Deep face peeling is a serious experiment for the skin, which can end with an amazing result or a lot of complications and sorrows. To a greater extent, the outcome of peeling depends on the professional qualities of the cosmetologist and your behavior during the recovery period. To eliminate the risk of complications, contact only professionals.
What does deep peeling mean?
In cosmetology, the peeling procedure is considered one of the most popular and effective actions in improving the quality of the skin. Peelings will be useful at any age and for all skin types. Many of them normalize the work of the sebaceous glands and eliminate unaesthetic oily sheen, intensively moisturize the skin and enhance the production of natural collagen in cells, fight acne and acne.
Every year, the skin weakens and becomes flabby, the first wrinkles and creases appear, which deepen with age and age the face. In addition to this “bouquet” of age-related changes, scars and scars after acne, post-acne can be attributed. To correct these misunderstandings, cosmetologists recommend deep peels.
Deep peeling is a complex facial procedure and severe stress for the skin, because it involves the surface and deep layers of the skin, right down to the papillary dermis. The slightest mistake or improper action by a cosmetologist threatens with a lengthy rehabilitation and even residual scars on the face. Deep cleansing is a very painful procedure, therefore, it is carried out exclusively with preliminary anesthesia.
Carrying out deep peeling is possible only if there is evidence for it. The cleansing procedure is performed only in the beauty parlor under the guidance of highly qualified specialists. Repeating this procedure at home is prohibited.
Pros and Cons of the procedure
To hide age and facial wrinkles, whiten your face and get rid of congestive spots, post-acne and other complex skin imperfections, deep peeling will come in handy. However, before choosing a cleansing procedure, it is important to familiarize yourself with the positive and negative sides of this decision.
The advantages of deep cleansing of the skin include:
- The expressed result: peeling erases shallow wrinkles and scars from chickenpox, acne, stretch marks and sagging;
- The contours of the face become clear, fit;
- The procedure is one-time, and the effect is persistent and worthy.
In contrast to the amazing result after peeling, such difficulties as:
- High soreness of the cleansing procedure, therefore, anesthesia is performed before peeling;
- Prolonged rehabilitation after brushing – the period of restoration of the skin during normal course can last up to several months;
- A huge risk of harming the skin – even a slight excess of the exposure time with a peeling agent (highly concentrated acid, ultrasound or a laser beam) threatens irreversible complications;
- High cost of the procedure – deep cleaning is carried out exclusively by highly qualified staff, and the cost is overstated by the complexity of the procedure and the huge responsibility;
- A large list of contraindications.
Deep peeling is a responsible cosmetic procedure, therefore, it requires a balanced decision. Consider alternatives that can help you root out a problem. Only in the absence of an alternative and after a thorough examination by a specialist, proceed to deep cleansing.
Conducting a deep peeling forever limits you to sunbathing, tanning and requires regular use of sunscreens. If this fact is neglected, skin cancer may develop.
Carrying out a deep type of peeling is possible only if there are appropriate, serious indications. In particular, this applies to such skin imperfections as:
- Deep wrinkles and pronounced nasolabial folds;
- Congestive and senile age spots on the face;
- Flabbiness and low tone of the skin;
- Sagging soft tissues in the cheeks and neck;
- Stretch marks, atrophic scars and post-acne.
Types of deep cleansing
To perform deep skin peeling, modern cosmetology offers several treatment options. They absolutely differ in exposure technology, have their pros and cons, which must be taken into account by the patient before the upcoming choice.
Deep peels are:
- Chemical or acidic – using a highly concentrated acidic product on the face, the upper layers of the skin are burned, a kind of skin burn is obtained. The body in response to damage starts an active regeneration process. Thus, the renewed skin is several times more elastic and smoother than its predecessor. Strong acids (phenol, salicylic, retinoic) are used as the main component for purification. Phenol peeling is considered the deepest and most dangerous for human health, but the final result will inexplicably surprise and subdue you.
- Hardware – a laser beam or ultrasound is involved. Using special equipment, the cosmetologist acts on problem areas with ultrasound or a laser. Under their action, the destruction of dead cells and keratinized layers and the intensified launch of regeneration processes occurs. The procedure is more loyal, does not affect the integrity of the upper layer of the epidermis, unlike dry cleaning, therefore it is easier to tolerate by the patient. Laser resurfacing is the most popular method of hardware cleaning. The effect of such cleansing is growing, so you can see the final success of the procedure in at least 4 months.
- Mechanical peeling or deep dermabrasion is the easiest option for deep skin cleansing. The upper layers with wrinkles, scars and age spots are removed using a special abrasive cutter. An effective method of cleansing and smoothing the face, but it is very painful and requires long-term rehabilitation with the constant use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Deep cleansing is accompanied by swelling, peeling and severe redness of the face, the development of erythema. To exclude various diseases and herpes, which can make negative adjustments to the recovery process, cosmetologists attribute antibiotics and antiviral drugs.
The usual makeup products for the rehabilitation period are also not suitable, you need to buy a new one, devoid of fragrances and chemical additives that can provoke irritation of the skin. New products should be aimed at moisturizing and have healing properties – this will accelerate and facilitate the renewal of the skin.
Deep peeling for the face can not be carried out if at least one of the indicated symptoms is present:
- Diabetes mellitus at any stage;
- Period of pregnancy;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Epilepsy and other neurological disorders;
- Open wounds, abrasions and fresh cuts;
- The tendency to form keloid scars on the skin;
- General malaise and fever;
- Exacerbation of herpes and acne;
- Oncological neoplasms;
- An allergic reaction to one of the components of the product used during peeling.
Deep peeling lightens the skin a little, so in patients with a swarthy type of epidermis, the contrast between the renewed skin and normal is very noticeable. This fact does not limit possible purification, but is worthy of special attention.
The danger of deep peeling
The procedure for exposure to the deeper layers of the skin can cause complex and irreversible processes within the human body. This is not a medical error, but a response of the body to the actions taken. Even a healthy person may develop such complications:
- Acute heart and kidney failure;
- Hyperpigmentation, provoked by a violation of the endocrine system;
- A clear line of demarcation that separates the renewed skin, lacking pigment, with areas not involved during cleaning;
- Damage to melanocytes during the procedure deprives the skin of its natural protection against ultraviolet radiation, therefore, the risk of developing oncology increases;
- Hypersensitivity of the skin to external stimuli;
- A high risk of purulent processes in the soft tissues and rashes of herpes with further exacerbation;
- Scarring caused by connective tissue growth instead of epithelium. This can be caused by damage to the germ layer of the skin during cleaning.
All these complications pose a threat to the life of the patient, so weigh your decision well before choosing a deep peeling.
Deep peeling is a chance to restore youthful skin without plastic surgery. Many women who dared to have such a serious procedure ended up looking 10 – 15 years younger. How justified the risk is for you to decide!