Lip peeling refers to undeservedly forgotten ways to quickly restore an attractive look to your face. In pursuit of beauty, women are ready to spend substantial sums of money on salon procedures. But the secret of velvet lips is hidden in the kitchen of every lady.
- 1 What is lip peeling?
- 2 Varieties of cleansing procedures
- 3 Pros of a home procedure
- 4 Indications for the procedure
- 5 Stages of a home exfoliation procedure
- 6 TOP 10 home peeling recipes
- 7 When you need to refrain from the procedure
What is lip peeling?
The peeling procedure in practice is known to many young ladies. Especially when it comes to methods of exfoliation of the face or body. But only a few know that there is a special way of updating the skin of the lips, which also has an important cosmetic function. And after all, without an attentive attitude and regular care, sponges can age prematurely, it is easy to lose elasticity, clear lines and beauty.
The influence of aggressive factors from outside the skin of the lips is much stronger than even the skin of the face. This delicate and thin cover is completely devoid of sebaceous glands. Therefore, in cold weather, with strong gusts of wind or scorching rays of the sun, they lose their softness, dry, become rough and become covered with a network of small cracks. These troubles are replaced by peeling and repulsive detachment of dead cells.
In addition to irritation of the scales and wrinkles of the “weathered” lips, they can not deliver any sensations. Trying to correct the situation and at least somehow mask its consequences, women apply even more lipstick or gloss to them, as a result looking even worse and untidy. But the attractive appearance of the sponges can not be quickly returned with nutritious balms and even protective creams. Accelerate cell regeneration and restore blood circulation in the epidermis only with the help of a special lip peeling procedure.
Excessive overdrying of the skin of the lips can provoke the use of low-quality or expired decorative cosmetics: powder, tonal foundation, lipstick, gloss, mousse with a matting effect. At the same time, keratinized cells on the surface of the lips make it difficult to apply any agent – it rolls and lies unevenly.
The peeling cleansing procedure must be carried out regularly. To do this, you can make an appointment with a professional cosmetologist in the salon or learn how to perform exfoliation at home. In the first case, you need to be prepared for impressive material costs, in the second – all costs will be measured by free time and the desire to take care of yourself. Lip peeling at home will also allow you to achieve their childish softness, get rid of dead dermis cells and completely eliminate peeling.
Varieties of cleansing procedures
All peels for lip rejuvenation belong to the superficial class of procedures. They are of two types:
In the first case, the peeling agent looks like a ready-made gentle preparation for gentle exposure. Its components are slightly concentrated fruit acids, natural vegetable oils, group A vitamins and tocopherols (E), antibacterial ingredients and natural abrasives. With the help of such a peeling complex, the skin of the lips becomes elastic and acquires a coral color.
Mechanical peels include a massage effect on the rough cells of the epidermis of soft abrasives or scrubs, for example, granulated sugar or coffee particles.
Both those and other exfoliating products can be purchased in cosmetic stores or pharmacies or engaged in their independent manufacture.
Pros of a home procedure
There is no need to doubt your abilities regarding your own lip exfoliation. This type of peeling is one of the simplest and most affordable. Its implementation does not require deep cosmetological knowledge, the availability of scarce drugs or professional skills. You can buy everything for the procedure in any pharmacy, decorative cosmetics store, and in the case of a peeling composition of your own preparation – in a supermarket or market on the way home.
As a result, you will feel such undoubted advantages of the home procedure for cleansing and rejuvenating the lips, such as:
- time saving – peeling will not interfere with homework, work or hobbies. It can be combined with a facial cleansing session or weekly body care;
- saving money – a home procedure will cost 1,5-2 times cheaper than visiting a salon;
- the effectiveness of natural home cosmetics for performing peeling is proved to be higher than the effect of a finished industrial product from a store.
Wherever you perform the procedure of exfoliating the surface of the lips – remember that such peeling can be repeated no more often than 1 once a week. In the event of an allergic reaction, it is better to stop the sessions altogether or replace the composition.
Indications for the procedure
An affordable and easy procedure for updating the skin of the lips as a regular care is recommended:
- when exfoliating dead skin cells and chapping;
- as a means of getting rid of dryness and cracking;
- as a solution to the problem of constantly rolling lipstick or a spread of gloss;
- as a prevention of skin aging;
- for restoration of a natural shade and elasticity;
- girls who have a habit of smoking or “biting” their lips in a stressful situation.
Careful, proper and timely care for the appearance of the lips will help preserve their youth and natural shape for many years.
Stages of a home exfoliation procedure
Basically, lip peeling at home has the same protocol of procedure. It doesn’t matter with what means the exfoliation is performed – bought in a store or natural, cooked in the kitchen. A session of cleansing and restoration of the skin of the lips has the following sequence, which is better not to break:
- all decorative cosmetics must be washed off the lips, paying special attention to their corners;
- if the peeling mixture is self-produced, it must be done in advance. In the case of the finished complex, carefully read the annotation for its use;
- the skin must be dry before the peeling procedure;
- gently apply the peeling composition on the surface of the lips with your fingers, moving in a circle and massaging them for no more than 5 minutes. Otherwise, you may injure their thin skin.
- in the case of a mechanical method of exposure, do not forget about the skin surrounding the lips – keratinized epidermal cells accumulate there most of all;
- acid-based peeling formulations cannot be kept longer than recommended in the instructions;
- rinse off unabsorbed peeling mixture with water;
- At the end of the procedure, moisturize your lips with a mask or nourishing cream for 10-15 minutes.
Until the peeling process is finished after peeling, regularly apply hygienic lipstick or protective balm. A new layer of the epidermis is especially sensitive to the aggressive effects of external factors – the sun, wind or temperature changes. Secure it.
TOP 10 home peeling recipes
A huge selection of factory packaging with ready-made peeling mixtures is not a hindrance to the traditional preparation of natural cosmetics. Further, on how to make a peeling for rejuvenating your lips with your own hands – the TOP list of popular and effective home recipes.
Being the most effective natural abrasive, sugar lip peeling best performs the function of releasing them from dead cells.
- 1 tsp granulated sugar;
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil.
- mix peeling ingredients in the ratio 1: 1;
- apply the resulting mixture with fingertips;
- Massage for 1 minutes;
- remove the rest of the composition with water or a napkin.
Sweet peeling from honey and sugar
- 1 tbsp liquid flowing honey;
- 2 tbsp cane sugar.
- we combine the ingredients for peeling in the ratio 1: 2;
- we impose the resulting pasty mixture;
- leave the composition for 30 minutes – maximum hour;
- after the time has expired, remove the remaining sugar with a damp cloth.
Coffee Lip Peeling
- ½ tsp ground coffee of any grade;
- 1 tsp olive oil;
- mix peeling components in the ratio ½: 1;
- the resulting mixture is applied to the lips;
- lightly massage their surface with the fingertips;
- after 3-4 minutes, wash off the rest of the composition.
Peeling curd and oatmeal
- 1 tbsp curd mass with fat content from 3%;
- 1 tsp oatmeal crushed in a coffee grinder.
- we combine the ingredients for peeling in the ratio 1: ½;
- the resulting paste cover the lips;
- during 5 we massage the surface of the lips and the skin around them, paying particular attention to the corners;
- remove the mixture with a cotton pad.
Honey and Soda Peeling
- 1 tsp liquid honey;
- 1 tsp baking soda;
- ½ tsp olive oil.
- mix the three components of the peeling;
- apply the resulting mixture;
- leave the composition for at least 20 minutes;
- remove the remaining composition with water.
- a pinch of cinnamon powder;
- ½ tsp grape seed oil;
- 1 tbsp cane sugar.
- mix the three components of the product to a homogeneous mass;
- apply on the lips in a circular motion;
- massage for 3-4 minutes;
- rinse with running water.
Peeling with lemon juice
- 1 tbsp juice squeezed from fresh lemon;
- 1 tbsp castor oil;
- 2 drops of glycerol solution.
- combine all the peeling ingredients in a bowl;
- apply the resulting mixture;
- leave the product all night;
- in the morning we erase the rest of the composition with a damp towel.
- 2 almonds;
- 5 drops of glycerol solution.
- pour almonds overnight with a little water;
- in the morning we grind them in a coffee grinder;
- powder of almonds combine with 5 drops of liquid glycerin;
- the resulting peeling composition is applied to the lips;
- Massage the skin of the lips for 5 minutes;
- wash off the mass with water.
Peeling with an Aspirin Tablet
- 1 aspirin tablet;
- 1 tsp brown sugar;
- 3-5 drops of glycerol solution.
- mix the ingredients of the peeling complex;
- apply the composition to the surface of the lips;
- scrub for 3-4 minutes;
- remove the mixture with a moist cotton pad.
Cream and edible salt peeling
- 1 tsp fine salt;
- 1 tsp 10% cream.
- we connect the 1 peeling components: 1;
- the resulting slurry is applied by massaging movements;
- leave on 4-5 minutes;
- wash off with hot water.
Some cosmetologists, as one of the effective types of peeling, recommend exfoliating rough skin with a soft-bristled toothbrush. To do this, a thick moisturizer is previously applied to the surface of the lips. Then the main thing is to observe the measure and perform the massage gently and no longer than 2 minutes.
When you need to refrain from the procedure
Lip exfoliation is one of the most harmless and less aggressive procedures, but it also has contraindications. Before starting it, carefully inspect the lips for presence on their surface:
- serious cracks, especially concentrated in the corners of the mouth (jams);
- foci of manifestation of the herpes virus;
- bleeding or recently healed wounds;
- areas of inflammation and the development of infections, progressive ulcers;
If one of these problems manifests itself on the lips, you must first consult a specialist for her medical treatment, and then restore their beauty using chemical or mechanical peeling.
Exfoliation of the surface of the lips, being an affordable and quick option for their rejuvenation and cleansing of the keratinized epidermis, has features that would be nice to remember. And homemade recipes for peeling mixes are best preserved and, on occasion, shared with your mom or friends.