Choosing for themselves physical or chemical exfoliation as a means of youth and beauty, many people think about how often it is possible to do face peeling. This is a complex and delicate question, the answer to which for each woman will be individual. The frequency of peeling procedures depends not only on the time of the year, but also on the depth of exposure to the skin of acidic compounds or abrasive materials, on the age and reaction of the skin to exfoliation. To know what should be the breaks between the most popular peeling procedures, and which – the intervals between courses is important in order to get the expected aesthetic effect, and not complications.
The importance of the interval between peelings
Exfoliation is one of those beauty procedures that helps a woman prolong her youth by correcting age-related defects in her appearance, but at the same time assumes a clear cyclical nature of her performance. Patiently withstanding certain intervals between peelings, it is also important how to choose the right cleansing, follow the protocol of the procedure and the stages of post-peeling skin care.
The process of mechanical, hardware or dry cleaning of the face involves the artificial destruction of the keratinized epidermal layer and the stimulation of skin regeneration. A physical or acid agent in contact with the middle or deep layers of the dermis causes serious changes in cellular structures. In an effort to replenish the protective barrier impaired by peeling, the skin begins to intensively produce collagen and elastin fibers, cell division is accelerated, micronutrients arrive at them, and blood circulation normalizes. The dead epidermis is replaced by a young and tender one. Together with scales and crusts, peeling removes facial wrinkles and age wrinkles, age spots, redness, enlarged pores are cleansed and narrowed, scars become invisible, and many dermatological diseases, such as rosacea and acne, pass.
Provoked chemical or thermal burns, grinding with small abrasives cause significant damage to the skin. For women, peeling is rejuvenation and an effective way to get rid of aesthetic defects, and for skin – it is a huge stress. Even if the face cleansing course was performed at home, and not in cosmetology, give the skin a rest. Many peeling involves a minimum of 3 months for a complete restoration of the epidermis after the procedures, so it is strictly forbidden to get involved in exfoliation.
The interval between peelings is not a universal amount of time. The duration of the intervals depends on many factors. First of all, from the type of exfoliation and the depth of exposure to the skin of acidic compounds and abrasive particles. The deeper the peeling, the longer the skin will heal.
How long you need to take a break between peelings depends on:
- penetration depths of chemical compounds, laser beams and other agents that violate the upper layer of the epidermis. Deep peels suggest the longest rehabilitation after procedures, scrubbing at home is minimal;
the age of the woman. Young skin does not require frequent care, unlike aging skin, which needs regular support;
causes of aesthetic defects. Anti-aging exfoliation should be repeated much more often than, for example, procedures to reduce acne or signs of photoaging;
- skin type. Dry facial skin requires careful treatment and rare loads, oily or combination, on the contrary, need constant normalization of the sebaceous glands.
The frequency of physical peels
Physical face peelings are a broad concept. They combine mechanical and hardware methods of skin renewal, which are performed both in the salon and at home. During physical exfoliation, the dead epidermis is ground using small abrasive elements, which include particles of natural scrubs (ground coffee beans and fruit stones, sea salt), diamond dust or coral chips, water and oxygen molecules that are applied to the skin under high pressure with gas-liquid peeling . Mechanical peeling includes exfoliation of the skin with soft brushes and sponges, liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy), ultrasound and a laser beam (laser peeling or resurfacing).
For the most part, physical facial peeling in the salon and at home is a gentle surface exfoliation, aimed more at correcting external defects and stimulating metabolism than serious rejuvenation. In addition to laser exfoliation, which is an effective remedy for wrinkles and other age-related skin changes. We will figure out how often to do face peeling in the case of specific mechanical and hardware techniques.
- Brossage. This surface exfoliation involves hardware exfoliation of the skin with soft massage brushes and elastic sponge nozzles. Brossage gently removes dead epidermis and stimulates blood flow to the deep layers of the dermis, improving their nutrition. As an easy skin renewal or its preparation for more serious peels, it is recommended to perform borsage at any time of the year with a course of 8-10 procedures.
The interval between procedures is 1-2 weeks (depending on the sensitivity of the skin), the interval between courses is a minimum of 3 months.
- Scrubbing. Superficial cleansing of the skin with organic scrubs with natural particles can be done both in salons with the hands of masters and at home. Scrubbing compositions contain crushed coffee grains of coffee, fruit seeds, gums, sugar, sea salt or coral dust. The course of mechanical peeling with scrubs consists of 6-8 procedures.
Owners of oily and combination skin can take a short break between procedures – 7 days. Dry skin is more injured, it thins faster and recovers longer, for it the interval between scrub sessions is 2 weeks. The interval between the peeling courses for all skin types is the same – 3 months.
- Ultrasonic peeling. Facial cleansing using high-frequency ultrasonic waves is one of the safest and most gentle surface peeling methods. The acoustic wave breaks the cells of the old epithelium – as a result of the procedure, the complexion is leveled, the skin takes on a freshened look. Ultrasonic exfoliation is rarely carried out as an independent course, mainly it serves as a preparation for other types of peeling, for example, chemical peeling.
For oily, combination and aging skin, 4 to 8 ultrasound procedures are required once a week. For dry and sensitive – 1-2 manipulations per month. A break between courses is a minimum of 3 months.
- Gas-liquid peeling. This physical exfoliation is performed only in the beauty salon with the help of expensive equipment. Mechanical exfoliation of the stratum corneum of the epidermis is carried out without direct contact with the skin using a cold water stream enriched in carbon dioxide and oxygen. Sometimes antiseptic drugs can be added to the peeling composition (for example, for the treatment of acne or acne). A water jet at supersonic speed destroys the old epithelium and improves blood circulation to the deeper layers. As a result of the peeling course, the tuberosity of the skin, wrinkles and scars are smoothed out, age spots are lightened, and inflammations pass.
The course of gas-liquid peeling includes from 4 to 6 sessions with a periodicity of 1 week. The interval between courses is 3 of the month.
- Microcrystalline dermabrasion. This peeling is a mid-deep type. During the hardware procedure, the dead epidermis on the entire face or only in problem areas is sanded using special cosmetic tips with diamond spraying. Diamond brushes help reduce wrinkles, improve complexion, remove pigmentation, scars and scars. Sometimes microdermabrasion is performed using application anesthesia, which suggests that the skin is seriously injured and requires a long healing time.
The course of microcrystalline dermabrasion includes from 4 to 6 peeling sessions. Manipulation can be done no more than 1 times in 10-14 days. The interval between courses is from 3 months to six months (depending on the type and reaction of the skin).
- Laser peeling or resurfacing. Another mid-deep peeling for the skin of the face, designed to solve anti-aging problems, eliminate the effects of dermatological diseases or injuries. The laser beam does not have a controlled thermal burn on the skin, thereby stimulating the production of “youth fibers” – collagen and elastin. Laser peeling is one of the effective ways to rejuvenate aging skin and fight old scars or scars.
The number of procedures in the course of laser peeling – from 6 to 8. A break between sessions – at least 1 week. The interval between courses is about 4 months.
The average for all physical peels (salon and home) are two time parameters: the interval between mechanical cleaning procedures should be at least a week, and the interval between courses should be at least 3 months.
Frequency of chemical peels
Many women prefer chemical exfoliation due to the diversity of its types, purpose and speed of solving aesthetic problems. Acid and enzymatic compositions of the desired concentration allow you to exfoliate the skin at a certain depth, thereby correcting not only small defects in appearance (for example, facial wrinkles or acne), but also reduce serious age-related changes, hyperpigmentation and rosacea. We will find out how often to do chemical face peeling in the case of superficial, median and deep techniques.
- Superficial peeling. Such acid or enzymatic exfoliation “dissolves” only the upper layer of the epidermis. Most often, surface manipulations are performed using fruit, glycolic and lactic acids, as well as enzymes and peptides. The purpose of surface peelings is to combat facial and first age-related skin changes, signs of photoaging.
The course of surface peelings consists of 5-8 sessions, a mandatory break between which is from 10 to 14 days. The interval between courses is 4-6 months.
- Middle peeling. Medium facial cleansing, in addition to correcting minor imperfections in appearance, helps to prolong youth, get rid of hyperpigmentation, tuberosity after acne, and inflammatory processes. For median peels, more concentrated acid preparations are used, which are washed off with neutralizers. It is dangerous to carry out such exfoliation at home, it is better to trust a professional. As a result of mid-peels, acid molecules can penetrate to the granular layer of the dermis, therefore, a chemical burn should be controlled. Frequent enthusiasm for TCA peeling, retinoic peeling, azelaic, phytic, pyruvic and their analogues leads to complications.
It is necessary that the course of median peelings consist of no more than 3-4 sessions with a break of 2 weeks. Such exfoliation is carried out only 1 once a year in autumn or winter.
- Deep peeling. This is a serious exfoliation, which can only be performed in a beauty salon. The destruction of the entire layer of the epidermis and the initial layer of the dermis occurs with the help of toxic phenolic acid. Deep peeling is only suitable for mature skin or skin that has scars and scars.
The deep phenol peeling course consists of the 1 procedure, which should be repeated no more than 1 once a year and only in the autumn-winter season. Throughout life, only 3 deep exfoliation sessions are allowed.
Correctly choose the frequency of peelings for a woman can only be a professional cosmetologist. Indeed, rare exfoliation will not bring results, and frequent – it is dangerous with the risk of side effects.