Laser peeling is a targeted and effective weapon against wrinkles, sagging and other skin problems. In addition to deep cleansing of the integument, you will find a pronounced anti-aging effect. These high results last until 5 years, and the risk of complications is ten times lower than deep acid peels. It is not surprising that the laser procedure is so popular and in demand in modern cosmetology.
The essence of laser exposure
Wrinkles on a woman’s face are not a decoration at all, but an incentive to action. Laser peeling will help smooth skin texture, increase firmness and elasticity of tissues. What is laser face peeling, its types and other important details of the technique, we will consider further.
Laser cleansing of the skin in cosmetology is called laser peeling. The procedure is very responsible, the slightest delay in the cosmetologist threatens with a tissue burn and other complications. It is performed exclusively in clinical conditions, under the guidance of first-class specialists.
The essence of the technique is burning, evaporation of problem cells with a laser. The laser beam penetrates deep into the skin, creates a very high temperature inside the cells and contributes to their rapid destruction.
An important factor in the procedure is to start the process of photothermolysis, it creates a laser beam inside the skin. Thanks to him, there is a rapid update of the stratum corneum of the epidermis, as well as activation of the synthesis of its own collagen and elastin. Outwardly, these changes are expressed in the form of a lifting effect, the skin becomes more elastic and elastic, its tone and turgor increase.
The effectiveness of the technique can be assessed immediately after laser peeling, but the client expects the apogee of the anti-aging effect after some time (3 – 6 months). Achieved high results in facial rejuvenation can please up to 5 years.
Types of Peelings
Cold or hot
In cosmetology, there are several techniques for cleansing the skin using a laser beam. They differ in depth and feature exposure. There are such types of laser peels:
- Cold laser peeling – characterized by layer-by-layer removal of epidermal cells. The depth of exposure is insignificant, only the stratum corneum is involved, so a pronounced lifting effect should not be expected. After such a peeling, the skin becomes smooth, the relief and shade of the covers are partially leveled.
- Hot peeling with a laser is a more complex and responsible procedure; it differs in a greater depth of exposure to a laser beam than with a cold technique. After the “hot” procedure, the active process of updating the skin is started, and the achieved result is often compared with surgical intervention. Such peeling requires high professionalism from the contractor and the most careful, proper care during the rehabilitation period from the patient.
Depth of exposure
Distinguish laser peels of the skin by the depth of laser penetration into the surface, middle and deep.
With surface laser peeling, the beam penetrates deep into the epidermis at 1 – 10 µm, with a median depth of exposure reaches 20 µm. During the middle peeling, nerve endings are not affected, therefore, in most cases, anesthesia is not required. But deep laser peeling is characterized by the maximum degree of penetration of the beam into the skin, the lower layers of the integument are involved, so such manipulations are very painful. The procedure requires preliminary anesthesia and even stay under stationary medical supervision for some time.
By type of equipment
Depending on the equipment used, these peels are distinguished:
- Carbon dioxide (carboxide) peeling – the exposure depth of the equipment used reaches 20 microns. It is used for “hot” laser exposure. In case of improper use of the device and violation of the technology of the procedure, burns and a lengthy rehabilitation period are possible. It is usually used to solve complex, age-related skin problems. With the help of carbon dioxide peeling, you can get rid of scars, scars, warts, stretch marks and wrinkles of medium depth. According to pricing, carbon dioxide peeling is considered one of the most expensive procedures.
- Carbon peeling – surface effect. A neodymium laser beam is supplied by pulses, so the risk of burns and injury to the integument is minimal. For deeper penetration of the beam deeper into the epidermis and mitigate its action, a special nanogel is applied to the skin. The procedure is considered one of the most gentle, it is used for high-quality cleansing of the skin from dead cells. After a carbon procedure, the skin is easily and quickly restored, while the risk of complications is negligible.
- Fractional peeling is a worthy challenge to skin aging. The laser inside the cells creates the most favorable conditions for activating the regenerative properties of the skin. The fractional technique has recently appeared in cosmetology, but in matters of skin cleansing and rejuvenation, it has won recognition from both specialists and clients of cosmetic salons.
- Erbium laser peeling – refers to the cold form of laser exposure. The penetration depth of the beam does not exceed 10 microns. As a result of the procedure, active peeling is observed, so the dead cells leave the stratum corneum of the epidermis. The laser destroys dead skin layers in the upper layers of the epidermis and corrects minor skin problems. The rehabilitation period proceeds calmly, in rare cases complications are possible.
After any laser exposure, the skin looks younger, and the complexion is transformed. Follow all the recommendations of a specialist to achieve amazing results and avoid unpleasant consequences. In this article, we will pay attention to cold laser peeling of the skin face, its technology, indications and contraindications.
Advantages and disadvantages of the technique
The “cold” laser skin cleansing technique has a lot of positive aspects. Its main advantages are as follows:
- Laser peeling is an opportunity to quickly and permanently eliminate various skin problems. The effect will definitely be noticeable after the first procedure and will last for 2 – 5 years.
- An individual approach to each patient – the used laser peeling devices allow you to configure exposure parameters taking into account the characteristics of the client, the state of his integument and age. In addition, by working on sensitive areas (near the eyes, mouth), the cosmetologist adjusts the intensity and degree of exposure, setting sparing parameters.
- The cold laser skin cleansing technique perfectly corrects age and expression lines in sensitive areas around the eyes and in the corners of the mouth.
- The procedure in most cases is not accompanied by painful sensations, slight tingling is occasionally possible.
- The laser acts pointwise – the cosmetologist has the opportunity to carefully work out the problem areas.
- The procedure does not injure the integument, unlike mechanical cleaning or acid exfoliation. Accordingly, the restoration of integument is several times easier and faster.
- Contactless cleansing, which reduces to zero the risk of infection of healthy tissues.
The only disadvantage of hardware cleaning can be called the high cost of the procedure, which partially includes waste for the purchase of expensive equipment and staff development.
Indications for peeling
Peeling is only necessary if indicated, and not as a preventative measure. The choice of methods for solving skin problems is performed by a cosmetologist after a detailed analysis of the condition of your integuments.
Indications for laser face peeling are as follows:
- signs of premature skin aging;
- shallow facial or age lines on the face;
- irregularities in the relief of the epidermis, post-acne;
- flabbiness of integuments, decrease in tone and turgor;
- scars, scars, stretch marks;
- neoplasms on the face (moles, papillomas);
- development of rosacea;
- oily skin;
- black dots, comedones;
- clogged pores;
- various kinds of pigmentation, freckles.
Plan for facial peeling in late autumn and winter to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation of the skin, as well as microburns from solar activity.
Laser peeling has contraindications, which are important to consider before carrying out a cosmetic procedure. Neglect of them can aggravate the problem with the integument and provoke a number of complications.
Contraindications for laser skin cleansing include:
- herpes in the active stage;
- fever, SARS, flu;
- propensity to form keloids;
- inflammation on the face;
- chronic diseases of the body (for example, diabetes mellitus, epilepsy and others);
- poor blood coagulation and other blood diseases;
- the presence of pacemakers;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- ulcers in the affected area;
- a number of skin diseases;
- tattoos, subcutaneous fillers on the face;
- less than two weeks have passed since chemical peeling.
Laser cleaning after a stroke is unacceptable.
Customers should be especially careful when taking medications, because some of them can also cause complications. Be sure to notify the specialist.
Beauticians do not recommend performing cleaning during menstruation. Changed hormonal levels on critical days can affect the outcome of the procedure.
Stages of the procedure
Laser peeling is a serious cosmetic procedure, so you need to properly prepare for it.
At the preliminary consultation, the cosmetologist will analyze the condition of your skin, its problems and deficiencies, and check for contraindications. To ensure that the intended results are not overshadowed by incidental cleaning defects, it is recommended that you comply with the requirements and instructions of a specialist.
A prerequisite for laser exposure is the absence of a fresh tan and wounds on the face. For 7 days before the intended manipulations, you can not use scrubs, brushes to cleanse the skin.
A few days before cleaning, you need to abandon cosmetics. And also drink antiviral drugs.
On the day of the peeling do not perform heavy physical exertion, do not drink alcohol and give up sports.
Before deep skin cleansing, these requirements can be supplemented by taking antihistamines and antibiotics to prevent exacerbation of infections during the rehabilitation period.
The laser peeling protocol is slightly different, depending on the chosen technique and the apparatus used.
The face is cleansed with a washing gel to get rid of dust, sweat and particles of greasy fat. In addition, local anesthesia with lidocaine cream or anesthesia is performed before deep exposure.
Then the patient and the beautician puts on special glasses. They protect the eye tissue from radiation.
When the painkillers worked. Beautician starts the procedure. With a special nozzle, he works out the entire surface of the face, including the area near the eyes and mouth. If necessary, problem areas are reworked.
At the end of the procedure, a moisturizing and soothing cream is applied.
Post-Peeling Skin Care
Laser peeling is a strong stress for the skin, so after it you will definitely have a red face, swelling of sensitive tissues is possible. And after 2 – 3 days, brown crusts appear, which will peel off independently after a while. To take any measures to reject these crusts is unacceptable and dangerous post-peeling scars.
Edema, red face after laser peels can last up to 10 days, so be prepared not to attend work for a while, take a short vacation.
During and after rehabilitation during 6 – 12 months, depending on the depth and intensity of exposure, it is important to use sunscreens with the highest degree of protection against solar ultraviolet radiation. Otherwise, there is a high risk of age spots on laser-treated skin.
To quickly restore the cover, cosmetologists prescribe wound healing, regenerating agents. It can be ointments Bepanten, Miramistin and Panthenol. They need to treat the skin every 2 – 3 hours.
Some important rules of conduct during the rehabilitation period:
- Thermal procedures are unacceptable (saunas, baths, sports and physical activity).
- You need to give up spicy foods and alcohol.
- You can not visit the pool.
- Do not expose your face to direct sunlight.
- Do not sunbathe.
Compliance with these rules will prevent complications on the face after laser peeling.
Attention, the appearance of unusual acne, vesicles on the face, protracted swelling and redness are a signal for immediate contact with a cosmetologist. Only he can correctly analyze the problem and designate an appropriate way to solve it.
Laser peeling is a chance to fix even the most complex skin problems without plastic surgery. With special scrupulousness, approach the choice of the clinic and staff, and be sure: your face will look amazing, without the slightest flaws and hints of old age!