acne can come out if a woman violates the protocol of nursing procedures. For example, in the first few days it touches the face, especially with dirty hands, breaks off dry crusts, tries to mask peeling with decorative cosmetics, does not cleanse the skin of the remnants of nourishing creams and masks;
An allergic reaction to a peeling preparation or abrasive also results in a rash. Chemical exfoliation should be preceded by an allergy test for the components of the product. To do this, a specialist applies a drop of the composition to the thin skin of the internal fold of the elbow or under the knee. If during 15 minutes no changes have occurred – the composition of the peeling is right for you. Remind your beautician before the procedure.
Dermatological causes of acne:
- infection of the skin with the facial mite Demodex. Prior to the exfoliation procedure, a woman may not suspect the presence of this parasite in the body. Demodex develops in the sebaceous glands and hair follicles, provoking extensive redness, inflammation and itchy ulcers. A subcutaneous tick can only provoke deterioration of acne and furunculosis after peeling – the face takes on a terrible appearance, inflamed nodules do not go away until 2-3 weeks. Beauticians must prescribe to patients an analysis for Demodex and Staphylococcus before the course of peeling procedures. And in case of a positive result – to carry out drug therapy;
- stress for the sebaceous glands. In response to an acid stimulus, the sebaceous glands can enhance secretion. In this case, the day after peeling, a pustular tubercle may appear on the face;
- hormonal imbalance associated with hormone therapy, chronic diseases of the endocrine system or the use of contraceptives.
Household causes of acne:
- visiting a bath or sauna during skin rehabilitation after exfoliation;
- physical activity provoking increased sweating in the first 3-4 days after peeling.
We get rid of inflammations correctly
What to do if acne suddenly appears after peeling? Do not hesitate to consult your doctor with your problem. Especially if the pustules hurt and do not pass for a long time. The advice of a cosmetologist can be different, depending on the condition of the skin, the number and depth of rashes, a specialist may prescribe the following:
- in no case squeeze abscesses;
- disinfect the skin with “Miramistin” (gently wipe with a cotton pad soaked in a solution);
- treat inflammation with Zenerit or creams containing metronidazole;
- take antihistamines to get rid of allergies;
- take darsonvalization of the skin;
- use zinc based products;
- in case of infection with a subcutaneous tick, antibiotic and antiparasitic treatment is added to standard therapy.
The treatment regimen for inflammatory nodules is selected individually. Therapy will help get rid of post-peeling acne for 2-3 weeks.
The appearance of acne after exfoliation can occur both in those who have not previously suffered from inflammation on the face, and in those who came to the cosmetologist to get rid of purulent rashes. The provoking factors are improper preparation of the skin for peeling, improper exfoliation, or the presence of hidden dermatological diseases. Only a professional doctor can exclude these causes of acne and protect a woman from complications. Therefore, it is so important to choose a competent and attentive specialist.