Which peeling to choose and not get lost in the variety of modern cleansing methods is the first difficulty that modern young ladies may face in pursuit of skin beauty. Indeed, modern cosmetology offers a huge selection of face peelings: acidic (chemical) and enzymatic, mechanical and hardware, deep and surface, with a quick and growing effect. An overview of the most popular procedures will facilitate the task.
- 1 What are peelings
- 2 Choosing a chemical peeling
- 3 Let’s turn to hardware cosmetology
- 4 Which hardware peeling is better?
What are peelings
Peeling is a proven way to clean the skin of dead cells and keratinized deposits, which prevents the entry of nutrients and oxygen into the inner layers of the skin. In addition, the procedure allows you to accelerate the metabolism in cells, activate the processes of regeneration and synthesis of your own collagen and elastin proteins, relieve scars and spots from acne, age and expression wrinkles, comedones and sebaceous plugs. Many women use peeling to correct and prevent signs of wilting, aging of the skin.
By the nature of the effect on the skin, several types of cleansing are distinguished:
- Chemical (concentrated acids are used for the procedure);
- Enzymatic (preparations for clarification include biological additives – enzymes);
- Mechanical (removal of the upper layers of the skin is performed using abrasive nozzles and brushes);
- Physical or cryotherapy (very low temperatures and dry ice are used to cleanse and rejuvenate);
- Hardware (peeling is performed on special high-tech equipment using ultrasound, a laser, an infrared beam or low-frequency currents).
Not only the exposure technique is important when performing the peeling, but also the depth of penetration of the peeling agent. Imagine that the skin is a multi-layer cake. The upper 5 cakes are the epidermis, followed by the papillary and reticular layers of the dermis and subcutaneous fat. So, here peelings can be conditionally divided into such groups:
- Superficial peeling – only layers of the epidermis are involved, up to the basement membrane. The appearance of slight peeling during prolonged exposure to the sun. The rest of the procedure proceeds gently, without complications. After peeling, the skin becomes softer and more elastic, its color and general condition improves;
- Median peeling – in addition to the epidermis, the papillary dermis is affected. After cleansing, a strong redness and peeling appears. Thus, weakened, obsolete tissues are replaced by new, resilient and elastic ones. To complete the update, it will take a little time (1 – 2 weeks) and quality skin care;
- Deep peeling is a complex and responsible cleansing procedure. All layers of the epidermis and dermis are involved. After peeling, intense peeling is observed, swelling and inflammatory processes are possible. The procedure requires the presence of highly qualified specialists. To deeply cleanse the skin, the patient undergoes preparation and clinical examination to prevent possible complications and unpleasant consequences. Rehabilitation is quite difficult, the cosmetologist prescribes a number of anti-inflammatory, painkillers and antibiotics, special cosmetics with the addition of hyaluronic acid and wound healing components, without perfumes and chemical compounds are used to quickly restore the skin.
When choosing a peeling, consider that superficial, rarely median peeling can be performed at home and in beauty salons. However, with regard to deep cleaning – it can only be carried out in a clinical setting and under the guidance of experienced professionals.
Almost all peels have an extensive list of contraindications. In order not to harm your health, consult a cosmetologist before the procedure, he will draw up an individual cleansing program taking into account the characteristics of your body and skin condition or offer an alternative option if such peeling is contraindicated.
Choosing a chemical peeling
What is acid peeling?
Chemical peeling is the most popular type of facial skin cleansing. During the procedure, an acid or a whole complex of acids is applied to the face, which burns out the skin layers with all the defects. The higher the acid concentration and the longer the exposure time, the more pronounced the effect, and the deeper it acts. After acid exposure, the skin starts the active process of cell renewal. During this period, old, dead layers exfoliate, giving way to new, young and elastic.
To speed up the stage of restoration of the skin and not harm it, follow all the rules and recommendations for face care during the rehabilitation period. High effect guaranteed!
The benefits of acid exfoliation
The advantages of chemical peeling include:
- High efficiency of exfoliation;
- Instant achievement of the desired result;
- The procedure is quick;
- Superficial cleaning with acids can be done at home;
- Affordable cost of the procedure;
- Many superficial peels can be performed while breastfeeding, while not harming the mother and baby.
Disadvantages of the cleansing procedure
Cons of acid peels also have:
- High responsibility – if you overexpose the product or choose an overestimated concentration, then the burn can get out of control and greatly harm;
- The rehabilitation period is characterized by redness and peeling, and with deep exposure, swelling and inflammation appear;
- A day or two after exfoliation, contact with water is forbidden, and after phenol deep peeling, you even need to drink the first days through a tube;
- Many peels can be performed only in winter or late autumn, when solar activity is low;
- If you violate the rules of skin care during the rehabilitation period, scars and age spots will remain on the face.
Which is better to choose
All chemical peels are good in their own way. For example, glycolic, milk peeling is ideal for dry and sensitive skin, and retinoic cleansing is better for women aged. If the epidermis is oily, use fruit acids, and for a problematic type, use salicylic acid. But, if we talk about the final result, then phenol peeling is a complete degeneration of the skin.
Phenol peeling is the most complex and dangerous type of acid exfoliation. Phenol is a potent substance and at the slightest mistake can turn you from a beauty into a freak. Therefore, choosing this type of cleansing, contact the best specialists.
Exfoliation with phenol perfectly fights deep wrinkles, sagging and bumpy skin. As a result of cleaning, you will find smooth and beautiful skin, at least 10 years younger. This procedure is indicated for women after 40 years, when the signs of aging are pronounced.
Do not forget that phenol exfoliation has an extensive list of contraindications, requires a thorough examination and preparation before carrying out. In addition, it is painful and is performed with anesthesia. If the technology of carrying out, the preparatory and rehabilitation period will be fulfilled in full compliance with all the requirements of peeling, rest assured, the transformation will be grandiose!
Let’s turn to hardware cosmetology
What do hardware peels mean?
Hardware peels are the second most popular type of skin cleansing and rejuvenation. The technology of exposure to skin defects is somewhat different from chemical peeling. Hardware procedures are carried out using the latest equipment, which can only be used by specially trained cosmetologists.
Such cleaning uses ultrasonic waves, infrared radiation, a laser beam or low-frequency currents. These factors affect the problem itself, pointwise. The integrity of the surface is not violated, so there will be no difficulties in skin care during the rehabilitation period. Recovery has minimal side effects.
The benefits of hardware cleanup
Hardware cosmetology has a large number of positive aspects:
- High efficiency;
- During peeling, the integrity of the skin is not affected, and the problem is eradicated from the inside;
- Hardware peels activate their own rejuvenation processes, the synthesis of collagen and elastin fibers, so the effect is more persistent;
- Carrying out cleaning does not violate the usual rhythm of life, and after a few days you can safely go to work;
- Versatility – hardware peels can be used for all ages and skin types;
- No pronounced peeling and “chunks” of skin.
Cons of the technique
Hardware peels also have their negative sides:
- High cost due to the use of high-tech equipment;
- The procedure is carried out in a beauty salon or clinic, at home it is very problematic;
- The effect is growing – if you want to prepare for the event, then you need to do this in a few months, or even better in six months.
Which hardware peeling is better?
Laser resurfacing is considered the most formidable and effective peeling in the fight against clogged pores, dead and dead skin layers, wrinkles and the first signs of skin aging. The laser beam burns out the problematic dead cells from the inside and starts the production of new cells in their place.
The procedure is performed with local anesthesia or using special analgesic gels. After deep exposure, a strong redness of the face is possible, which will pass on its own over time. In some cases, a beautician may open a sick leave for several days for rehabilitation.
Alternatively, you can use fractional thermolysis. The procedure resembles laser resurfacing, but the efficiency is higher.
Physical peeling or cryo peeling involves the use of liquid nitrogen, which gives very low temperatures, or dry ice is used. Thus, problem areas, dead cells are frozen and removed, and the skin rapidly replaces their places with new, elastic fibers. After cleansing, blood microcirculation is enhanced, the tone and elasticity of tissues significantly increase, and skin color improves.
Cleansing the skin with enzymes or biologically active substances is ideal for very thin, hypersensitive skin. Its action is not as deep as hardware or chemical cleanings, so it will not work with deep wrinkles, scars. However, delicately peeling the epidermis, you can get rid of comedones and pigmentation on the face.
After the procedure, there is no irritation, redness or inflammation. Rehabilitation takes place without complications and inflammation. Enzyme peeling pauses age-related processes. It can also be used to prepare for more complex anti-aging treatments.
Mechanical cleaning can be of several types, depending on the selected exposure depth: coral peeling, scrubs, microdermabrasion, dermabrasion and others. However, dermabrasion remains the most effective procedure.
For dermabrasion, a special cutter is used, it removes the layers of the skin with all wrinkles and scars. The process itself and the rehabilitation period are very painful, so painkillers and anesthesia are used. During the recovery period, it is imperative to maintain hygiene and cleanliness, otherwise there is a high risk of infection, and get purulent rashes in the future.
Before any peeling, carry out an allergy test on the preparations and formulations used to exclude additional irritation and complication of the skin condition.
If you decide to do a peeling, be sure to consult a specialist. Sometimes even a minor health disorder can result in serious complications. It is also worth noting that regular peels will save you from problems in the future and will delay youth on your face for longer.