Lemon peeling at home is a real find for women. The fact is that bright citrus has a unique composition, perfectly cleanses, rejuvenates and whitens the skin, tones and refreshes the face. You can try lemon peeling for almost everyone, it is easy to carry out and has a minimum of contraindications.
- 1 The secret of transforming the skin with lemon
- 2 Indications for action
- 3 Phase of the lemon procedure
- 4 Home Recipes: Beauty and Skin Health
- 5 Contraindications and preventive measures
The secret of transforming the skin with lemon
Lemon face peeling is one of the most beloved, sought after and effective cosmetic procedures that can be easily carried out at home. This is due to the amazing result and changes in the skin of the face after one lemon session:
- Yellow citrus fruit acids effectively destroy sebaceous plugs, dirt particles that are deep in the pores, dead cells and the connection between them, so getting rid of this “load” is not difficult;
- Ascorbic acid, carotenes, flavonoids are activators of the processes of recovery and renewal of the epidermis. There are so many of them in lemon that after peeling the face looks many times younger and fresher;
- Pectin substances, thiamine and eriocitrin do everything possible so that lemon peeling for a face with problematic, sensitive skin does not harm, but has a calming and healing effect;
- The mineral complex in combination with vitamins A, B, D, E, C ensures the normal functioning of cells, nourishes and strengthens them;
- Phytoncides, hesperidin and, again, the vitamin richness of citrus help smooth out the complexion, refresh and whiten it to lemon.
The many-sided effect on the epidermis layer, the rich composition of the main ingredient make it possible to use it in its pure form (rubbing with a slice of lemon) and in combination with cosmetic oils, sour cream, honey. Airy lightness, fresh and toned skin will pleasantly surprise everyone who has tried peeling with lemon.
Lemon peeling was praised by cosmetologists and patients for a reason. In addition to flawless and quick cleansing of the skin, it boasts ease of implementation, minimal cost of ingredients and a short list of contraindications.
Indications for action
It is necessary to take lemon peeling at home for service, first of all, for patients with the following skin defects:
- Fatigue and an unusual grayness appeared on his face;
- Insufficient cell nutrition, vitamin deficiency;
- Clogged and enlarged pores, comedones;
- The face is often attacked by inflammation, acne and acne;
- Dryness and peeling of the skin are observed;
- Excessive greasy shine;
- Age spots and freckles that do not decorate the face at all.
As a peeling product, you can use slices of fresh lemon, lemon juice or oil. But peeling with citric acid is undesirable.
Before lemon peeling, inspect your face so that it does not have fresh scratches, cuts or ulcers. They can cause a burning sensation, discomfort and contribute to the spread of infection.
Phase of the lemon procedure
The effect of the cosmetic procedure largely depends on well-coordinated work, compliance with the recommendations of specialists, on the correctness and harmony of the combination of the main ingredients, especially if you are preparing about a home transformation. Facial skin peeling with lemon also needs to fulfill the specified parameters. Let’s start with the rules and recommendations from experts on the facial cleansing procedure:
- When choosing a peeling product, be sure to consider the type of skin, its features and reaction to the ingredients. For example, if you notice acne and redness after an egg yolk, then you should definitely not use it. This will provoke an allergy and only harm the epidermis;
- Pay attention to the exposure time of the nutrient mixture on the skin, the technique of its application. It also depends on the structure of the epidermis. For example, a greasy type of integument requires a longer exposure than dry;
- During the preparation of the peeling agent, mix the component ingredients well, the composition should be uniform;
- Before peeling, prepare the skin: clean it from fat deposits, sweat and dust particles. It is effective to perform peeling after a hot bath, when the skin is not only cleaned, but also steamed, the pores are open to the nutrient components of the cosmetic product;
- To apply lemon peeling mixtures, use your fingertips or a special brush in the directions of the massage lines. You do not need to rub the composition into the skin, a light massage is possible, but no more. Otherwise, there is a big risk of stretching and damaging the weakened fibers of the epidermis;
- Pre-moisturize the surface of the face;
- Soak a lemon facial peeling agent within 5 – 10 minutes if there is a problem of dryness, peeling, and 10 – 15 minutes with increased fat content and a combined type of epidermis;
- Rinse off the remnants of lemon peeling with warm water;
- Be sure to fix the result with a moisturizer.
Conducting lemon peeling is often not worth it, even if after one procedure you are completely delighted. It is ideal to cleanse oily skin with lemon 1 times in 7 days, normal – 1 times in 2 weeks, and dry – completely 1 times 3 weeks.
Home Recipes: Beauty and Skin Health
An incredibly large selection of recipes for peeling and rejuvenating the epidermis with lemon can be found on the Internet. Which one to choose in order to achieve maximum effect and not harm yourself?
Lemon to help dry skin
Dry skin is very demanding on makeup products, so the face peeling procedure should be very gentle and not cause loss of the last moisture. We suggest you try the following peeling composition:
- Lemon zest;
- 1 tbsp oat (rice) flour;
- 0,5 tsp lemon juice;
- Boiled water.
- Grind the zest of citrus.
- Add tsp to 1 chopped zest flour.
- Pour in warm boiled water until the mixture is homogeneous and easy to apply on the face.
- For greater effectiveness, you can add fresh lemon juice.
- Stir the peeling agent thoroughly and apply on the skin.
- Wash off after 5 – 8 minutes, apply cream.
Oily Shine Lemon
Lemon juice peeling is suitable for normalizing sebaceous gland secretions, for eliminating oily sheen and cleansing pores. The following recipe will come to the rescue:
- 1 tbsp natural honey;
- 1 Art. nonfat yogurt;
- Half a lemon;
- Egg white.
- 1. Melt the honey in a bath until fluid.
- 2. Squeeze juice out of half a lemon.
- 3. Separate the protein and beat it into foam.
- 4. Mix all the ingredients.
- 5. Apply a peeling compound to the face.
- 6. Wash off after 10 – 15 minutes.
- 7. Use a nourishing cream.
The Secret to Perfection from England
To feel like a real queen with perfectly clean and radiant skin health, this recipe will help:
- Lemon zest;
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (preferably olive);
- 1 – 2 drops of lemon ether.
- 1. Grind the zest of sun citrus as much as possible.
- 2. Add oil and lemon ether.
- 3. Mix the ingredients well.
- 4. Distribute the mixture over the face, excluding the periorbital region.
- 5. After 5 – 10 minutes, rinse off any remaining product, apply cream.
Gentle peeling for sensitive skin
A combination of ingredients will help to get rid of dead cells, black spots, rejuvenate and tighten the epidermis with ease:
- 2 tbsp oatmeal;
- Lemon juice.
- 1. Grind the flakes in a blender.
- 2. Add citrus juice until the mass resembles sour cream.
- 3. Spread the mixture on your face.
- 4. After 10 minutes, remove the remaining peeling agent with warm water.
- 5. Apply a care cream.
Cleans combination skin
For peeling a combined type of epidermis, the sugar composition is suitable:
- 2 tsp brown sugar;
- Lemon juice.
- 1. In brown sugar, gradually add lemon juice until you reach the density of sour cream.
- 2. Apply the nutritional composition to the skin, excluding the area around the eyes and the nasolabial triangle.
- 3. Massage your face for 1 – 2 minutes.
- 4. After 5 minutes, rinse the lemon with water.
- 5. Fix the result with cream.
Contraindications and preventive measures
Lemon formulations should not be used only for patients who are allergic to citrus and with lesions, open wounds on the surface.
With special care, lemon peels should be treated by patients with such features of the skin:
- With vascular nets on the face;
- With increased sensitivity of the integument;
- With very dry skin.
Lemon is a pantry of nutritious ingredients, an elixir of youth and health. Free your skin from dirt, sebaceous plugs and a dead layer of cells with acidic citrus at home. The magnificent effect of freshness, lightness and perfection after peeling with lemon will not leave you indifferent!