Peeling with rosacea is a controversial cosmetology procedure. Among the experts of the beauty industry there are its opponents and supporters. Any extraneous effect on the skin affected by rosacea should be accurate and superficial, not violating the microcirculation of blood in the face. Therefore, manual cleansing and massages are categorically contraindicated for skin with rosacea. Improperly selected or too aggressive exfoliation with the vascular mesh can lead to its expansion and the occurrence of inflammation. To make capillary stars less noticeable or to destroy them completely with the help of peelings, you can, most importantly, know compromise techniques.
How peeling for rosacea will help
Cuperosis is not only an aesthetic defect, but also a rather serious vascular disease, therefore it is one of the contraindications for many cosmetic procedures. However, some types of peelings, both chemical and physical, are acceptable as a reduction of its manifestations. A general requirement for all methods of professional skin cleansing for rosacea is their gentle character and the degree of penetration of the active component no deeper than the granular layer of the dermis.
Cuperosis manifests itself in the form of a bright pink network of dilated capillaries and small vessels visible through the skin, the walls of which are thinned. The skin subjected to rosacea requires a particularly careful treatment. Excessive exposure to weakened vessels can only worsen the situation: the disease will begin to progress and the area of capillary stretch marks will become larger. In extreme cases, beauty procedures can even provoke the development of an inflammatory process.
A similar situation with a thoughtless choice of exfoliation technique can occur with rosacea, another skin integument disease characterized by extensive red spots. Rosacea is often found in women of mature and old age who communicate with cosmetologists for the purpose of rejuvenation. Therefore, peeling with rosacea should also be a compromise, ideally superficial and delicate. Median exfoliation in this case of vascular disease is strictly forbidden to be carried out independently – only in the salon or clinic by the hands of a professional.
With rosacea, the vascular walls lose their density and elasticity. Thin capillaries cease to respond normally to external stimuli: temperature changes, stress, or physical activity. Damage to them with aggressive peeling compounds or methods can lead to bruising and deep bruising. Therefore, peels for skin with rosacea should not only rejuvenate the skin, but also strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
Cuperosis has three main stages of the disease, and peelings are permissible only at the I and II stages of its development:
- the first symptoms of rosacea in owners of dry facial skin manifest themselves in the form of periodically occurring itchy and flaky foci of redness. In those whose skin is combined or oily symptoms of the onset of the disease may not occur;
- at the next stage, the symptoms become more serious, and the disease leaves no doubt: on the thin skin of the cheeks and wings of the nose there are “threads” and “stars” of the capillaries;
- Couperosis is considered neglected with the appearance of such painful signs as extensive crimson spots and bulging vascular nodules. With this development of the disease, peelings and other manipulations are contraindicated, and it is necessary to deal with it with medical rather than cosmetic methods.
Those who suffer from physical inactivity, have a habit of drinking alcohol or smoking frequently, may find spicy or oily foods in their diet, and have chronic vascular diseases can detect such unpleasant “surprises” on their skin. Also at risk are owners of sensitive and susceptible skin.
Correctly selected face peeling in case of rosacea can have a beneficial effect on the affected skin and at the same time solve several related problems:
- acid compositions and hardware procedures for surface and mid-surface cleansing violate not only the dead epidermal layer, but also deformed capillaries. Internal regeneration of the skin contributes to the formation of the epidermis already without these defects;
- as a result of the procedures, the “stars” and “threads” of the vessels that appear on the surface of the skin are destroyed, the microrelief of the skin improves;
- peeling composition for skin with rosacea as an additional has a pronounced anti-aging effect – facial and age wrinkles are reduced, skin tone becomes higher;
- means for exfoliation in parallel help get rid of acne, comedones and pimples;
- age spots and freckles become less noticeable.
Contraindication for any peeling of peeling skin is bleeding wounds, abrasions, microcracks in the affected area, inflammatory processes on the face, foci of herpes, pregnancy and lactation, allergic reactions to components of peeling products.
It is possible and necessary: chemical peels
Only special means of chemical exfoliation are applicable for exfoliating skin with a distinct vascular network. With stagnation of blood in the capillaries, the techniques should be as gentle as possible. Peeling preparations for rosacea are characterized by low concentrations of active substances: acids or enzymes. Chemical peeling for facial skin with vascular stretch marks I and II degree of the disease can only be superficial.
- Glycolic peeling for rosacea. Glycolic acid is one of the most popular chemical compounds that help cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. The substance’s molecule is so small that it can easily penetrate cell membranes and start the renewal process in the epidermis, simultaneously destroying the “stars” from the capillaries.
- Peeling coral chips. Coral exfoliation with rosacea is permissible only for 2-3 minutes;
- peeling with lactic acid is optimal for sensitive and prone to allergic skin. In addition to anti-inflammatory properties, it strengthens and brightens the skin;
- peeling with phytic acid is prescribed by cosmetologists for elderly patients. Due to the voluminous molecules of phytic acid, the exfoliant works only on the surface of the skin, without affecting the deep layers of the dermis;
- retinoic peeling. The so-called yellow peeling is most often recommended for young women with rosacea. The tool reduces redness and soothes dilated vessels, making them less visible;
- almond peeling – a gentle technique, ideal for dark skin with a manifestation of the vascular network;
- peeling with azelaic acid is an effective way to get rid of the symptoms of rosacea and rosacea. The drugs have a disinfecting and calming effect;
- enzymatic peeling not only significantly moisturizes the skin, but also helps to cope with the deformation of small vessels and capillaries. For skin prone to rosacea, compositions based on milk enzymes, as well as trypsin, are recommended.
Some women perform glycol peeling at home. Among the means for home exfoliation, Belita is a ready-made kit with glycolic acid. Peeling “Belita” can be purchased at a professional cosmetics store or pharmacy. Refrain from purchasing Belita over the Internet so as not to become the owner of a fake. Glycolic peeling “Belita” is carried out by the course: 1 times in 2 weeks. It is better to start with a few minutes, gradually increasing the exposure time to a quarter of an hour. “Belita” does not involve the use of a neutralizer and is removed with ordinary water.
Contrary to popular belief, Jessner peeling for rosacea is contraindicated. Despite its softness, the “Hollywood” technique is safe and does not cause side effects only on the skin without serious aesthetic defects and dermatological diseases. Jessner’s classic peeling consists of 3 components, not all of which are acceptable for vascular networks: salicylic and lactic acid, resorcinol in 14% concentration. Sometimes citric and glycolic acid, as well as isopropanol can be added to Jesner’s famous exfoliation. Jessner peeling has excellent anti-aging, antiseptic and whitening properties, but in the fight against rosacea it is not only powerless, but also prohibited.
Precautions: physical peels
Acceptable hardware peels from rosacea, more precisely, its visual manifestations, boil down to cleansing the skin with ultrasound and a gas-liquid solution.
- Ultrasound peeling. Acoustic waves act superficially and do not damage the deep layers of the epidermis. In this case, heating of subcutaneous tissue has a beneficial effect – ultrasound stimulates blood flow and has a massage effect;
- Oxygen (gas-liquid) peeling. In this case, the correction of the vascular network occurs with the help of a gas-liquid jet, which is applied to the face skin under high pressure. Saline, distilled water or a drug is enriched with oxygen. The product exfoliates old cells and promotes drainage of capillaries;
- Carbon peeling – a combination of chemical and physical peeling. Carbon nanogel under the influence of laser radiation helps to get rid of rosacea.
Other common physical facial peels, such as microcrystalline dermabrasion, cryotherapy or laser resurfacing, are contraindicated in case of rosacea.
Error-free procedure: important recommendations
In any case of peeling in case of rosacea, consultation with an experienced cosmetologist should precede it. A specialist will advise what type of exfoliation is suitable in your case, what concentration the composition is needed and how many sessions are permissible in order to return attractiveness to a person.
- patches of skin with the manifestation of rosacea are treated last with peeling preparations, and neutralized with the first;
- peeling course for symptoms of rosacea has a limited number of sessions, which should be separated by at least a two-week break;
- during the recovery period after the course, the patient begins preoral administration of drugs that strengthen the walls of blood vessels and multivitamin complexes with a high content of trace elements of groups P and K. What kind of drugs will be better known from the attending physician-therapist, because all drugs have a number of contraindications.
The protocol of peeling procedures for rosacea is specific. Unlike regular exfoliation, these sessions are shorter and less frequent, due to a long break between peelings, the course becomes longer. Therefore, it is better to plan it for the autumn-winter period.
Getting rid of rosacea at home
You can also get rid of an unattractive mesh of capillaries on your face with your own home-made means. It is necessary to conduct self-exfoliation sessions twice a week. To feel the effect of such peelings, you will have to be patient. But completely natural remedies eliminate the risk of complications.
Peeling with white clay and essential oil
- 4 tbsp white clay (kaolin powder);
- 2 tsp grape seed essential oil.
- dilute white clay with essential oil to a uniform consistency;
- we apply means for peeling on the face;
- After 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Honey and Milk Peeling with Starch
- 4 tsp starch;
- 2 tsp liquid honey;
- ½ cup warm milk.
- mix all the ingredients of the product;
- apply a peeling mixture to the face;
- rinse with warm water after 20 minutes.
Many women, especially in old age, wonder what face peeling can be done in case of symptoms of rosacea. Cosmetological treatment of this disease should be selected individually depending on its stage. And the first thing to do is not to prescribe advertised drugs on your own, but to consult with a specialist about the possibility and duration of the course. However, whatever the exfoliation in rosacea, it cannot be the only solution to the problem. This disease requires complex therapy, including medication. And at stage III – a complete rejection of peeling and going to the doctor.