Enzyme peeling is a unique and painless way to brighten your face with a healthy radiance of the skin, and not a greasy shine, wrinkles or peeling. The procedure is ideally perceived by the epidermal cells, does not cause painful, uncomfortable sensations and, most importantly, is suitable for all clients, regardless of the type of integument and age category. Enzyme peeling can be performed even with a capillary mesh on the face and increased skin sensitivity.
- 1 What it is?
- 2 Pros and cons of the technique
- 3 What enzymes are used in cosmetology
- 4 Indications for peeling
- 5 Expected effect
- 6 Enzyme peeling in the salon
- 7 Professional peeling products
- 8 We make peeling with enzymes at home
- 9 Further skin care
- 10 Course of procedures
- 11 Contraindications
What it is?
The accelerated rhythm of life, stress and lack of sleep, unbalanced nutrition and poor ecology negatively affect the condition of the skin. Modern cosmetology offers a huge selection of procedures, of which enzymatic peeling is noticeably distinguished. Let us consider in more detail what it is, advantages and disadvantages of the procedure.
Cleansing the skin with enzymes or enzymes refers to surface peels, only unlike acid exfoliations, their effect is non-aggressive and delicate.
The action of enzymes is aimed at weakening bonds with dead cells, the destruction of dirt and fat particles, which accompanies high-quality skin cleansing. The role of enzymes in the normalization of metabolic processes cannot be underestimated; they also stabilize the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
A feature of enzymatic peeling is its softness. There are practically no side effects after such cleansing, and the result pleases for a long time. In addition, you can carry out the procedure at home, without risking harm to your health.
Enzymatic peeling can be used at any age. In youth, the procedure allows you to moisturize the skin, cleanse clogged pores and protect the epidermis from the attacks of harmful bacteria and infections. In adulthood, enzymatic cleansing provides improved metabolism in the cells of the epidermis and accelerated renewal of the integument, restoration of the lost elasticity of the fibers and tone, smoothing the tone and topography of the skin.
Pros and cons of the technique
Enzymatic face peeling is a useful and effective cosmetic procedure. Its main advantages include:
- universality of application – peeling with enzymes is possible at any age;
- not addictive;
- does not require preparation;
- can be performed at any time of the year;
- the effectiveness is not inferior to peeling with fruit acids, but the effect is much milder;
- well cleanses and softens the skin;
- after the procedure, the use of makeup products gives great results;
- instant effect;
- no pronounced redness and peeling on the face;
- suitable for home, unprofessional conduct;
- has a minimum of contraindications;
- it is ideal to use enzymes to solve the problems of hypersensitive, irritable skin, as well as in the presence of vascular networks.
Enzymatic peeling also has minor disadvantages:
- the technique is not suitable for radical changes and rejuvenation of the integument;
- in violation of the application technique, exacerbation of acne, dermatitis is possible.
Attention! The abuse of enzyme peels reduces the protective properties of the skin and leads to its overdrying. To reduce the risk of such complications, consult a cosmetologist for advice. A specialist will prescribe a course of procedures taking into account the characteristics of your skin.
What enzymes are used in cosmetology
Despite the young age of enzyme peeling, there is a rich arsenal of the main active ingredients (enzymes). Their combination depends on the problem that the client encountered.
Enzymes get in different ways: from plants and fruits, as a result of fermentation of individual bacteria or from bones, animal glands. Enzymes differ in their technique for treating a skin problem and help achieve great changes. Consider the main enzymes that are used for face peeling.
The following substances belong to the group of popular enzymes of plant origin:
- Papain (Papain) – quickly destroys dead layers, has increased antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties that help cope with problem acne and blackheads on the face. To obtain the enzyme, the fruits, peel and leaves of papaya (melon tree) are used.
- Sorbain (Sorbain) – activates the metabolism in healthy cells of the epidermis, and removes dead, dead cells. Lemon and papaya are used to obtain this ingredient;
- Bromelain (Bromelain) – another enzyme from the fruits of papaya, lemon and pineapple, which is actively used to solve the problems of problematic skin. The enzyme, in addition to high-quality cleansing of the integument, eliminates inflammation and swelling, has a high immunomodulating, wound healing and lipolytic effect.
- Arbutin (Arbutin) – perfectly whitens the skin and blocks the synthesis of the pigment melanin, like kojic acid. The substance stimulates the production of natural collagen. You can find such a useful enzyme in bearberry, lingonberry or Caucasian blueberry.
- Actin (Aktinidin) – an ingredient from the fruits of kiwi. Its main action is aimed at the destruction of peptide bonds connecting the amino acids of the protein. This helps to quickly and thoroughly cleanse the surface of dead epidermal cells.
- Ficin (Ficin) is a plant enzyme found in the stems and leaves of figs of the species Ficus sp. The enzyme makes it easy to get rid of dead cells, participates in the hydrolysis of native collagen, stimulating its production.
Among enzymes of animal origin, the following are recognized as effective:
- Lysozyme (Lysozyme) – increases the protective properties of the skin, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. The ingredient obtained from chicken egg protein breaks down the intercellular bonds and bacterial cell walls.
- Pepsinum (Pepsinum) – is distinguished by activity in matters of protein breakdown to peptides. Get it from the gastric mucosa of cattle, pigs and sheep.
- Trypsin (Trypsin) – destroys proteins, peptides. This enzyme is obtained from the pancreas of calves.
- Chymotrypsin (Chymotrypsin) – in action and receipt is similar to trypsin.
The activity is characterized by enzymes obtained during the fermentation of a group of bacteria Bacillus subtilis. To this type of enzyme, cosmetology distinguishes the following:
- Travaza (Sutilains) – has a strong exfoliating, loosening effect. The substance is also used to lighten the skin.
- Subtilisin (Subtilisin) – stimulates the breakdown of protein and peptides, surpasses papain in efficiency.
A separate group of enzymes is occupied by components obtained from fermented milk products (lactoglobulin, casein, alkaline proteinase I, II and others). They perfectly soften the integument and destroy peptide bonds, activate the synthesis of their own collagen.
Vitamins, plant extracts and proteins, minerals supplement the action of these enzymes. For convenient application of the enzyme peeling agent, white clay (kaolin) is added to its composition.
Indications for peeling
Enzymatic peeling is recommended for such skin problems:
- comedones, black dots;
- enlarged and clogged pores;
- friability, porosity of the epidermis;
- “goose pimples”;
- decreased tone and the first signs of aging of the integument;
- superficial, wrinkles;
- excessive oily skin, unpleasant greasy shine on the face;
- tendency to acne, acne;
- risk of acne;
- skin pigmentation, freckles;
- increased irritability of the integument.
Enzymatic peels are ideal for preparing for serious cosmetic procedures, for surgical intervention to rejuvenate the face.
Enzymatic cleansing is also recommended for customers for whom acid exfoliation is limited by a state of health or an allergic reaction.
The peeling result is visible immediately after the procedure. Customers will be pleased with such changes on the face:
- pores are cleaned and partially narrowed;
- natural, even shade of the epidermis;
- skin without black dots and comedones;
- incredible softness and tenderness of the integument;
- no coarsening, dryness and peeling;
- surface smoothness, wrinkles are almost invisible;
- the face shines with health.
To achieve the maximum effect, the durability of the final improvements in the skin, it is recommended to conduct enzymatic peels in courses.
Enzyme peeling in the salon
Enzyme facial peeling is a pleasant treatment that is conducive to relaxation. Your cosmetologist will need no more than half an hour to hide skin imperfections, return velvety and tenderness to her.
The day before the procedure, it is not recommended to use cosmetics, which include fruit acids, retinol, and also postpone depilation.
Before cleaning, the product used for peeling must be tested for composition tolerance. To do this, a little mixture is distributed on the wrist, on the inner bend of the elbow. After 10 minutes, the beautician examines the skin for a reaction.
Enzymatic peeling is carried out in several stages:
- The skin is prepared for application. To do this, the beautician performs makeup remover, removes dirt and grease particles with a special line of cosmetic products (gel, lotion).
- Applying the actual peeling agent. The main stage of peeling is performed in strict sequence: first, the composition is distributed to the frontal zone. Then onto the cheeks, chin and cheekbones. Last resort is applied to the eyelids, lips and décolleté. Please note that not all products can be applied to sensitive areas around the eyes and lips.
- The exposure time of the enzyme preparation varies within 10 – 30 minutes. It depends on the features of the skin and peeling technique. A cosmetologist can enhance the effect of the composition with a light massage of the skin of the face or by steaming the integument before applying the peeling agent.
- If the peeling agent does not contain acid particles, only enzymes, then only warm water is used for removal. In other cases, a special neutralizer is used.
- At the end of the procedure, the cosmetologist performs a nourishing, soothing mask for the client or treats with an activating serum. To consolidate the result, a cream with a high level of UV protection is applied to the face.
After applying the enzymes to the face, a slight tingling and burning sensation is possible – this is an acceptable reaction to the drug only if the manufacturer stipulates this in the instructions. With the removal of the product, the discomfort disappears.
Enzymatic peeling is an excellent preparation for further mechanical cleaning or laser resurfacing of the skin. They are performed immediately after removal of the enzyme agent.
Professional peeling products
For peeling with enzymes, professionals use proven and high-quality drugs. Especially popular are the cosmetic lines of famous brands from the professional segment:
- GiGi enzyme peeling. The drug contains several types of enzymes, vitamin C, citric acid and urea. This combination guarantees a deep and high-quality cleansing of the integument, removal of dead layers and dead cells. The result is clean and delicate skin. The product can be combined with massage or applied to steamed skin to enhance its effect.
- Enzyme Peeling Gel Janssen. No less popular and effective drug. After applying the composition to the face, washing is not required, just roll it up with your hands or a napkin. The maximum effect of the drug can be observed after a two-week course of peelings.
- Danne’s Prozyme Enzyme Peeling. This preparation is in powder form and needs to be diluted with an activator. The product can not be distributed on the sensitive periorbital region and on the lips. The duration of exposure to the skin should not exceed 15 minutes.
- Enzyme peeling exfoliator Renew Enzyme Exfoliator. The drug has an extensive list of indications, easily copes with acne rashes and loss of tone. Cleaning does not take much time; the exposure time of the composition to the surface is 3 – 5 minutes. Peeling with this product is allowed every 3 – 4 days.
The proposed tools are recommended for professional use.
We make peeling with enzymes at home
According to the methodology, home-made enzyme peeling is identical to the salon procedure. Manufacturers of products used for peeling can make small adjustments, so before using the product, carefully read the instructions.
Cosmetic companies are very sensitive to the preferences of customers and have prepared separate product lines for them so that they can feel what enzyme peeling is at home, without wasting time and money to visit a cosmetologist. Such funds are usually loyal in pricing and easy to use.
Several enzyme preparations for unprofessional, home cleansing have strengthened in the cosmetics market:
- Enzymatic salicylic peeling Stopproblem. The action of the drug is additionally aimed at curing rosacea. The manufacturer of the product offers two types of exposure: superficial and deep. With surface peeling, the composition is distributed on cleansed skin for 7 – 15 minutes. For deeper cleansing, the product is also applied to clean skin, only then it is covered with a plastic film, and the exposure duration is extended to 20 minutes.
- Enzyme Peeling Express Purifying Foaming Peeling. The product is intended for customers with oily and combination skin type. The rich and effective composition of the product does not need a long-term effect on the integument: for superficial cleansing, the preparation is aged on the face for up to 3 minutes, and for deep cleansing – up to 10 minutes.
- Enzyme peeling Mirra. The main ingredient of the product is papain. The product does not contain preservatives and parabens, easily eliminates visible skin defects. After applying to the face, the manufacturer recommends keeping the composition for up to 20 minutes, not paying attention to tingling and slight burning.
When choosing a tool for home peeling, be sure to read the recommendations from the manufacturer. Choose products for your type of integument and it is advisable to consult a specialist before use.
Further skin care
After enzymatic peeling, no pronounced peeling is observed, the process of updating the integument proceeds calmly and does not require complicated care.
The main rule for a quick and hassle-free restoration of the integument is regular moisturizing with a cream and protection from sunlight. To solve the last problem, it is necessary to apply special cosmetics with elevated UV filters throughout the entire treatment course.
After enzymatic peeling, clients note the appearance of such complications:
- seborrheic and allergic contact dermatitis;
- exacerbation of herpes;
- increased acne rashes.
Course of procedures
How many procedures with a bioenzyme preparation are required depends on the condition of the skin, the age of the patient and the composition used to cleanse. On average, 5 – 8 peelings per 1 – 2 session per week are enough.
If we are talking about professional products, which include acids, then it is carried out before 10 procedures with an interval of 7 – 10 days.
An enzymatic procedure is unacceptable in the following cases:
- there is an allergy to the components of the peeling agent;
- dermatitis and other skin diseases in the acute stage;
- reduced immunity and the accompanying chronic ailments (for example, diabetes mellitus);
- there are wounds, abrasions and any violations of the integrity of the integument on the face;
Enzymatic peeling is a unique and safe method to eliminate skin imperfections. The procedure is practically devoid of flaws, has a minimum of contraindications and is easy to carry out. Such peeling can be safely called budgetary: there are no unnecessary waste on the preparatory and post-peeling stages.