Professional face peels can accurately eliminate skin imperfections and minimize the risk of complications. The secret of such an impact is, first of all, in the first-class quality of the means used and the high professionalism of the performer. Entrust the fight against skin problems to cosmetologists.
- 1 Advantages of Professional Cleansing
- 2 Peelings classification
- 3 Popular types of acid exfoliation
- 4 Hardware face cleansing methods
- 5 Recommendations of experts on the choice of methods
Advantages of Professional Cleansing
Peeling is an important and indispensable step in the care of any type of skin. If in 20 – 25 years you can restrict yourself to natural scrubs, oils and gommages, then after 30 – 35 years you need to contact a specialist for professional cleansing.
The fact is that over the years, the natural forces of the skin, the rate of its regeneration begin to fade, the skin can not replace dead cells in a timely manner with new, elastic and elastic ones. It is difficult to do without additional help to the skin.
The main advantages of professional cleansing:
- total control of the specialist over the situation;
- when cleaning, exfoliation technology is strictly observed, the instrument is sterile and serviceable;
- Before cleansing the skin, the cosmetologist carefully studies the problem and takes into account the wishes of the patient. This allows you to choose a technique that will provide the maximum effect;
- professional means are used for peeling the integument. They are of high quality, filled with nutritious and innovative ingredients;
- after cleaning, the cosmetologist will select the appropriate makeup products for the patient, which will not only consolidate the achieved result, but also prevent the imminent appearance of skin problems.
The only minus of professional peeling is its increased cost and temporary inconvenience associated with sometimes long waiting times for a specialist appointment.
Depth of exposure
Classification of peelings in professional clinics or beauty salons according to the depth of cleansing:
- Superficial – the effect is shallow, affects only the stratum corneum of the epidermis. They will be useful at the first signs of aging of the integument, with a decrease in the tone of soft tissues and simple skin problems (age spots, problem acne and post-acne). The course of procedures guarantees a refreshed appearance, soft and full of strength, healthy skin. Complications and protracted rehabilitation are not typical for superficial cleansing, side effects after professional peelings pass quickly and painlessly with proper care.
- Median – during peeling, the depth of exposure can reach the basement membrane. This is a rather complicated procedure for both the cosmetologist and the skin. Side effects such as persistent erythema, mild swelling and severe flaking of the epidermis are characteristic of median peeling. After the procedure, the skin tone and face relief are noticeably smoothed out, small wrinkles disappear completely, and deep ones become less noticeable.
- Deep peels are the most serious, responsible type of cleansing. When cleaning, all skin layers, including the dermis, are involved to the papillary level. The result can even be compared with surgery: a pronounced lifting effect, the skin is soft and delicate, and the face looks 7 – 10 years younger. But remember, in order to achieve such heights, the patient expects pain, prolonged rehabilitation and strict adherence to the rules of post-peeling care, recommendations of a dermatologist. Deep peeling is performed only under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
According to the method of purification
According to the method of exposure to the skin, peels are divided into the following groups:
- Chemicals are the most popular way to eliminate the visible and internal imperfections of the skin for a reasonable amount. Professional chemical peeling involves the implementation of a controlled burn of integuments of various depths. For this, concentrated acid or an acid complex (multifruit peeling) is used.
- Physical or cryo-peeling – the essence of cleansing consists in exposing the face to dry ice or liquid nitrogen, which, when evaporated, gives a very low temperature. The proper use of these factors ensures the destruction of dead cells and the “freezing” of aging processes.
- Hardware – are considered the most expensive, because high-tech equipment is used to influence problem areas. A distinctive feature of hardware cosmetology is that the surface layer of the epidermis is not damaged, all attention is directed deep into the epidermis. For such a purification technique, the internal solution to the problem remains a priority.
- Mechanical – characterized by simplicity and safety of action. Mechanical cleansing will relieve scars, wrinkles and pigmentation on the face. For the procedure, special brushes, abrasive nozzles are used, they polish the problem layers and thereby provoke the active regeneration of new, more elastic fibers, without flaws;
- Biological or enzymatic – special enzymes help cleanse the skin. The process is painless, but not an assistant to fix complex problems. In most cases, it is used for medicinal purposes or to prepare for plastic surgery.
Entrust the choice of cleansing technique to a professional. Only he can study the problem in detail and choose the best option for resolving it.
Popular types of acid exfoliation
From an extensive list of cosmetic services, we offer to consider those that captivated patients with high efficiency, safety and versatility.
Superficial chemical peels are the most popular option for quick, effective cleansing of the skin. The procedure itself lasts up to half an hour, does not cause pain (in some cases, a slight tingling is possible). The positive outcome of exfoliation largely depends on post-peeling care for the epidermis.
Peeling agents (exfoliants) may consist of one or several acids, depending on the expected effect. For sensitive and dry skin, glycolic, lactic acid is used, for oily and combined skin types, mandelic acid and any fruit formulations are suitable.
Beautician’s actions with acid exfoliation:
- Makeup remover and preliminary skin cleansing with a special cosmetic product.
- Degreasing the surface of the face with alcohol lotion.
- Application of acid composition to prepared skin.
- After a while, the product is neutralized and washed off.
- To soothe the integuments and fill them with vitamins, the beautician makes a mask from natural ingredients.
- The face is treated with a moisturizer with sunscreens.
Chemical peels are carried out by courses. This provides a lasting, desired effect. The frequency of procedures is determined by a specialist taking into account the characteristics of the skin and the rate of recovery of the epidermis after a previous exposure.
Median purge options
For a deeper effect, the cosmetologist uses high-concentration fruit acids or trichloroacetic acid (TCA peeling).
TCA peeling is a quick and effective way to eliminate age spots, freckles, a network of wrinkles, and any irregularities on the face. The concentration of the main ingredient (trichloroacetic acid) reaches 35%. Exposure to the acid composition lasts 10 – 20 minutes until a frost effect (white film) appears on the skin. If you do not timely neutralize the exfoliant, you risk a deep chemical burn.
Contraindications to the median TCA peeling are:
- chronic diseases;
- fever of the patient;
- period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- the presence of a fresh tan or any injury to the skin (wound, abrasion, chemical burn after a previous exfoliation);
- infectious diseases, inflammatory processes in the body;
- a separate list of dermatological ailments, oncology and neoplasms;
- hypertension, rosacea.
The recovery period after peeling lasts up to two weeks. In the normal course of the procedure and rehabilitation without complications, cosmetologists recommend repeating the cleaning after a year.
The main expert in deep cleansing of the skin is phenolic peeling. The process is very responsible in view of the dangers of phenol as a chemical ingredient. In case of violation of the technology of applying the product, a significant deterioration in the health of the patient is possible, even fatal.
Before performing exfoliation, the patient is sent for a medical examination. This requires high toxicity and the danger of phenol.
Phenolic peeling is used in the fight against deep wrinkles, sagging skin of the cheeks and neck, loss of tone. Many cosmetologists equate the result after phenolic exposure with a transferred plastic lift, the client looks so young.
The procedure requires pre-peeling preparation, 3 months before peeling, it is necessary to make some adjustments to the daily face care. Failure to comply with the requirements and recommendations of a professional is dangerous to health, even to the degree of deformity of the face.
Be prepared for a lengthy rehabilitation, full restoration of the integument lasts from six months to a year. During this period, you need maximum care, the use of sunscreen cosmetics and maximum attention to any changes with the skin.
Hardware face cleansing methods
Hardware cosmetology is the second most popular type of cleansing. For face peeling, special, expensive equipment is used, and the doctor himself undergoes appropriate training and receives admission to the procedures. These factors affect the cost of hardware conversion.
After such a peeling, slight swelling and redness can be observed, but there is no strong peeling, as in the case of exfoliation with acids,. Influencing the epidermis with ultrasound, laser, currents or radio waves of various frequencies, the cosmetologist works out precisely the deepest problems, removes dead cells without affecting health. It is these features that guarantee quick recovery and practically do not limit the lifestyle of the client.
Laser peeling is a leader in hardware cosmetology. With the help of a laser beam, the doctor seems to burn out problems, and an increase in temperature inside the integument (the effect of photothermolysis) triggers active regeneration processes, enhances the metabolism in cells.
Contraindications to laser facial cleansing:
- hemophilia and other blood diseases;
- fever, SARS, flu;
- the stage of herpes is active, purulent rashes in the area under study;
- the presence of implants and pacemakers;
- some dermatological diseases.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, during menstrual and hormonal disruptions in the body of a woman, it is better to postpone the cleaning. Even a professional cannot guarantee the high efficiency of the procedure during this period, often the opposite effect (acne is intensified) or zero.
Modern cosmetology offers the application of carbon nanogel on the face, it plays the role of a kind of conductor and guarantees a deep effect on the skin. This cleaning technique is called carbon laser peeling and is successfully used in beauty salons.
In terms of efficiency, hardware technologies are in no way inferior to acid exfoliations. They are ideal for business people who cannot afford to leave their work for 1 – 2 weeks until they completely exfoliate and renew their skin. After hardware exposure, you can return to business on 2 – 3 day.
Recommendations of experts on the choice of methods
The first criterion in choosing the epidermis treatment technology is the age of the client. Age-related features in the structure and functioning of the skin, the degree of the problem affect the final result. The most important task of a cosmetologist is to choose the most effective technique, so as not to waste the client’s time and finances in vain.
What is better to prefer to patients at a young and more mature age?
- 25 – 35 years – it is recommended to use surface chemical peels, microdermabrasion;
- 36 – 50 years – lack of nutrients, moisture, age-related slowdown in cellular metabolism are reflected on the face in the form of wrinkles and loss of tone, the oval of the face is lost, the corners of the eyes and mouth drop. Medium and deep cleansing using acids and special equipment will be able to correct deficiencies;
- 50 + – at this age, the skin needs only a deep impact. Cosmetology offers phenol or laser resurfacing for this category of clients.
To look beautiful and young at any age is the dream of every woman. Modern cosmetology understands this and offers an extensive selection of techniques to achieve the desired effect. Trained and experienced staff in beauty salons, aesthetic medicine clinics will help you choose the best professional face peeling, will advise on further skin care in order to maintain youth on the face longer. Trust the professionals!