The attractiveness of the uneven and uneven skin of the face will help return a special peeling to narrow the pores. It is advisable to know about the properties of this cosmetology procedure to all owners of oily or mixed skin. Expanded pores are not just an aesthetic defect associated with psychological complexes. Contaminated skin ducts accumulate toxins, dust and other harmful atmospheric compounds, preventing the skin from receiving enough oxygen. In response to uncleanliness, the skin reacts with acne and painful inflammations.
Why do pores expand?
The reasons for clogging of pores are explained by their functions and anatomical structure. A network of skin pores is the multiple tubules to which the sweat and sebaceous glands come close. Each pore contains a microscopic hair, because it begins with a hair follicle emerging on the surface of the skin. The pores are designed to drain the sebum from the dermis and unhindered growth of even hair invisible to the eye.
Beauticians call pores – the lungs of human skin and a full-fledged organ of the body’s excretory system. They participate in the process of heat transfer, promote respiration and external hydration of the skin, protecting it from dryness and premature aging. Therefore, it is important to keep the pores clean.
An increase in pore size is a sign of contamination. First of all, the increased secretion of the sebaceous glands affects the blockage and extension of the tubules. The skin does not have time to release on its own from excessive amounts of fat, which over time cells of dead epithelium, atmospheric dust and hair scales adhere. As a result, the stomata of the hair follicles become so clogged that in the mirror we begin to notice unaesthetic blackheads and comedones. If you ignore this skin signal, harmless black spots become a hotbed of bacteria and microorganisms, turn into painful pustules and boils.
The enlarged pores make themselves felt in the T-zone of the forehead, nose and chin. During the period of hormonal surges, for example, in adolescence, the ducts become wide in the cheek area. For owners of oily skin, this situation may persist for many years.
Expanded tubules do not just become so, there are internal or external prerequisites for this. Special cosmetic peels to narrow the pores will help solve the problem, but this will be a temporary measure. To get rid of such a decorative face defect seriously and only a comprehensive approach will help for a long time. To do this, you need to understand which of the triggering factors is present in your life, and then try to exclude or weaken it.
- an excess of makeup. Clogging of the skin tubules is facilitated by the frequent and abundant application of foundation, powder, or other greasy and heavy masking agents. Do not be zealous with applying makeup, wash it off before going to bed, get rid of expired and low-quality cosmetics;
- mistaken care for oily skin. Use of unsuitable nourishing or moisturizing agents for this skin type;
- frequent smoking and alcohol consumption provokes increased toxicity of the body;
- an unbalanced diet high in fatty, fried and pickled dishes, as well as muffins and pastries. Processing complex carbohydrates and fats causes the body to get rid of excess calories in all possible ways, including through the skin;
- a genetic predisposition to oily or mixed skin types is the only factor that is unlikely to change. In this case, physical and chemical peels will help to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, as well as observing personal hygiene rules;
- hormonal failure or malfunction of the endocrine system of the body. Especially at the stage of puberty, the onset of pregnancy or menopause;
- metabolic disorder and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Solarium abuse or prolonged sun exposure. Ultraviolet light entails photoaging and disruption of the natural production of collagen. As a result, the function of the sebaceous glands hypertrophies, which negatively affects the state of the pores.
Physical peels for pore cleansing
A noticeable result in the alignment of the microrelief of the skin is provided only by professional salon procedures. There are several types of exfoliation peels that cosmetologists offer women as a treatment. What will be the choice of a specialist for you depends on many factors. For example, from a tendency to allergies to fruit acids, the presence of concomitant chronic diseases, inflammatory processes and injuries to the skin.
Popular physical methods for reducing the pore network on the face are cryotherapy, microcrystalline dermabrasion, and laser peeling. They differ in the depth of exposure to the skin (superficial and median), indications for use and cost.
- Cryotherapy. The effectiveness of such peeling is based on the known ability of soft tissues to contract under the influence of low temperatures. Facial massage with liquid nitrogen is suitable for any age and helps to narrow the pores of both young girls and women in years to the same extent. Cold causes ducts to close at the level of protective reflexes. Along the way, cryomassage stimulates blood circulation in the affected area, accelerates the metabolic processes in the epidermal cells and slows down the sebaceous glands;
- Microdermabrasion. Unlike cryotherapy, microcrystalline dermabrasion is a more aggressive and expensive type of peeling. Indications for it, in addition to serious porosity of the skin, are age-related changes. With microdermabrasion, the skin surface is leveled due to its hardware grinding with a diamond tip or brushes with micron diamond crystals. The procedure is painless, but requires only in the cold season. Enlarged pores through microdermabrasion are eliminated during 4-5 peeling sessions;
- Laser peeling. The principle of laser peeling is based on the physical treatment of the skin of the face with a laser tip with a specific wavelength of the beam. A light ray causes a change in internal processes in the epidermis, triggering natural rejuvenation. Regenerating under the influence of laser healing, the skin is smoothed, enlarged pores become invisible. The visible effect of laser peeling appears after the first session, the course result from 6 procedures is stored up to 4-5 years.
Almost all physical peels from enlarged pores have contraindications. Therefore, do not decide on your own which technique is right for you, consult a beautician.
Chemical peels for pore cleansing
Peelings, the main active ingredient of which is natural or synthesized acid, also help to narrow wide pores. Contacting with the skin of the face, acids in low cosmetic concentrations destroy the upper layer of the keratinized epidermis. A “controlled” burn artificially awakens cells to actively regenerate and produce their own collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, the skin is smoothed and a woman can forget about the enlarged pores for about a year.
- Glycol peeling belongs to the class of surface procedures with fruit acid. Suitable even for young skin with expanded pores during puberty. Due to their micron size, glycol molecules are able to penetrate deeply into epidermal cells and stimulate rejuvenation processes. Glycolic peeling “raises” the bottom of a deep pore and thereby makes it almost invisible;
- Almond peeling with gentle and mild mandelic acid. It has a lifting and anti-inflammatory effect. As well as glycolic, deeply cleanses wide pores and helps to reduce them in an 3-4 session. Its advantage is the absence of a ban on holding in the sunny season;
- TCA peeling. This superficial and median exfoliation is ideal for porous skin, as well as to eliminate stretch marks after acne. It is performed by preparations based on trichloroacetic acid only in specialized cosmetology clinics. The problem of enlarged pores is not the main one in the list of indications for TCA peeling. Its solution occurs along the way due to the general rejuvenation of the face.
Most chemical peels to reduce enlarged pores are relevant only in winter or in the offseason. Ultraviolet rays are dangerous for renewed skin and can negate the effect of exfoliation.
Tighten pores with home remedies
Salon peels, of course, an effective tool in the fight against deep pores on the face. But it is possible to reduce the manifestations of enlarged pores without leaving your home. The main thing is to have patience, because to return to the face an attractive look, and the skin – smoothness with proven folk remedies is not fast. It may take about 2 months to achieve the noticeable effect of home peeling against wide pores.
Oatmeal Peeling Mix
- 3 tsp oat flour;
- 3 tsp crushed lemon peel;
- 1 egg white;
- 10-15 ml. juice of fresh lemon.
- mix all the ingredients of the peeling mixture at the same time;
- apply the composition to the skin of the face;
- rinse with warm water after 20 minutes.
Straw Peeling with Starch
- 3 large berries of fresh strawberries;
- 1 egg white;
- 2 tsp potato starch;
- 10-15 ml. olive oil.
- mix peeling components at the same time;
- apply on face skin;
- massage with your fingertips and leave the mixture for 20 minutes;
- rinse off with warm water.
Whatever the choice of a suitable peeling to minimize enlarged pores, cosmetic procedures alone will not be enough. Even if it will be a course treatment. Only a comprehensive approach will help to forget about the problem of skin tuberosity for a long time, which, in addition to daily and proper facial care, will include a balanced diet, rejection of bad habits and unlimited visits to the solarium, and, if necessary, diagnosis of the hormonal background and the work of the entire endocrine system of the body.