Superficial peeling in cosmetology is an opportunity to gently cleanse the skin, improve its condition, and refresh the face. The procedure is shown not only to eliminate visible defects, but also as a prevention of early aging of the integument. Plus, you can carry out this type of cleansing in the salon and at home. The main thing is to observe the technology of peeling, as well as the frequency of procedures.
The essence of the procedure
With age, the skin loses its natural elasticity and tone. This is due to the accumulated dead cells, weakened by regeneration and slowed down intracellular processes. You can “wake up” integuments, get rid of non-working particles of the epidermis, which clog pores and prevent skin from breathing, using a simple and effective procedure – surface peeling.
Superficial face peeling is a type of skin cleansing. The impact is not deep, only the stratum corneum of the epidermis is involved, so the procedure takes place without pain and complications. It should be noted right away that the procedure is able to correct only minor flaws and skin problems, for deep wrinkles and sagging cheeks it will be useless.
It is recommended to carry out superficial peeling courses. This will provide a more lasting and noticeable result.
As for the age category, cosmetologists insist on performing such a cleansing after 25 years, when the skin needs help in preventing the appearance of wrinkles and loss of tone. However, there are cases when peeling is carried out in adolescence for the treatment of acne, acne.
Types of Peelings
There are several ways to influence problem areas: using chemical and abrasive compounds, microcurrents and ultrasound. In cosmetology, these types of surface peeling are distinguished:
- Chemical peeling or exfoliation is the most popular type of cleansing. The principle of the method is to expose the epidermis with chemically active components (concentrated acids or alkali). The main advantages of exfoliation include high-quality cleansing and affordable price. But keep in mind that surface chemical peeling of the face has a pronounced process of exfoliating dead fibers. Outwardly, it will look like you are sunburned.
- Mechanical – no less effective type of surface cleansing of the integument. In this case, abrasive compounds, brushes, and sponges are used. Our usual scrubs also belong to mechanical peels. Skin renewal after such cleaning is gradual and less noticeable, in contrast to acid exfoliation.
- Hardware is perhaps the most delicate method of cleansing the epidermis. For peeling, high-tech equipment is used. In this case, the integrity of the integument is not violated; all the influence is directed deep into the epidermis. As a cleaning factor involved microcurrents, radio frequency and ultrasonic vibrations. There is a significant minus to the procedure – this is an overestimated cost, so not everyone can afford such purification.
- Enzymatic or enzymatic – a type of purification using enzymes (enzymes) obtained during the fermentation of bacteria of plant or animal origin. The substances used delicately destroy keratinized deposits, dirt and particles of fat, normalize the work of cells and glands.
The choice of type of peeling depends on your own preferences, the availability of indications and contraindications. Before cleaning, a consultation with a specialist is required. This will provide a quick and quality solution to your skin problem.
Who needs peeling
Surface peeling is not able to solve complex age-related imperfections and skin problems, but it can partially correct them, invigorate weakened epidermal cells and enhance intracellular processes.
Peeling is recommended if the following indications are available:
- first wrinkles and signs of early aging of the integument;
- acne, problem acne and acne on the face;
- clogged and enlarged pores, increased oily skin;
- unhealthy complexion, unusual grayness and dullness;
- weakening of the tone and elasticity of tissues;
- skin pigmentation, freckles that the client would like to get rid of;
- some dermatological diseases (folliculitis, seborrhea and others);
- comedones and black dots.
Superficial facial cleansing can be carried out as a preventive measure or before more complex cosmetic procedures (for example, before laser, phenol peeling or surgery).
The expected effect after cleaning
Superficial face peeling has a multilateral, beneficial effect:
- clears covers from dead cells, keratinization and sebaceous plugs;
- normalizes skin respiration;
- enhances the effect of cosmetic products used in daily face care;
- smoothes out fine wrinkles, folds, scars;
- activates the synthesis of natural collagen, thereby increasing the tone and elasticity of the fibers;
- It has a therapeutic and anti-inflammatory effect;
- dries acne;
- stabilizes the sebaceous glands;
- evens out the shade of the epidermis, makes it fresher and healthier;
- accelerates blood microcirculation, metabolism in epidermal cells.
The final result, in fact, like peeling, is superficial. The purpose of the procedure is to prevent the occurrence of the problem and facilitate its elimination, so don’t need to put on a miraculous face transformation.
If you suffer from a specific skin problem, choose a peeling purposefully. For example, salicylic acid exfoliation is ideal for owners of a problematic type of epidermis, because an acidic agent has a pronounced drying, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect. But with dry skin and the first messengers of early aging, it is better to use milk peeling, because lactic acid intensively moisturizes tissues and has a rejuvenating effect.
In general, freshness, healthy radiance, softness and lightness of the skin after a course of peelings are guaranteed. These pleasant customer changes will not leave the coming 4 – 6 months.
How often to clean
The final result of the peeling course is influenced by many factors. The main ones are: the sensitivity and reaction of the skin to the actions performed, the intensity of the exposure, the duration of the exposure, the degree of problem, and also what method was used to cleanse. To approve clear numbers, interprocedural intervals fail. On average, the number of treatments varies between 4 – 10 cleanings.
Between the procedures, it is necessary to take a break to restore the integument. If you decide to perform chemical peels, then the break should be within 7 – 10 days, but for hardware cleaning it can be reduced to 4 – 6.
The frequency and estimated schedule of peelings are determined by the beautician. This takes into account the condition of the skin, its sensitivity, age of the patient and the selected cleaning method. Violation of a given rhythm can reduce the effectiveness of procedures or dry tissues.
It is impossible or extremely undesirable to perform surface types of peelings in the presence of at least one point:
- there is a fresh tan on the face, wounds, abrasions or traces of a recent operation;
- the client suffers from chronic diseases such as epilepsy. Diabetes mellitus and others;
- there are benign or malignant neoplasms;
- with weakened immunity, ARVI;
- in the period of exacerbation of infectious diseases, there is herpes;
- the patient complains of fever, chills;
- with a tendency to form keloid scars;
- there is an allergy to the drug used.
With caution, after weighing the pros and cons, it is worth treating pregnant and lactating patients. Most of the surface peelings are safe for the baby, therefore it is not prohibited to perform. However, take into account the hormonal background, it can lead to an increase in skin sensitivity or, conversely, to nullify the expected effect.
For the same reason, it is not recommended to carry out superficial peeling during menstruation, while taking hormonal drugs.
Be sure to notify the cosmetologist about the negative experience of carrying out such procedures, about the passage of drug treatment and the negative reaction to individual components. These factors can also affect the result of peeling.
The most popular surface peels
Among the most popular methods of skin cleansing, loved by clients of beauty salons and lovers of home procedures, we can distinguish the following:
- Ultrasonic peeling is a light, painless option for hardware skin cleansing. Destruction of dead, keratinized deposits and particles of dirt is performed by ultrasound. In addition, sound vibrations additionally massage the skin, increase the tone of the fibers and improve blood microcirculation. The course of ultrasonic peelings, as a rule, is 5 – 10 procedures, and the resulting effect will last up to 4 months. Peeling is carried out using special equipment, but at home it is also possible to clean the skin. This can be done using the device for home use. This is a significant financial savings, you only need to spend money on the purchase of the device.
- Glycol peeling – refers to the category of exfoliation. Glycolic acid molecules quickly penetrate deep into the epidermis and destroy intercellular bonds and particles of fat and dirt. Glycolic acid is mild, rarely causes complications and irritation of the skin, therefore it is recommended for owners of a sensitive type of epidermis. Glycolic peeling also perfectly fights against problems of teenage and oily skin. The recommended course of glycolic peels is 4 – 10 procedures with an interval of 7 – 10 days.
- Lactic acid peeling is another type of chemical cleansing. In this case, the main ingredient is lactic or lactic acid. She is a wonderful moisturizer. The human body is well acquainted with lactic acid, therefore such peeling is perceived easily, without pain and complications. Milk peeling is indicated for all skin types, at any age.
If we talk about the simplest methods of cleansing the skin at home, then the leading position is occupied by scrubs. They include abrasive particles that mechanically clean the covers. For self-preparation of scrubs, you can use salt, sugar, oatmeal, coffee grounds and other simple kitchen products.
Attention! Peeling is recommended in late autumn or winter. These periods are characterized by reduced activity of sunlight, therefore, the risk of developing post-peeling skin pigmentation is reduced to zero.
To achieve the ideal condition of the skin, to support it at the first signs of aging and to delay this moment will help light, gentle surface cleansing. Remember, peeling is an essential part of quality, proper and effective skin care.