Exfoliating gommage with special softness will remove dead particles from the epidermis and clean clogged pores. The creamy texture of the product, a set of useful, nutritious ingredients will refresh the skin, fill it with energy and strength to fight imperfections. The procedure is suitable for delicate and sensitive skin; it is not necessary to go to a beauty salon to carry it out.
What is this procedure
Gommage is a selected composition of enzymes, organic acids, plant extracts and various nutritional supplements that have an exfoliating effect and at the same time heal your skin.
The consistency of hommage resembles cream. It is easily distributed over the surface of the face and does not cause pain. However, after such a peeling, the skin acquires a healthy color, dryness and oily sheen disappears.
The principle of gommage is simple: the acids or enzymes that are part of the product break down impurities, lipid bonds between dead cells. Then the product is washed off with water, and unnecessary particles leave the skin with it.
Do not use gommage simultaneously with acid peels, scrubs and rub it intensively. With extreme caution, the procedure should be treated for patients with thin, hypersensitive skin, with rosacea and inflammation on the face.
There is a preferred time for peeling-gommage: it is recommended to perform a cleansing procedure in the period from late autumn to early spring, when solar activity fades.
Gommage can be partially attributed to chemical peels. It includes various acids that affect the skin problem, but overnight they are of minimal concentration and are not dangerous by complications.
After peeling-gommage skin expect pleasant changes:
- clean pores;
- light massage guarantees improved blood microcirculation, prevents lymph congestion;
- the number of black dots is noticeably reduced, and after a course of procedures they will leave your face for a long time;
- the shade of the epidermis is normalized, the skin looks refreshed and shines with health;
- oily sheen disappears, pores are partially narrowed;
- gommage has a therapeutic effect on acne and acne, it perfectly soothes the integument and heals the cells;
- the skin becomes soft and tender;
- easy lifting effect.
Do not expect drastic changes from the procedure and significant anti-aging effect. Gommage is capable of slightly improving the condition of the integument; regular use of the composition will slow down aging and prevent acne on the face.
Indications and contraindications
Gommage procedure is recommended at any age. This kind of peeling will be especially useful with such defects on the face:
- excessive dryness of the integument;
- unpleasant greasy shine;
- frequent acne, problem acne;
- unhealthy complexion;
- freckles, age spots;
- black dots, comedones;
- clogged, enlarged pores;
- peeling of the epidermis.
Gommage allows you to cleanse the skin efficiently, without the risk of complications and side effects. The procedure can be performed at home, this makes the peeling even more popular.
Despite the gentleness of the effect, peeling of the face using gommage is not allowed for everyone. The restriction applies to patients with individual sensitivity to a particular ingredient if there are injuries on the face (unhealed abrasions, wounds, burns).
You can not cleanse when there is purulent inflammation on the face or other dermatological diseases.
Before conducting peeling with a gommage, be sure to consult a cosmetologist. He will be able to recommend the frequency of procedures, make useful comments and tips on the technique of cleansing.
How to peel at home
Gommage is a simple and effective method of skin cleansing, which can be carried out by a specialist or independently, at home. In addition, the product can be purchased at the store or prepared yourself.
Facial peeling using gommage is performed in the following order:
- Carefully read the instructions for the peeling agent, read the contraindications.
- Remove makeup and particles of dust, dirt, greasy secretions with milk (gel) for washing.
- Steam the skin in any way or perform the procedure after taking a hot bath.
- Rub a little peeling in your palms. So that his temperature is not lower than body temperature. This increases its effectiveness.
- Lightly, in a circular motion, distribute the product on the surface of the face.
- Leave the gommage on your face for 10 – 15 minutes. For details, check the exposure time in the instructions from the manufacturer to the drug. A soft film should form on the face.
- Roll the film with your fingers dipped in water. Do it gently, without pressure. If you suffer from rosacea, there is inflammation on the face, then you can not roll up the product, just rinse it off.
- Apply a moisturizing mask to the face, and a cream at the end of the peeling.
After cleansing, use sunscreen for several days before going outside. For some time, abandon the sauna, bath and active sports, and also avoid chapping the face.
Within 2 – 3 days after the procedure, treat the skin with understanding, because its protective function is weakened and sensitivity, susceptibility to aggressive external factors is increased. Set aside decorative cosmetics, and do not carry out other types of peeling.
Frequency of cleaning
A distinctive feature of gommage is that it can be performed relatively often. Beauticians recommend adhering to the following intervals:
- for normal skin – 2 – 3 times in 7 days;
- for dry type of integument – 1 – 2 times in 7 days;
- for teenage skin – 3 – 4 times in 7 days;
- for mature skin – no more than 2 times in 7 days.
Please note that the proposed frequency of peeling may vary depending on the condition of the integument and the degree of the problem. However, you do not need to adjust the indicators yourself, contact a specialist for help.
We select and prepare a gommage
The modern market for cosmetic products is very diverse, you can easily choose several suitable options for peeling. What manufacturers have earned the recognition of users and cosmetologists?
The leading positions in terms of effectiveness and frequency of use were won by Christina, Expert Faberlic with essential natural oils, Lactolan and Clarins cream-peeling. They are devoid of abrasive particles, act delicately and are safe for sensitive integuments.
To ensure the safety of the product, before the procedure, read the instructions and conduct an express test for an allergic reaction.
If you do not trust the manufacturers of such drugs and are wary of finished products, you can cook the gommage yourself. We offer a simple but effective recipe for home gommage.
To prepare a cleaning agent you will need:
- 1 Art. l semolina;
- 1 Art. l oatmeal;
- 1 tsp chopped orange peel;
- habitual means for washing.
- Finely chop all the ingredients.
- Add a cleanser to make the mass consistency like homemade sour cream.
- On cleansed and well-steamed skin, apply the prepared mixture liberally, do not rub.
- After 15 – 20 minutes, massage your face with your fingertips.
- Rinse the rest of the mixture with warm water.
- Fix the result with face cream.
Homemade peeling gommazhs are not rolling as well as purchased ones. At the same time, they are completely natural and safe for the skin.
Facial cleansing is an important step in the care of the skin. With gommage, you get the opportunity, along with high-quality cleansing, to fill the epidermal cells with nutritional components, and most importantly, there are no risks to harm the skin, get a burn. The regular use of this kind of cosmetic products is the key to beautiful skin without painful and dangerous cosmetic procedures.