Azelaic peeling is a universal and beloved by many visitors to beauty salons technique for quick and painless getting rid of black spots, red inflammatory rashes and vascular asterisks on the skin of the face. This type of peeling can help even those who are already desperate to see their attractive and happy reflection in the mirror.
What is the azelaic peeling procedure?
Peeling with azelaic acid in a small, cosmetological, concentration is popular and in demand all over the world. This affordable procedure allows you to quickly cleanse your skin from unaesthetic greasy contaminants in the most gentle way.
This type of peeling is included in the category of chemical methods of surface exposure to the skin. Beauticians are pleased to offer sessions to their customers, being confident in their special indispensability for people experiencing problems with the dysfunction of the sebaceous glands: acne syndrome, acne, rosacea, dermatitis.
The azelaic method of professional facial skin cleansing, in addition to proven effectiveness, combines such advantages as: a minimum list of contraindications (peeling with azelaic acid can be used even by owners of sensitive skin), softness of exposure, almost complete absence of side effects and complications, simplicity peeling, its applicability at any age.
For the miraculous result of peeling with the use of azelaic acid, it is not necessary to contact a salon cosmetologist and overpay. It can be performed independently at home, most importantly, to purchase a high-quality drug and strictly follow the instructions for its use.
A peeling composition with azelaic acid rarely contains only it as the only active substance. In most cases, manufacturers add citric, salicylic, almond, lactic or glycolic acids to the product. And extracts from medicinal plants. Concomitant additives and their percentage determine how much azelaic peeling helps get rid of the manifestation of various stages of pathological changes in the skin.
Sessions of this type of peeling can constitute a whole course of independent procedures, without causing addiction. The results of such a facial cleansing, of course, will be noticeable, but without additional measures they will not take a long action. Especially in case of severe dermatological diseases.
Therefore, peeling based on azelaic acid most often serves as a necessary basic preparation for deeper chemical peels or serious hardware techniques, for example, laser ones. It reduces enlarged pores, evens out skin tone, and the second stage of treatment consolidates the result.
Beneficial effects of azelaic acid
The advantages of the azelaic technique are based on the unique properties of the acid of the same name. Therefore, getting rid of obvious cosmetic facial defects using the procedure of such peeling is possible only due to the beneficial nature of the chemical compound.
Unlike other acids, which also found application in cosmetology, azelaic:
- It has a strong anti-inflammatory effect: it reduces painful redness of the skin and prevents their re-formation;
- normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, regulating their secretion;
- acts as an effective antiseptic, preventing the spread of bacteria and infection of the skin;
- reduces the manifestations of acne, prevents clogging of pores and the appearance of black spots;
- helps in the fight against pigmentation, has a brightening effect;
- normalizes the distribution and production of melanin, which is responsible for darkening the skin;
- relieves follicles, acne and comedones;
- has a natural antioxidant effect and neutralizes toxins;
- It has a regenerating effect: it helps to smooth out the wrinkle network, increases the tone of the skin and evens out its tone.
The skin gratefully responds to peeling with azelaic acid, because the chemical compound is not foreign to it. In small fractions, it is already in the cells of the epidermis, forming as a result of ongoing processes of fat metabolism. Accumulating, azelaic acid cures diseases of the dermis and allows you to forget about their symptoms for a long time.
Advantages of the azelaic procedure
Being an indispensable life-saving product for women with oily face skin, especially prone to the formation of comendones, azelaic peeling will be ideal for maintaining the beauty of those who have normal or combination skin types.
The advantages of the azelaic skin cleansing technique are:
- gentle and delicate effect on the dermis, which eliminates post-peeling peeling and redness;
- the possibility of releasing pores during the peeling from a microscopic skin mite – demodex living in the channels of the sebaceous glands, at the same time provoking their blockage;
- the release of facial skin from invisible ingrown hairs;
- the absence of a multi-day rehabilitation recovery period after peeling (skin rehabilitation takes a maximum of about 2 hours);
- ease of execution independently in the home;
- good tolerance to peeling of any type of skin;
- the absence of the effect of “getting used” to the peeling drug in pathogenic microorganisms – immunity to azelaic acid in bacteria is not produced, therefore, unlike many antibiotics, the drug will remain effective even after repeated use;
- the ability to peel even in the summer;
- high efficiency in eliminating hyperpigmentation in black people;
- the relatively low cost of one peeling procedure and, accordingly, the ability to complete the entire course without significant costs.
Indications and prohibitions for the procedure
Peeling with azelaic acid has no age restrictions. For the technique, the gender or skin type of the patient is unimportant. The main thing is what problem served as the reason for referring to this cosmetology and therapeutic procedure.
In most cases, azelaic peeling is prescribed for:
- the manifestation of acne in schoolchildren and adults;
- the growth of microscopic hairs in the skin;
- acne and its effects;
- noticeable age spots on the face;
- rosacea (spider veins), folliculitis, rosacea and other dermatological diseases;
- the first signs of photoaging (for example, after a long stay in sunny countries);
- facial and age wrinkles;
- uneven complexion;
- preparation for subsequent laser peeling or microcrystalline dermabrasion (microdermabrasion).
The list of prohibitions for azelaic face treatment is minimal, but it is better to refrain from such peeling in case of:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- the presence on the face of open wounds, scratches, abrasions, ulcers;
- exacerbations of the herpes virus;
- individual allergy to azelaic acid;
- detection on the face of any inflammatory processes not included in the testimony sheet.
Even if you decide to do your own peeling based on azelaic acid, do not be too lazy to go to a preliminary consultation with a professional cosmetologist. Especially if this is your first experience. The specialist will evaluate whether it is possible in the case of your skin to perform the procedure without compromising its health and appearance, what the consequences may be and how dangerous they are.
Getting ready to peel correctly
Like any kind of peeling, azelaic does not endure haste. It is necessary to properly prepare the skin for the procedure and then its result will justify the most secret expectations, and will not turn into unpleasant consequences.
Pre-peeling preparation consists of several key steps that it is desirable to perform sequentially and not to skip:
- preliminary consultation with a cosmetologist and diagnostics of your skin, finding out the compatibility of azelaic peeling with medicines that the patient is taking;
- course planning procedures: frequency of their repetition and duration;
- a week before the date of the planned peeling, begin to apply moisturizing cosmetics and gels on the face, the content of ANA acid, which will prepare the skin for contact with azelaic acid (at the first appointment, the specialist will recommend which ones);
- 2 days before the session, test for an “allergy test”: apply a peeling preparation to the bend of the elbow and observe the reaction of the skin in this place. If there are no negative changes – azelaic peeling is right for you.
Stages of the procedure
After the pre-peeling preparation is completed, and you are convinced of the absence of a negative skin reaction to azelaic acid, you can register directly for the procedure. The azelaic cleansing technique includes five main steps:
- make-up removal (removal of decorative cosmetics) and release from external pollution. Wherever peeling is performed, this can be done with special cosmetics, for example, cleansing tonics or milk for removing makeup;
- removal from the skin of the thin oily film remaining from cleansing from milk, as well as all the secrets of the sebaceous glands. This is usually done using products containing glycolic acid. Such uniform degreasing before peeling improves the penetration of azelaic acid molecules into the deep layers of the dermis;
- protection of delicate skin around the eyes, lips and oral mucosa from the aggressive action of acid. To do this, agents containing silicone derivatives and blocking the effect of the peeling composition are applied to sensitive areas;
- azelaic acid peeling – performed with a product containing at least 15-30% of its concentration diluted with antiseptic liquid. The peeling mixture is distributed in circular massage movements until fully absorbed (after about 10 minutes). Then the skin is wiped with distilled water at room temperature and finally dried with soft wipes;
- at the end of the peeling, the face is lubricated with a final bioconcentrate, the main task of which is to calm the capillaries in order to avoid the appearance of spider veins and to moisturize the skin as much as possible. Flushing it is not recommended for 6 hours.
The average course of peeling using azelaic acid is 6-10 procedures, the interval between which should be from a week to two. Moreover, all elements of the course are selected individually by a specialist: acid concentration, exposure time of the composition and frequency of sessions. A repeated peeling course is possible approximately 6 months after the end of the recovery period.
Caring for the face after the procedure
Rehabilitation after peeling with azelaic acid is not as long and complicated as after other, especially deep, types of chemical influence. But still she is. When gaining a “new face”, a woman needs to check with a specialist how to take care of her:
- about getting rid of the discomfort associated with increased sensitivity and dry skin;
- to prevent possible infection after peeling;
- on protecting a person from the aggressive effects of ultraviolet radiation and toxic substances in the surrounding air;
- on stimulating cell renewal of the epidermal layer;
- sufficient hydration of the skin after the procedure.
Peeling with azelaic acid composition imposes certain time limits on the patient’s usual life. For a couple of weeks after it, cosmetologists advise to refrain from all types of tanning and visits to baths, pools or saunas. And in the list of daily grooming procedures include increased nutrition and skin softening, with its mandatory protection from the sun with a cream.
Peeling with azelaic acid can be a year-round lifesaver for women suffering from excessive work of the sebaceous glands. You no longer need to hide the black dots and multiple redness, applying several layers of foundation or powder to inflamed skin. Firstly, it is inconvenient, especially in the summer, and secondly, it can only worsen the situation by creating a bunch of complexes. It is enough to make an appointment with a cosmetologist and experience the beneficial properties of azelaic acid.