Fruit acid peeling is an effective type of skin cleansing using special acids. The main components of the product used guarantee a soft impact along with a high result. Fruit peeling of the face in a matter of time stabilizes the sebaceous glands, eliminates unpleasant oily sheen and faded skin, normalizes metabolic processes and reduces the occurrence of acne, blackheads. Plus, cleaning can be carried out both in the salon and at home.
- 1 What’s this
- 2 Fruit Peeling Acids
- 3 Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
- 4 Indications
- 5 Contraindications
- 6 What affects the effectiveness of the procedure
- 7 Fruit peeling in the cabin
- 8 How to behave after cleaning
- 9 How is peeling done at home
- 10 Popular home peeling products
- 11 Alternative home peels
Fruit peels are a type of chemical cleansing of the skin in which only ANA acids (alpha-hydroxy or fruit acids) are involved. The procedure is safe for the client, and for the skin will be a real cocktail of strength and health.
Fruit acid peeling presupposes a predominantly superficial type of cleansing, affecting only the upper layers of the epidermis. But in some cases, the cosmetologist can use highly concentrated solutions of acids to enhance the depth of penetration and the strength of their action on the problem. Independently carry out median and deep fruit peeling at home is prohibited.
Peeling with fruit acids is not a discovery of modern cosmetology. Acids were used thousands of years ago in the corners of ancient Egypt, in ancient Rome and in Russia, only in the role of exfoliant was concentrated lemon juice, apple or sour milk. Modern scientists have summarized the beneficial properties of fruit acids, have created excellent cosmetic products based on them, convenient for salon and home use.
Fruit peels are a very popular cosmetic procedure. Its feature is safety and softness of action. Some acids (lactic, glycolic and others) are well known to epidermal cells, therefore they are easily perceived without causing complications.
A course of chemical peels based on fruit acids guarantees a quick improvement of the condition of the integument, normalizes the functioning of cells and glands, speeds up the process of skin renewal and corrects visible imperfections on the face.
As a rule, fruit acids are used for surface exposure to integuments. They do not injure the surface of the face and allow you to make the skin smooth, soft and supple in a matter of days.
Fruit Peeling Acids
For peeling fruit acids in the salon using cosmetic products containing several acids at the same time. This allows you to comprehensively influence the problem with the skin, accelerate its recovery and at the same time improve the condition in several directions.
The standard set of fruit acids for peeling consists of the following ingredients:
- Glycolic acid – in addition to cleansing, an acidic product evens out the shade of the epidermis, helps get rid of age spots, adjust the skin texture and increase its tone. In nature, glycolic acid is found in large quantities in sugarcane and unripe grapes.
- Citric – acid whitens the skin, and is also harmful to bacteria and infections. It is abundant in all citrus fruits, especially in kiwi, lime and lemon.
- Milk is a moisturizer and freshener of the skin. Acid helps smooth wrinkles, increases the tone and elasticity of the fibers, gives the skin a healthy glow. The component can be found in fermented milk products (yogurt, kefir), as well as in sauerkraut, in apple and tomato.
- Apple – this component accelerates metabolic processes in the cells of the epidermis, stimulates the renewal of integuments. Scientists note the high content of malic acid molecules in apples and tomatoes.
- Wine – has strong exfoliating, moisturizing and whitening qualities. You can find it in orange, grape fruit and, of course, in wine.
The multicomponent composition helps to cope with many skin problems and will be useful for any type of epidermis.
Fruit peeling in the salon will make your skin soft and supple, and your face refreshed and young. It is useful to carry out similar procedures to owners of problem skin types and, in some cases, adolescents for therapeutic purposes.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Fruit peeling at home and in the salon is popular. Such facts accompany this:
- allows you to solve skin problems of various degrees: from small acne, comedones to severe wrinkles;
- There is an extensive list of indications for implementation;
- a face peeling course with fruit acids has a rather profound effect on the integument, which allows you to delay earlier aging of the integument and prevent the appearance of problem acne, acne in the future;
- the procedure has an insignificant list of contraindications;
- This is a universal technique for eliminating imperfections of the skin, carried out for all skin types, regardless of the age of the client;
- after surface peeling for a face with fruit acids, the rehabilitation period is only 2 – 3 days;
- the used acid composition in most cases is well perceived by the skin and does not cause complications;
- You can carry out fruit peeling for the face at home, using special cosmetic products or alternative masks based on natural ingredients.
The negative aspects of cleansing the face with fruit acids include:
- peeling should preferably be planned from November to February, so that solar activity in hot weather does not cause a splash of skin pigmentation;
- the procedure is carried out in courses, from a single session the effect is negligible;
- during peeling, slight tingling, tingling is possible.
Superficial cleansing with fruit acids helps to fix the problem of integument in the early stages, refresh the skin and significantly improve its elasticity, make it soft and velvety. And all this without lengthy rehabilitation and health risk.
Beauticians recommend using peeling with fruit acids for the face, if you are concerned about such skin problems:
- increased fat content and porosity of the integument;
- frequent rashes on the face, acne and acne associated with increased oily epidermis;
- black dots and comedones that give the skin scruff;
- dullness, dullness on the face or oily sheen;
- facial or age wrinkles, folds and grooves;
- signs of withering of the skin;
- age spots, freckles;
- scars and scars in the face;
- hyperkeratosis, unusual roughness of the skin;
- decreased tone of the integument, sagging;
- loss of clarity on the contour of the face.
Fruit procedures can be carried out as a preventive measure for early aging of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles, to ensure proper facial care. They will be especially relevant at the age of 25 – 35 years, when there are no serious age-related defects with the skin.
In order for the acid cleansing procedure to leave only pleasant memories and the expected result, it is recommended to adhere to all the recommendations of specialists.
Fruit exfoliation cannot be performed on clients in the following cases:
- there are ulcers on the face, boils and acne;
- with allergies to the components of the peeling agent;
- the skin is prone to scarring after cleansing;
- there are wounds, abrasions and cuts;
- with rosacea;
- during the exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- with general ailments, in a febrile state;
- there are rashes of herpes on the face, with SARS;
- there are neoplasms on the treated area;
- for patients with hemophilia and other blood diseases;
- with increased sensitivity of the skin;
- after a recent visit to the solarium;
- during pregnancy and lactation.
It is not recommended to carry out acid cleansing during menstruation and hormonal disruptions. A change in hormonal levels may cause an unforeseen reaction to the peeling composition.
Before exfoliation, it is imperative to test for an allergic reaction. This will help to avoid unpleasant consequences, irritation and rashes.
If you decide to peel fruit acids at home, consult a cosmetologist for advice. He will carefully study the condition of your skin and its problem, and will also recommend which points should be paid attention to when choosing a peeling product and how to make it without complications.
What affects the effectiveness of the procedure
The effectiveness of the purification is influenced by several main factors. This is the frequency of conduct, the concentration of the agent used and the exposure time (exposure). Let’s consider them in more detail.
As already mentioned, fruit peels are carried out in courses. The frequency of sessions is determined by the cosmetologist, based on the age and condition of the skin, as well as on the result after the first procedure.
The number of procedures in the full course, as a rule, varies within 7 – 15 peelings with an interval of 10 – 14 days. If you have minor problems or peeling is done for the purpose of prevention, then here you can do with fewer sessions:
- for patients up to 25 years with problematic skin type, with comedones and black spots on the face, 1 – 2 procedures per month are sufficient;
- for patients 25 – 30 years old, it is recommended to perform 2 – 3 procedures per year to prevent early aging of the integument;
- for the age of 30 – 45 years, you need to complete a full course of 4 – 6 procedures, and then every 1 – 1,5 months in preventive measures;
- for mature skin 45 + fruit cleansing is suitable only as a preparatory stage for deep peeling or plastic surgery.
Concentration and exposure time
The concentration of the acidic agent, its composition is chosen by the cosmetologist after determining the type of skin and the degree of problem. The more complex the problem and the higher the patient’s age, the more intensive the exposure.
It is also worth noting that a high concentration of acid lengthens the rehabilitation period and complicates its course, increasing the requirements for the patient’s health and professionalism of the cosmetologist.
Using at home concentrations above 15% can be dangerous. Improper use of the acidic composition can lead to chemical burns and complications.
The duration of exposure of the acid composition depends on the condition and type of skin and is selected individually. If you overexpose the acid on the face, then it can significantly harm the patient. That is why it is recommended to trust only professionals with extensive experience in cosmetic procedures of this kind.
Fruit peeling in the cabin
Superficial fruit peels do not require special preparation and antiviral preparations from the client. To enhance the effectiveness of acid exposure, cosmetologists recommend adding a special product, which contains a small amount of fruit acid, to 7 – 10 days before peeling. This is done in order to soften the stratum corneum of the epidermis and accelerate the process of removing dead cells from it.
Professional peeling is performed with high quality products. Their composition is chosen by a specialist taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient’s skin. The concentration of acids in such cosmetics is higher than in products for home procedures, so professional skills and knowledge cannot be dispensed with.
Acid peeling for the face in the salon is carried out according to the usual algorithm for dry cleanings:
- Make-up removal and preliminary cleansing of the skin with soft cosmetic products. In this case, scrubs, aggressive compounds are prohibited to use, so as not to scratch and damage the integrity of the integument.
- Degreasing the surface of the face with a special lotion or tonic.
- Application of the acid composition and holding it for 2 – 10 minutes, depending on the brand, concentration of the product and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Acid neutralization. After applying the neutralizer, the cosmetologist removes the particles of the product with water.
- Apply a nourishing and soothing mask, selected depending on the type of skin of the client, as well as a cream with a moisturizing effect.
The whole procedure takes 30 – 50 minutes. After superficial fruit peeling, slight redness is possible, which will pass on its own within a few hours.
Fruit peels are a very convenient cosmetic procedure. On the one hand, you noticeably refresh your face and improve the condition of your skin, and on the other, you don’t feel any discomfort or limitations in your daily lifestyle.
How to behave after cleaning
The process of cleansing the skin with fruit acids does not require special post-peeling care. Exfoliation of dead cells and their replacement with new ones proceed gradually, almost imperceptibly. You can use the usual cosmetics, apply makeup.
The only thing cosmetologists recommend delaying is a trip to the sea and a tan for several weeks.
Be sure to use sunscreen after peeling, whether there is sun or not. Choose creams and lotions with at least 30 SPF to avoid post-peeling skin pigmentation.
If acids of increased concentration (more than 15%) are used for cleansing, then the risk of severe chemical burn with the appearance of blisters, pain and burning is high. In violation of the technology of the procedure, scars and discoloration remain, persistent erythema, and the appearance of puffiness is characteristic of sensitive skin.
How is peeling done at home
Home peeling is slightly different from salon. First, less concentrated formulations are used that reduce the risk of complications. Secondly, finished peeling products can be replaced with natural masks from products rich in fruit acids (lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, fruits and others).
Facial peeling at home using a ready-made acid product is carried out in the following sequence:
- Read the instructions and rules for using the drug proposed by the manufacturer.
- Perform a test allergy test. To do this, apply a little funds on the wrist or on the inner fold of the elbow. After 15 minutes, monitor the reaction. With severe burning, pain and irritation, the composition cannot be used.
- Moisten your face with water and apply a little cleanser. Massage the skin until a foam forms, then wash with warm water.
- Wipe your face with fruit lotion to remove particles of fat. Rinse off the product.
- Start applying the acid composition. Using a soft, special brush, spread the exfoliant in this order: on the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, and if necessary, on the neck and décolleté. Do not touch the eyes and lips. The product is applied in parallel strips, evenly.
- After 2 – 3 minutes, neutralize the activity of the acidic agent with a neutralizer. After washing with plenty of water. In the future, the exposure time can gradually increase to 15 – 20 minutes.
- To soothe the skin, moisturize the skin with cream. Be careful, fragrances, the chemical components of the cream can harm, choose only high-quality and hypoallergenic cosmetics after peeling.
Popular home peeling products
Peeling products at home and in the salon differ in composition and quality. Consider the well-known cosmetic products for home cleansing in more detail:
- Cream mask with ANA acids from “Bark” (Russia) – the product can significantly improve the condition of the skin, lighten and smooth out imperfections on the face, narrow pores and eliminate oily sheen. According to user reviews, the drug does not cause allergies and gently affects the epidermis. Please note that the product can not be used for owners of very sensitive skin.
- Janssen Inspira MFA (Germany) – a drug from the professional line of the famous Janssen Cosmeceutical brand, can be used in home and salon conditions. The biocomplex of fruit acids will provide softness and tenderness of the skin, smooth the face, give freshness and healthy radiance.
- Skinlite (South Korea) – a peeling product guarantees a delicate effect and is suitable even for sensitive epidermis. After cleansing, the skin is velvety and tender, without irritation and complications. This is ideal for home use.
- Meishoku Detclear bright & peel aha & bha fruits peeling jelly (Japan) is an excellent option for peeling with fruit acids at home. Use of the Japanese product is recommended for owners of dry and sensitive skin. Decent result at an affordable price.
Before use, be sure to read the instructions, but rather consult a professional for advice. It will indicate the frequency of cleansing and draw attention to the nuances of the procedure.
Alternative home peels
If you are not ready for the effects of a ready-made acid product on your skin, you can turn to folk cosmetology. Recipes for masks based on lemon juice, kefir, citrus juice or strawberry rubbing will be justified. We offer several popular natural face peeling masks.
Lemon juice will help refresh your face, narrow your pores and cleanse your pores, and increase your tone. To prepare a cleanser, you will need:
- half a lemon;
- natural base oil (olive, almond or linseed) according to skin type.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Mix juice with oil in the proportion of 2: 1.
- Cleanse your face with milk or face wash.
- Apply the cooked lemon mixture to your face. Distribute the composition evenly and quickly.
- After 3 – 4 minutes, wash yourself with plenty of water. With each procedure, increase the exposure time.
Perform such procedures regularly, 1 – 2 times in 7 days, depending on the type of cover. After a month, you will find perfectly delicate and velvety skin.
Base oil can be replaced with natural liquid honey. You need to mix it with the same amount of lemon juice. Please note that honey is an allergenic product.
Do not limit yourself to these recipes, experiment. Wiping with fresh fruits will make up for the deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the cells of the epidermis, activate intracellular processes and microcirculation of blood, activate the synthesis of their own collagen, and the acids contained in them will help to remove dead cells and cleanse the pores of sebaceous plugs.
Be attentive to yourself and your skin, express it in quality care for it. And professional peelings will help you with this!