Ferulic peeling has conquered the whole world of cosmetology with high efficiency in cleansing and rejuvenating the skin. This is truly a unique procedure that has a minimum of contraindications, provides a pronounced result and, in rare cases, causes a complication. Ferulic acid peeling can be performed at any time of the year, and even for patients with hypersensitive skin.
What is this procedure
Ferulic peeling is one of the nanotechnologies for cleansing and accelerating skin renewal, developed by Spanish scientists. The procedure belongs to the group of chemical peels. It is aimed at removing keratinized stratifications of dead epidermal cells, which cause insufficient intake of oxygen and nutrients deep into the skin, aging of the skin and the active manifestation of age-related defects.
Ferulic acid of the same name is used to affect problem areas of the skin. This is one of the fruit or alpha hydroxide acids (ANA). Fruit acids are distinguished by a delicate effect on the epidermis and a high result. They can be found in cereals (wheat, oats), in the pulp and seeds of fruits, in sugarcane and dairy products.
Ferulic acid peeling is a popular procedure in cosmetology centers. For its implementation, as a rule, they use a special Spanish preparation from MediDerma. In addition to the main ferulic acid, it includes a number of other acids, therapeutic and vitamin supplements.
The procedure of ferulic facial cleansing refers to the surface appearance of peeling, but the result is close to the median. Peeling is carried out only after consulting a cosmetologist with the patient and in the presence of concomitant indications.
What is the difference from other chemical peels
The procedure of ferulic face peeling differs from other types of chemical skin cleansing in the following ways:
- Peeling is carried out regardless of the season and weather outside the window;
- Preliminary preparation for the cleansing procedure is not needed;
- Minimum contraindications;
- It is considered a safe type of chemical peeling;
- For purification, the most effective nanocapsules are used;
- There are no crusts, films after the procedure, so you can return to work after 1 – 2 hours;
- During peeling with ferulic acid, the patient does not feel any discomfort, burning or pain;
- The peeling agent does not injure the epidermis and does not harm it;
- The ferulic preparation used in purification has a harmonious nanocapsule structure as close to the skin cell as possible, therefore biologically active components are delivered purposefully and eliminate unpleasant consequences;
- Such a procedure guarantees a high and lasting result;
- It relieves skin problems, smoothes and rejuvenates the face.
Ferulic peeling is the latest in cosmetology. It easily corrects visible defects and prevents their occurrence in the future without the risk of complications and restrictions in everyday life.
Briefly on the composition of the ferulic preparation
Ferulic acid is used for peeling. This substance belongs to the group of AHA acids and is found in the juice of umbrella plants, in coffee beans, in peanuts, pine nuts, apples and other products.
Ferulic acid has high antibacterial properties, in addition, it is an excellent antioxidant. By acting on epidermal cells, the acid neutralizes the damage from free radicals, reactive oxygen species and thymine dimers. All of them negatively affect the health of cells, their structure and condition. For example, reactive oxygen species and thymine dimers can damage the DNA of a cell and stimulate the appearance of malignant tumors, melanoma.
For such a peeling, cosmetologists use a special tool from the company MediDerma. This is a highly effective drug. Its composition, in addition to ferulic acid, is filled with malic and salicylic, glycolic, lactic and ascorbic acids. An extensive complex of vitamins, natural plant extracts, as well as spinach powder complements and softens their action.
All the ingredients of ferulic peeling are arranged in nanocapsules, which are similar in structure to the cell membrane. This allows the drug to easily penetrate deep into the skin and only become active there. This penetration technology is characterized by a ten-fold excess of the effectiveness of the action, in comparison with conventional formulations, it acts purposefully and does not cause an adverse reaction to the skin from toxic components.
Products for ferulic skin peeling are unique and high-tech products. Their nanocapsules easily penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, are evenly distributed and have maximum effect on problem areas and the reasons for their destabilization. All this is due to the correct and harmonious structure, the minimum size of the capsules of the active drug.
Indications for the procedure
The action of ferulic peeling is so accurate and effective that it allows not only to eliminate existing defects of the skin, but also to slow down the process of withering in the future.
Let us consider in more detail the indications for the use of purification nanotechnology:
- There is a noticeable lack of moisture in the cells, the skin is very dry, peeling is possible;
- Increased oily skin caused by abnormal sebaceous glands;
- Signs of biological wilting of the epidermis;
- Photoaging of the skin;
- Hyperpigmentation on the face of any nature;
- Acne eruptions, even severe;
- Acne, rosacea and the presence of residual traces after them;
- The presence of defects in the periorbital region (wrinkles, pronounced blue under the eyes);
- Noticeable epidermal seals caused by stratification of dead cells.
For those who could not perform skin peeling before the spring activity of the sun, but want to look decent, there is no need to despair. Peeling with ferulic acid will solve all the problems and defects of the skin even on hot days without the risk of pigmentation and separation from the daily routine.
What result to expect
Ferulic acid peeling has established itself as the best chemical facial cleansing procedure. This is not surprising, because after it, patients will be pleased with the following changes:
- The face becomes clean and smooth;
- The skin is actively renewed, a large amount of its own collagen is produced. After peeling, you will increase the tone of the integument and the lifting effect. The contours acquire a clear outline, the face looks younger;
- There is a natural slowdown in the aging process and tissue withering, so the result is persistent and will please for a long time;
- The metabolic processes and blood circulation are accelerated. Outwardly, you will notice a healthy glow of the skin and a uniform shade;
- The work of the sebaceous glands is stabilized, so an ugly greasy shine disappears, giving way to a fresh natural shade;
- The growth and development of bacteria slows down, so problem acne and acne pass several times faster;
- The neutralization of free radicals and other harmful particles prevents the development of cancers;
- Excessive dryness of the epidermis disappears, the skin becomes soft and velvety;
- The production of collagen and elastin fibers stops the aging of the epidermis.
An amazing fact, but in contrast to the compositions of other chemical peels, the effect of ferulic acid from ultraviolet radiation only intensifies. Therefore, the sun’s rays do not harm the cleansing procedure, but only increase the protection of skin cells from such effects.
The whole process of skin cleansing does not take much time and involves the following steps:
- Preparation of the skin for the effects of ferulic acid – for this, 1 – 1,5 weeks before peeling, a special cream enriched with fruit acids is applied to the skin.
- During the procedure, the face is cleaned and a special composition for ferulic peeling is applied.
- After the exposure time, the peeling agent is washed off with water.
- The cosmetologist performs a mask with a calming effect, applies face cream and, if necessary, sunscreen.
Despite the simple protocol of the peeling procedure, ferulic acid cleansing can be carried out exclusively in the beauty parlor under the close supervision of a specialist.
Facial peeling with ferulic acid involves a course of 3 – 10 procedures. You can perform skin cleansing after 7 days from the previous one, so that the skin recovers as much as possible and is ready for further work.
Rehabilitation and possible complications
Ferulic acid, like any chemical, can cause side effects. After peeling the skin with ferulic acid, patients may expect several unpleasant moments:
- Slight swelling and redness of the skin, which pass within 1 hours on their own;
- Slight peeling of the skin on 3 day after the cleansing procedure. You don’t need to worry, it will last no more than 1 – 2 days. Beauticians recommend during this period to turn to moisturizing problem areas and the use of sunscreens;
- An allergic reaction and severe swelling almost never happen.
Cleansing the skin with ferulic acid is strictly contraindicated in patients:
- In the presence of an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients of the peeling composition;
- If there are ulcers on the face, open wounds or foci of inflammation;
- With infectious diseases;
- During exacerbation of herpes;
- For expectant and nursing mothers.
Ferul face peeling is a very effective and useful procedure at any age. For young beauties, this is an assistant in the fight against acne, post-acne and acne, and for women after 35 years – an excellent find for rejuvenating the face and slowing down the aging process. Take a great chance to preserve the beauty and youth of your face without pain and complications!