Skin care, first of all, begins with effective cleansing, but not everyone knows which peeling is better to choose, how not to get lost in the variety of methods of cosmetic procedures. The main task of peeling is to exfoliate dead particles and keratinous layers of the skin, but this does not end there. With the help of peeling you can cope with acne, acne, get rid of age spots and freckles, smooth wrinkles, various kinds of scars.
What does modern cosmetology offer?
The importance of peeling for the skin is undeniable. Constant regeneration (renewal) processes help to look resilient and fit. The faster these processes occur in the cells of the epidermis, the younger, more elastic the skin. Indeed, every day the cells of the skin lose their natural strength, age and completely cease to function. If you don’t get rid of them in time, then stratifications (keratinization) are formed, which close the access to the nutritional components from cosmetics, and violate the renewal of soft tissues. These changes provoke dullness, sagging skin and the appearance of the first wrinkles.
Modern methods of peeling only did not stop on cleansing issues; peeling products additionally treat, rejuvenate, moisturize or dry the skin. Facial peeling should be selected strictly based on the individual characteristics of the epidermis.
There are several classifications of peelings: by depth and by the principle of action. Let us dwell on this in more detail.
By depth of action, peels are divided into superficial, superficial-median, median and deep. The deeper the skin layers are involved, the more expressive the final result will be. However, you should also be aware that deep peeling refers to painful procedures, it does not tolerate errors, low professionalism of a cosmetologist and requires a long rehabilitation period. But surface peels are more gentle, they do not cause uncomfortable sensations, are easily tolerated, and can also be performed independently at home.
In addition, all peels can be divided into chemical, enzymatic or enzymatic, mechanical and hardware procedures. To choose the most effective face peeling that would save you from troubling skin problems, it is better to contact a cosmetologist. He will choose the best option for exfoliation, taking into account the characteristics of the skin structure, age and degree of problem.
Peeling selection criteria
Dead cells and clogged pores – this is not the whole list of possible imperfections on the face. Acne and acne, wrinkles, sagging, sagging epidermis, accelerated rates of withering of the skin, age spots, and at the same time increased oily or dry skin complement this “bouquet”. Surprisingly, the peeling procedure will be able to facilitate the solution of these problems, and sometimes even eradicate. But on which peeling to stop from the whole variety of cosmetic cleansing procedures?
Several key factors affect the choice of the best facial peeling: age, type of epidermis, nature of the problem.
Over the years, our skin suffers internal changes in work, this affects the condition of the skin fibers. First of all, a slowdown in metabolic processes is observed, the production of collagen and elastin is reduced, as a result, the tone weakens, the skin becomes thinner, and reacts more sensitively to ultraviolet, wind, and temperature changes. Given these features, cosmetologists recommend a peeling for each age category:
- For young skin up to 25 years, a deep impact is not required, enough superficial peels. The skin at this age is actively renewed and independently prevents aging, therefore, serious defects do not appear. More serious actions in matters of cleansing should be taken if problem acne and rashes attacked the skin;
- In 25 – 35 years, the first wrinkles appear, the skin requires a deeper effect. At this age, it is worth paying attention to surface-median peels;
- In 35 – 50 years, the skin needs active help, median or deep peeling can provide it. These procedures guarantee deep cleansing of the skin, stimulate the regeneration processes, the synthesis of new collagen and elastin fibers;
- After 50 years, radical measures are needed – these are deep peels. They help to correct defects, smooth out deep wrinkles as much as possible, and even out face relief.
It is also important to understand that the more solid your age, the more attention the skin requires. Do not expect in 55 years after one peeling procedure to look young and without wrinkles. To successfully look in old age, you need to persistently and timely care for a person from youth, and the peeling procedure is only part of quality care.
Peeling is a must for any skin type. The choice of cleansing technique largely depends on the features of the skin. Each type of epidermis has its own preferred options, they will help to achieve the maximum benefit from cleaning:
- Sensitive, dry skin needs gentle and at the same time effective cleansing, which can guarantee peeling with lactic acid. In addition to deep cleansing, lactic acid corrects the lack of moisture in the cells, it does it gently and without complications. Another advantage of this type of exfoliation is that skin cells are familiar with lactic acid, so rehabilitation is quick and easy;
- For combination and oily skin, fruit or enzyme peels are ideal. They stabilize the work of the glands, narrow the pores and partially dry the surface;
- For the problematic type of epidermis, salicylic is the best peeling. Salicylic acid has an anti-inflammatory, bactericidal effect, it dries up problem acne, reduces the activity of inflammatory processes. After the first cleansing procedure, your acne will become less noticeable, and after a course of exfoliation completely disappear. Salicylic peeling is a long-term investment; it enhances the immunity of epidermal cells and prevents further problems.
If in doubt what type of epidermis you have, consult a beautician. He will also advise you on the correct solution to skin problems and the subtleties of caring for it.
The peeling procedure is often used to specifically address skin imperfections. If you are concerned about any specific defects on the face, then this factor should also be taken into account when choosing a cleaning method:
- Remove age spots, freckles due to microcrystalline dermabrasion;
- You can refresh, lighten, even out the shade of the skin with any surface acid peeling;
- Exfoliation with fruit acids will eliminate black spots, comedones, narrow pores and relieve greasy shine on the face;
- With regard to the removal of residual scars and scars after acne, TCA peeling promises a good result. The main active ingredient is trichloroacetic acid. It acts very strongly, and in violation of the cleansing technique it can lead to sad consequences, so if you dare to such a procedure, contact professionals;
- General withering of the skin, unusual grayness, pronounced relief (fossa, tubercles) of the skin will be corrected by coral cleaning;
- For facial rejuvenation, beauticians offer a laser or fractional procedure. The laser beam penetrates into the inner layers of the skin, burns out old and non-working cells, thereby stimulating active regeneration. The effect after a hardware procedure only increases with time and persists for a long time;
- The best peeling in matters of “degeneration” of the epidermis is phenolic. However, along with high efficiency, this type of exfoliation is characterized by a high risk of injury and complications at the slightest error in the technique. There is an option for safer “rebirth” – this is microdermabrasion, but, in turn, the rehabilitation period is very painful and long.
Entrust the performance of middle and deep cleansing of the face to professionals, because the smallest mistake in performing the procedure can lead to injuries on the face. As for surface cleanings, they are easy to do on their own. The main thing is to thoroughly and carefully study the principle of exfoliation, to purchase or prepare a peeling agent.
How to better cleanse your skin at home
Not everyone has the opportunity to visit a beauty salon. There are many reasons for this, in particular, lack of time and material resources. However, this does not mean that skin care can be abandoned. In a specialized store, in a drugstore, you can buy a ready-made peeling product or prepare it yourself.
Surface peels with acids (salicylic, glycolic, retinoic, dairy and others), peeling masks with the addition of natural products, and gommages are especially in demand at home. They do not require professional skills, are easy to use and, as a rule, do not cause side effects.
In order not to harm the skin, to be sure of the successful outcome of your actions, it is recommended to visit a cosmetologist in advance, tell him about the planned cleaning. Do not neglect the test for an allergic reaction, so that later you do not suffer from irritation and unexpected complications.
The first chemical peeling is recommended to be performed in the salon under the strict guidance of a specialist. So, you will see the skin reaction to such procedures, get acquainted with the procedure and subtleties of their conduct, ask the cosmetologist about the mistakes that patients often make in preparing for peeling, in leaving after cleansing.
Modern cosmetology allows you to approach the solution of imperfections, skin problems individually, to maximize its condition, not to harm. Choose a cleansing technique after a detailed analysis of the effectiveness of the procedure in relation to your type of epidermis, not based solely on its popularity.