Diamond peeling is a cosmetic salon procedure, it helps to cope with minor skin imperfections without pain and unpleasant consequences. The technique resembles grinding of surface tissues with special nozzles. After one session, there is a narrowing of the pores, an increase in tone, an equalization of the skin tone and face relief.
About the cosmetic procedure
Diamond face peeling (in other words, microdermabrasion) refers to effective and gentle cleansing procedures. After one cleaning, up to 80% of dead and old cells are removed, small wrinkles are smoothed out, the face looks refreshed and toned. We will examine in more detail what it is, what result to expect after the procedure.
For diamond peeling, special equipment is used. Using nozzles of various grit and size, the cosmetologist works out even hard-to-reach areas (near the wings of the nose, in the ears).
Diamond is considered the hardest mineral, it perfectly removes dead layers. In addition to mechanical resurfacing, the equipment creates vacuum pressure, which additionally massages weakened tissues, accelerates blood flow on the face.
Microdermabrasion is also a very comfortable procedure, no pain and complications after cleaning. Anesthesia is not required for resurfacing. During diamond peeling, exfoliated particles of epidermis, dirt and dust are absorbed by the equipment. This prevents inhalation by the patient.
Diamond peeling is intended for all skin types after 25 years. Positive changes on the face are noticeable after one session, but for a more pronounced effect and elimination of the problem, it will take up to 20 procedures.
The main goal of the diamond procedure is to cleanse the skin and activate its regenerative functions. Purified pores allow the skin to breathe, fill the cells with oxygen and nutrients. At the same time, there is an accelerated renewal of epidermal cells, active production of their own collagen and elastin, which prevents the appearance of wrinkles and lethargy of the skin.
Microdermabrasion not only qualitatively cleanses the skin, its advantages include the following changes with the epidermis:
- a blush and natural radiance of the skin appear due to the acceleration of metabolism in the epidermal cells and blood microcirculation;
- small scars, wrinkles are smoothed out, post-acne becomes less noticeable;
- lightening of pigment spots and smoothing of the shade of the epidermis occur;
- the pores become narrower, an unaesthetic shine and a problem with the oily integument disappear;
- contributes to the extinction of inflammatory processes in the skin, the reduction of acne on the face.
Indications for conduction
Cosmetologists recommend doing diamond peeling if there is at least one of the indications:
- uneven skin tone;
- freckles, age spots due to an individual reaction to sun exposure;
- painful appearance of the face, unusual dullness and pallor of the integument;
- residual scars, congestive spots after acne;
- Ingrown hairs that provoke the appearance of blackheads;
- comedones, black dots;
- “goose pimples;
- problematic oily epidermis (enlarged and clogged pores, greasy shine);
- the first wrinkles are noticeable, the tone is lost, the natural elasticity of the fibers;
- Shallow stretch marks on the body and face;
- tendency to acne and acne.
Microdermabrasion can be done as a preventative measure of early aging or in the fight against cellulite. Cosmetology experts say that the diamond procedure slows down the development of the “orange peel”, strengthens the metabolic processes inside the epidermis, and helps to eliminate the problem, provided that you eat properly and exercise regularly.
Diamond face peeling is an effective and useful procedure. But it is important to consider that with complex problems, deep wrinkles and scars, the effect may be less than you expect.
The method of diamond cleaning is very popular. For its implementation, aggressive cosmetic products that can cause an allergic reaction are not used.
Despite this, the method of purification has an extensive list of contraindications:
- burns, wounds and abrasions, any damage to the surface in the area of cleansing;
- ulcers, herpes, warts on the face;
- ulcers, extensive rashes in the treated area;
- hyperkeratosis, scleroderma;
- papillomas, moles, oncological neoplasms;
- inflammation of the skin and diseases that contribute to it;
- disorders of the respiratory system (for example, bronchial asthma, tuberculosis);
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- breastfeeding and menstruation;
- gastrointestinal tract problems;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, the presence of pacemakers;
Microdermabrasion should not be performed in patients with skin diseases after tanning. Particular caution, and in some cases a ban on microdermabrasion, is possible for patients after exfoliation with chemical compounds.
Order of conduct
Diamond face peeling is a rather lengthy and painstaking procedure. It can not be done at home, only under the guidance of a qualified doctor.
Please note that microdermabrasion should be carried out in compliance with hygiene and sanitation rules, and the used nozzles and tools need to be disinfected. Violation of these requirements is dangerous by infection of the epidermis, skin diseases from a previous client, the formation of suppuration in the future.
“Diamond” cleaning in time takes 30 – 50 minutes. No patient preparation is required.
The procedure involves the following phased actions:
- Before microdermabrasion, the cosmetologist removes makeup residues, rinses off particles of dust and fat that have accumulated on the surface in a day.
- It is important before cleansing to thoroughly steam out the skin to soften them and facilitate the removal of dead cells, sebaceous plugs. For this, cosmetics with a warming property or a steam bath are used.
- Up to 40 minutes, the beautician acts with brushes, nozzles with diamond spraying on the skin. The intensity of exposure, grain size and diameter of the diamond nozzle are selected solely by the type of skin of the patient in the affected area of the face. As a rule, at least two types of nozzles are used to perform microdermabrasion. Wrinkles, scars and hard-to-reach areas are especially carefully worked out.
- The cleansing procedure is carried out without prior anesthesia or anesthetic cosmetics. Therefore, in case of pain, the patient should notify the doctor.
- At the end of cleansing, a nourishing serum and a soothing cream are applied to the face.
Please note that after the procedure, the epidermis is more susceptible to cosmetic products, the beneficial components are absorbed and absorbed by the cells faster, and their effect on skin problems is enhanced. Use this to speed up rejuvenation or whitening.
How to behave after cleaning
After peeling, the patient’s skin becomes denser and drier. In connection with this fact, cosmetologists recommend using moisturizing serums and creams-fluids during the rehabilitation period.
Thinning of the surface layer of the epidermis weakens the defense against harmful ultraviolet radiation. Therefore, during 8 – 10 days, try not to go outside, and be sure to include cosmetics with sunscreens (SPF 25 and higher) in your care products.
To prevent infection of the integument through sweat during the rehabilitation period, physical activity and exercise, going to the bathhouse or sauna are prohibited.
Put cosmetic products for face care containing alcohol until the epidermis is completely restored. In this case, use only mild cleansers, creams and serums without harmful impurities and chemicals.
Attention, put off the use of powder, foundation and other makeup products. You can clog pores with them and cause irritation of the integument.
How often do peeling
How often and how many diamond cleansing procedures will be required is for the cosmetologist to decide. However, please note that cleaning is not permitted more than once a week.
The duration of a diamond peeling course depends on the result you want to achieve. The more complex the problem, the more peelings you will need:
- 1 – 2 sessions provide high-quality cleansing of the integument, eliminating clogged pores;
- 2 – 3 procedures can smooth the skin texture, refresh the appearance;
- 4 – 5 peelings will relieve acne, reduce the risk of acne in the future;
- 5 – 10 sessions are necessary for whitening freckles, age spots on the face;
- 5 – 8 procedures will be required to combat wrinkles and reduced tone;
- 10 – 12 peelings provide smoothing of scars, post-acne and stretch marks;
- 5 – 6 sessions are sufficient to prevent early aging of the integument.
Complications after cleaning
Diamond peeling is classified as a safe cleansing procedure. The risks of harming the skin are negligible. Microdermabrasion is not characterized by severe peeling and persistent erythema. After cleaning, slight redness is possible, which disappears within a short time.
After peeling with diamond nozzles, the face may become covered with a light film. This phenomenon is permissible, it will pass without outside interference.
In violation of contraindications, requirements for sterility of the instrument, infection of the integument is possible. For this reason, choose proven beauty salons.
What is diamond peeling, tangible results after this procedure have already been evaluated by thousands of women. Microdermabrasion, according to cosmetologists and customers, is one of the most gentle and safe procedures for cleansing and transforming the skin.